Election Night 2056: The Fate of America
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:39:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election Night 2056: The Fate of America
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Election Night 2056: The Fate of America  (Read 10010 times)
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2017, 06:59:10 PM »

8:00 PM EST

We have a flurry of new poll closings!

So many states! Where to start?

Well I always prefer to hear the bad news first, so let’s start with the Richardson calls.

Nobody asked you, Senator. But sure. We can project that the wealthiest state in the union, Connecticut will be voting for President Derek Richardson tonight. No shocker here, Connecticut is a very Republican state, and tonight it gives the President its 8 electoral votes. We can also project that the states of New Jersey, Maine, and New Hampshire will all go for the President tonight.

For the Governor’s camp, we can project Democratic wins in Delaware, Mississippi, and Oklahoma. We can also project that she will win the nation’s smallest state, Rhode Island, as well as the state of New Columbia, also known as Washington DC.

There are a bunch of states that ANN cannot call at the moment, too: Illinois, Florida, Massachusetts, Missouri, Alabama, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee are all too early to call. I never thought I’d see the day when Alabama’s outcome would be in doubt, let alone Massachusetts. They each have the longest streak of voting for the same party at the Presidential level for their respective party.

Well, Governor Byrd’s been making a play for old Confederacy states that the GOP’s taken for granted and that Democrats haven’t contested in a long time. President Richardson’s invested a lot of resources into Massachusetts. We’ll see tonight if any of those efforts pay off.

We also have results at the Senatorial level to report, and it’s a doozy.

In Alabama, my friend Marth Lesse is facing a challenge from Democratic state Attorney General Belle Blitz. This race is too close to call.

In Delaware, Democratic Senator Al Mason has won a third term against no serious opposition.

In Illinois, Republican Senator Thomas Rhinoceros is facing Congresswoman Natalia Teel. The race is currently too close to call.

In Maine, Senator Max Power has retired, and Republican Neil B. Zod will hold the seat for his party.

Maine went from having two Republican Senators in 2011 to... having two Republican Senators now. Some things never change.

You might be right, but if Governor Maineäco ever eyes one of those Senate seats, the GOP's in trouble. He's super popular in Maine despite governing like he's in Vermont. He's a total MAINEiac, and I love him!

Get out. Get out right now.

ANYWAY, Senator Samantha Starlton has won a second term in Massachusetts, holding the seat for the Democrats.

The same thing happened in Mississippi. Her name is Cynthia Bloom, this is her third term, yada yada.

Let’s wrap this up. Republican Madigan Murko won a second term in New Jersey. Republican Kevin Sununu won an open seat in New Hampshire. Harriette Sunderland wins an open seat in Rhode Island with no GOP opposition. And New Columbia’s Senate seat will continue to be held by Democrat Beet McBeetsman.

Don’t forget Tennessee! Incumbent Roland Corker is facing Democratic Congressman Clarence Boddicker. The race is too close to call at this hour. Also, in Oklahoma, Democrat Maxwell Christie is facing former Secretary of Agriculture Jake Johnson. The race is currently too close to call.

Governor Anna Byrd (D-WV)/Rep. Dan Kushner (D-CA): 89 EVs
President Derek Richardson (R-SC)/Vice President Timothy Tang (R-WA): 52 EVs
278 to win

Democrats: 46 Seats
Republicans: 36 Seats

So far, this isn’t looking great for the GOP. Democrats have already picked up one Senate seat, and we should remind our viewers, they only need a net pickup of 4 seats, or 3 and the White House, to take the Senate. The GOP only has 3 potential pickups, one being Oklahoma, but they’re all shaky. Even if Richardson wins a second term, he might end up like Aaron Seagull, having to deal with an opposition-controlled Congress for the rest of his Presidency.

You say that now, but the night's still young. I remember 2044. Everything started out looking so good for Petersen; he won Illinois as soon as the polls closed, took Florida, and then he ended up watching someone else's inauguration.

(author's note: I got bigly tripped up by Heisenberg's awesomeness. When you mentioned that you would see RINO Tom as an Illinois Senator, you made me think I had already posted the update that includes polls closing in Illinois! You read my mind, and it's creepy, and I am beyond impressed.)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2017, 07:13:35 PM »

I would have gone for Beety McBeetface myself.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2017, 07:34:56 PM »

Also, this is looking great!
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2017, 08:40:32 PM »

Thanks so much!

Okay, to everyone who wants to be included as a Senator or Governor of a state: Let me know the state, the job, the party, (different alignment, so sometimes the parties might be different. Also for the sake of simplicity, no third parties) and the name I'll be using. I'll try my best to squeeze as many people in here as possible. It'd be harder if you're from a state that doesn't have a Class 2 Senator, but I can still try!
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2017, 09:44:56 PM »

Could I be a R-Gov PA?
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2017, 12:04:46 PM »

Out of curiosity, are there any current Senators still serving?
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2017, 12:17:49 PM »

Could you refer to me as closely tied to the Labor Unions (Also for my name, I was thinking Hubert Bruh McGmger)?
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2017, 12:27:06 PM »

Out of curiosity, are there any current Senators still serving?

Yes there are! Exactly two current US Senators are still in the upper chamber. The first is Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz, currently 83 years old. (40 at this point ITTL) The second is a Class 2 Senator, so I won't give it away now, but I'll talk about them in due time Wink

Could you refer to me as closely tied to the Labor Unions (Also for my name, I was thinking Hubert Bruh McGmger)?

Sure! Though to be completely fair, almost the entirety of this iteration of the Democratic Party is closely tied to the labor unions. Organized labor made a gigantic comeback in the 2020s and is now pretty much the organizational backbone of the party. It would be more surprising if a prominent Dem didn't have ties to unions.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2017, 12:51:34 PM »

Republican Senator from Florida, please Smiley
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2017, 12:56:36 PM »

Absolutely, but I'm going to need a name to use. Even if it's something s simple as Gov. Jala West or Sen. Tim Saint, I'd like confirmation on that before I use you guys
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2017, 02:47:40 PM »

Thanks so much!

Okay, to everyone who wants to be included as a Senator or Governor of a state: Let me know the state, the job, the party, (different alignment, so sometimes the parties might be different. Also for the sake of simplicity, no third parties) and the name I'll be using. I'll try my best to squeeze as many people in here as possible. It'd be harder if you're from a state that doesn't have a Class 2 Senator, but I can still try!

Here:

Position: Governor
State: New York
Name: You can just use my username.
Party: Democrat especially in a realignment like this
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2017, 02:57:25 PM »

Republican Governor of Illinois Joanna Campbell please
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2017, 03:02:14 PM »

Republican Governor of Illinois Joanna Campbell please
Welcome to the team!
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2017, 05:09:01 PM »

Absolutely, but I'm going to need a name to use. Even if it's something s simple as Gov. Jala West or Sen. Tim Saint, I'd like confirmation on that before I use you guys
That works.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2017, 05:10:42 PM »

That works.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2017, 05:47:31 PM »

Because it's going to affect how many people/who I can give a statewide office to, after the 2054 midterms and 2055 elections, the current Gubernatorial count is 31 Democrats, 21 Republicans. Not that I'll get 22 gubernatorial requests, but still Tongue (also, the Governor of West Virginia slot isn't open, because it's held by Anna Byrd)

That works.

Duly noted! Smiley
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2017, 05:59:21 PM »

8:30 PM EST

Polls have just closed in Arkansas! Arkansas is thought to be one of the most conservative states in the nation. It has yet to vote Democratic this century, and it’s the home of former Republican Senate Leader Tom Cotton.

However, that might all be about to change tonight, as Governor Byrd’s been campaigning heavily in this state, and it’s too close to call! We also have an open Senate race between Arkansas Secretary of State Billy Rodstol and Lt. Governor Jackson Elliott. Like many races right now, we can only characterize this one as too close to call.

However! We do have another race that we can call right now! President Richardson will win the state of Virginia. Despite Byrd’s gains in the southern part of the state, Fairfax County and its brethren have just been getting more and more Republican with each election. Virginia remains in Republican hands tonight.

Governor Anna Byrd (D-WV)/Rep. Dan Kushner (D-CA): 89 EVs
President Derek Richardson (R-SC)/Vice President Timothy Tang (R-WA): 67 EVs
278 to win

Democrats: 46 Seats
Republicans: 36 Seats
Cynthia
ueutyi
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -3.63

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2017, 03:24:37 AM »

Can you set Nebraska governor to be Republican Ovid Chong please?

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 02:25:26 PM »

Can you make Bob Ross Jr. a senator from Oregon?
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2017, 09:53:47 PM »

R. Pryor (R-TN or NJ)
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2017, 10:40:38 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2017, 11:31:31 PM by Spenstar »

8:45 PM EST

We have a call to make! Governor Byrd has won the state of Alabama. A state that had not voted Democratic since 1980 is in the Governor’s column tonight. However the state’s Senate race remains too close to call.

Stay tuned, as the next round of poll closings will happen in 15 minutes!

Governor Anna Byrd (D-WV)/Rep. Dan Kushner (D-CA): 94 EVs
President Derek Richardson (R-SC)/Vice President Timothy Tang (R-WA): 67 EVs
278 to win

What are you doing?

Messaging Senator Ross to remind him that I won the bet. We bet on who would win Alabama, and since Byrd did, Bob Ross Jr, Republican Senator from Oregon, has to sing on the Senate floor on my birthday.

You know you're kind of an ass, Senator.

Muahahahahaha
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2017, 10:55:09 PM »

You evil-

-sigh-
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2017, 12:10:22 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2017, 12:39:00 PM by Spenstar »

9:00 EST

It’s 9 PM on the East Coast, and a number of states have closed. Let’s start with the good news for Governor Byrd. She is projected to win Arizona, New Mexico, New York, and Wyoming. No surprises there. Each of these states voted Republican at some points this century, but they’re all modern-day Democratic strongholds.

I want to give special attention to Wyoming, because it going Democratic would have seemed to weird to so many people in the Pre-Seagull era. This is one of only five states that never voted for Sherrod Brown or Kamala Harris. It was a Trump/Trump/Pence/Sullivan/Hawley state, and yet today we just accept that it’ll go Democratic.

Yeah, sudden population influxes can do that to a state. Just look at Vermont.

Yeah, my party thanks God for BrownRoads every day.

Also, how'd New York get called so quickly? It usually takes its sweet time counting all the votes from the liberal cesspool.

My home state can haul votes if it wants to. Not only is Byrd really popular in the upstate region, but we New York Democrats pulled out all the stops campaigning for her.

Why didn't you do that for Smith?

I campaigned for him, but Governor Jake Jewvinivisk wasn't enthused. His eyes lit up when Byrd won the nomination this year, though. They've been friends for a long time and he put in real work helping her win the nomination. Our Governor can be a political wizard when he wants to be, it's amazing!

Okay... enough sappy talk about your stupid Governor. On to the Richardson states, we can project that Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, and North Dakota will be won by the President.

We have three different categories of states we cannot call yet. The first are New West states that Richardson has been contesting: South Dakota and Colorado. The second are Republican states in the South and Midwest that Byrd is contesting: Wisconsin and Louisiana. And finally, two critical swing states: Texas and Michigan.

Governor Anna Byrd (D-WV)/Rep. Dan Kushner (D-CA): 157 EVs
President Derek Richardson (R-SC)/Vice President Timothy Tang (R-WA): 90 EVs
278 to win

We also have a lot of Senate races to cover. Let’s get to the big one: in Michigan, Former Senator Pavol Brower has defeated Senator John Ronson in their rematch, making this the Second Democratic pickup of the night.

Woohoo! JoRo is gone and the Chad Democrat is back!

In Colorado, incumbent Republican Senator Quentin Rothschild is up against 30-year-old US Congressman William J. Rutherford. The race is too early to call. The story is the same in South Dakota, where Republican Flynn Rider seeks a third term against Democrat Kamala Stewart; and in Texas, where Senator Calvin Coolidge (no relation) faces State House Speaker L. D. Smith. (also no relation) In the Minnesota Seat once held by Al Franken, Republican incumbent Wulfric Dragon is locked in a tight match against Congressman B.R.T. Delaney. That race is also too close to call. Finally, the Louisiana Senate race between Senator Butch Cassidy and 32-year-old Congressman Kyle Sundance cannot be called at this hour.

.....note to self: never visit Minnesota.

Quick word about that Louisiana race. No matter who wins, someone from Florida’s going to be very happy. Butch Cassidy and Senator Tim Saint are peas in a pod, the Graham and McCain of the modern era. It’s honestly adorable. Kyle Sundance learned everything he knows through a certain political mentor from the Sunshine State: Thomas Razze. Their relationship is also amazing. No matter who wins, this is going to be a victory for Senatorial friendship.

Here’s what we can call: Republican incumbents Jeanne Yates and Ben Sasse have been re-elected in Kansas and Nebraska, respectively. Democratic Senator Jesús Gonzales of New Mexico will win re-election over Abraham Kaine. Finally, in Wyoming, Democratic Senator Cleveland Chafee will easily win re-election.

I can tell you right now that Ben Sasse would have retired if there wasn't a Republican in the Governor's mansion. I don't usually like Republican wins, but Governor Ovid Chong kept my friend in the job he loves for a little while longer, and who can be anything but happy about that?

Democrats: 49 Seats
Republicans: 38 Seats
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2017, 12:21:15 PM »

I can't fit God into Pat Brower, so I can't fulfill the Feingod joke. Angry
SamTilden2020

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2017, 12:35:26 PM »

I can't fit God into Pat Brower, so I can't fulfill the Feingod joke. Angry

Pat GODwer?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies