Election Night 2056: The Fate of America
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:42:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election Night 2056: The Fate of America
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Election Night 2056: The Fate of America  (Read 9904 times)
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2017, 12:36:49 PM »

Woohoo! JoRo is gone and the Chad Democrat is back!
I can't fit God into Pat Brower, so I can't fulfill the Feingod joke. Angry

Pat GODwer?

Pat Godwer works Cheesy
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2017, 12:39:40 PM »

Woohoo! JoRo is gone and the Chad Democrat is back!
I can't fit God into Pat Brower, so I can't fulfill the Feingod joke. Angry

Pat GODwer?

Pat Godwer works Cheesy

Actually I changed the name to Pavol Brower. So he can be PaGOD, or GODwer
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2017, 12:51:12 PM »

Fair enough. Tongue
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2017, 03:53:20 PM »

Thanks for the inclusion!
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2017, 03:55:38 PM »

No problem! Smiley
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2017, 01:28:29 PM »

9:15 EST

We have a very important call to make. With 98% of precincts reporting, and with only a 1 percentage point margin, we can project that former Governor Roberto Mendoza has defeated Senator Juan Miranda, picking up the seat for the Democrats.

Such a shame. Miranda was a great Senator and I really thought the GOP could hold on to that seat.

We can also project that Governor Byrd has won the State of Massachusetts and its 10 electoral votes.

Governor Anna Byrd (D-WV)/Rep. Dan Kushner (D-CA): 167 EVs
President Derek Richardson (R-SC)/Vice President Timothy Tang (R-WA): 90 EVs
278 to win

Democrats: 50 Seats
Republicans: 38 Seats

You do know what this means, right? Pryor-Miranda isn't going to become law. Sad!

I honestly didn't hate that law too much, but I'll take any chance I get to rub this into Richard Pryor's face!

Now, come on, Senator Pryor's a good man. I know you hate everything that comes out of New Jersey but he's probably the easier Republican to work with. It can become Pryor-Dettwyler if he changes the bill up a little.

I hate you, Senator.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2017, 01:57:40 PM »

By the way, how's your junior Senator doing?

Ah, my friend Hubert McGmger. He's pretty great actually. He's watching the Senate races closely. He's always wanted to Chair the Finance Committee, and if we win just three more seats tonight he's going to be really happy.

Why would the Democratic Party have a New York Senator chair Finance? Over here their reputation is tainted by Wall Street.

New York's Democratic Party divorced from Wall Street a while back, actually. I think it was a combination of me not cowing to their interests and President Seagull showing that Wall Street, the GOP, and New York can get along. Remember how I won my second term in 2040 by only three points and got outspent 7 to 1? Me winning that election was the end of the Wall Street influence on the New York Democratic Party.
That's how we got Jewvinivisk as Governor, me continuing to be a Senator, and so on.

We all know you're dying to tell the story of your best friend's rise to power. There are no calls right now, you have a captive audience. Do it.

Okay! So after Wall Street tried and failed to destroy me, they had an opportunity to mend bridges with the NY Dems two years later. Kirsten Gillbrand was retiring after 32 years in the upper chamber, and there was this really nice Democrat named Link Cuomo who was geared up for the seat.
 But New York City Comptroller Hubert McGmger put up a real fight in the Primary, matching Cuomo's Wall Street money with resources from the AFL-CIO.

We all know this, sir. My question is, why did you endorse McGmger? Everyone expected you to throw your weight behind Cuomo...

Because I knew Hubert, both as Comptroller and especially as Senatorial candidate.
 He was a populist liberal, sure, but he also had a command of detail that you don't see very much in politicians in general, let along union populists. He had very specific plans for Wall Street regulations,
 for UBI, for trade, you name it. It was almost like the spirit of President Brown himself had entered this New Yorker. He's a once-in-a-generation guy. Every day I'm grateful to myself for making the right decision, and to him for being a wonderful friend and an outstanding Senator. This nation is better because of him, and I don't say that lightly.

Okay, enough sappy stuff. We have commercials to go to.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2017, 03:17:28 PM »

By the way, how's your junior Senator doing?

Ah, my friend Hubert McGmger. He's pretty great actually. He's watching the Senate races closely. He's always wanted to Chair the Finance Committee, and if we win just three more seats tonight he's going to be really happy.

Why would the Democratic Party have a New York Senator chair Finance? Over here their reputation is tainted by Wall Street.

New York's Democratic Party divorced from Wall Street a while back, actually. I think it was a combination of me not cowing to their interests and President Seagull showing that Wall Street, the GOP, and New York can get along. Remember how I won my second term in 2040 by only three points and got outspent 7 to 1? Me winning that election was the end of the Wall Street influence on the New York Democratic Party.
That's how we got Jewvinivisk as Governor, me continuing to be a Senator, and so on.

We all know you're dying to tell the story of your best friend's rise to power. There are no calls right now, you have a captive audience. Do it.

Okay! So after Wall Street tried and failed to destroy me, they had an opportunity to mend bridges with the NY Dems two years later. Kirsten Gillbrand was retiring after 32 years in the upper chamber, and there was this really nice Democrat named Link Cuomo who was geared up for the seat.
 But New York City Comptroller Hubert McGmger put up a real fight in the Primary, matching Cuomo's Wall Street money with resources from the AFL-CIO.

We all know this, sir. My question is, why did you endorse McGmger? Everyone expected you to throw your weight behind Cuomo...

Because I knew Hubert, both as Comptroller and especially as Senatorial candidate.
 He was a populist liberal, sure, but he also had a command of detail that you don't see very much in politicians in general, let along union populists. He had very specific plans for Wall Street regulations,
 for UBI, for trade, you name it. It was almost like the spirit of President Brown himself had entered this New Yorker. He's a once-in-a-generation guy. Every day I'm grateful to myself for making the right decision, and to him for being a wonderful friend and an outstanding Senator. This nation is better because of him, and I don't say that lightly.

Okay, enough sappy stuff. We have commercials to go to.
Reading this made me blush.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2017, 08:18:04 PM »

9:30 PM EST

Polls have just closed in the state of Maryland. No surprise, Governor Byrd has won the state. The DC suburbs are getting more Republican, but Baltimore and its metro area are too Democratic for it to matter.

We have another call to make, as well: President Richardson has won the state of Illinois and its 17 electoral votes. The Senate race remains too close to call. The balance of power in the Senate could hinge on this race, so all eyes are on Illinois.

Governor Anna Byrd (D-WV)/Rep. Dan Kushner (D-CA): 178 EVs
President Derek Richardson (R-SC)/Vice President Timothy Tang (R-WA): 107 EVs
278 to win

Illinois Governor Joanna Campbell did a lot of campaigning for President Richardson, do you think that helped him in Illinois?

Who knows? Illinois is a Republican state anyway, just one that takes its sweet time counting votes. Richardson was going to win here with or without Campbell.

So why isn't Tom Rhino coasting to victory?

He'll pull this one out, just you wait.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2017, 01:36:53 AM »

Any spots left?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2017, 09:08:53 AM »

Not sure off the top of my head, but I wonder what's going on in NC-GOV.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2017, 11:11:03 AM »

I can make you the D candidate for ID-Sen or MT-Sen
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2017, 11:21:31 PM »

Either is fine.
(Name is Lachlan Duggan)
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2017, 05:31:10 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2017, 06:38:01 PM by Spenstar »

9:45 PM EST

Polls close in Montana, Iowa, Nevada, and Utah in 15 minutes, but while we wait for that, we have some calls to make. First of all, President Richardson has won the second congressional district of Nebraska and the first congressional district of Maine, netting him two electoral votes.

In more exciting news, President Derek Richardson has won Florida! Florida has been a must-win state for the Republican Party for my entire life, so it being in the Richardson camp should give the President some relief. His path to 278 just got wider.

Governor Anna Byrd (D-WV)/Rep. Dan Kushner (D-CA): 195 EVs
President Derek Richardson (R-SC)/Vice President Timothy Tang (R-WA): 131 EVs
278 to win

Let’s talk about those paths to 278. Compared to the 2052 map, Governor Byrd has already flipped North Carolina and Alabama. If she flips Texas and California, that’s 284 electoral votes and the Presidency, even if Richardson wins literally everything else that has yet to be called. Richardson won Texas by a healthy margin, but his California win was razor-thin, and Kushner’s from there. At this point, if Byrd wins California and every Marcus Smith state that has yet to be called, that’s also a win. California is a must-win for the President.

If Richardson wins California and Texas, he gets 221 electoral votes. That still isn’t enough; he’ll need to find 57 more electoral votes. We can safely say that he’ll get Washington, Utah, Hawaii and Oregon, which with California and Texas get him to 247. He’d still need 31 more electoral votes to win.

At that point it would be fairly straightforward for him to get the remaining electoral votes. There are three regions in contention tonight: the Midwest, the South, and the New West. The current numbers in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania all look good for the President, though ANN isn’t comfortable calling any of them yet. Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania combined give the President 39 electoral votes, enough for a win if he also gets Texas and California, and enough to effectively replace Texas should it go to Byrd.

Next is the South, or Old South as some call it. These are states that either have been voting Republican or have been toss-ups but where Governor Byrd has revitalized Democratic interest. She’s already flipped Alabama and North Carolina, but Richardson might flip Tennessee in exchange, and the rest is looking very close. If Richardson pulls it out in Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Tennessee, that’s 32 electoral votes. That, plus Texas and California, is a win. If Richardson loses Texas but wins the Midwest instead, that’s also a win. All eyes are on the Old South tonight.

That leaves the New West, but why don’t we wait to talk about it until the 10PM polls close?

Fine by me. Oh, we have a couple calls to make!Minnesota Senator Wulfric Dragon has won re-election, a hold for the Republican Party. On the other hand, Congresswoman Amber Moonfall has won the Senate race in South Carolina, gaining the seat for the Democrats.

Democrats: 51 Seats
Republicans: 39 Seats

That’s the fourth pickup that the Democrats needed! If they simply hold onto Oklahoma and Alaska, Serrano will be Majority Leader once again.

That won’t be easy. There’s not a single seat left uncalled that the GOP didn’t heavily contest. We’re gonna win the Senate, may as well accept it now!

Whatever you say...
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2017, 06:31:20 PM »

Hopefully we'll see Governor Crystal Sunbeam when the west coast results come in Tongue
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2017, 02:38:02 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2017, 02:46:07 PM by Comrade Peb! »

I've made a big bad list of all congressional districts, on the offchance that we have a new wave of Atlasians who want in. 444 seats remaining. Consult the map below for how many open seats there are.

Districts with less open seats than districts already have a Congressman mentioned previously (William J. Rutherford (CO), Natalia Teel (IL), Kyle Sundance (LA), B. R. T. Delaney (MN), Amber Moonfall (SC) and Clarence Boddicker (TN)), with the exception of South Dakota, whose fourth district belongs to a Sally Wilson, named by Spenstar when I was making a joke about the growth of the New West.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2017, 05:23:26 PM »

Congressman Matías Osorio from S. Florida?Cool
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2017, 07:48:27 PM »

Oh yeah, I'd like a bit of community input on something.

I have the skeletons of origin stories for both President Derek Richardson and Governor Anna Byrd, starting in 2022-2023 and going until this very election. But I also know I'm doing an election night format, not a Sun and Moon or Eternal Sunshine format. Would the origin stories be something you guys would want to see now, or after the election, or never?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2017, 07:58:07 PM »

I'd like to see them after the election.
Cynthia
ueutyi
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -3.63

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2017, 12:18:51 AM »

I'd like to see them after the election.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2017, 12:33:12 AM »

Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2017, 02:38:31 AM »

This map is looking like something from the west wing... except not as bad, considering how far in the future this is.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2017, 06:48:09 AM »

This map is looking like something from the west wing... except not as bad, considering how far in the future this is.
Which is convenient, because four years ago, Marcus Smith got Vinick'd.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2017, 10:33:28 AM »

How so? I havent watched enough of west wing to get a feel for its election maps (I'm only in season 3)
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2017, 10:43:22 AM »

How so? I havent watched enough of west wing to get a feel for its election maps (I'm only in season 3)
Oh, honey. Just wait until season 4 and especially 7.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies