Election Night 2056: The Fate of America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:17:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election Night 2056: The Fate of America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election Night 2056: The Fate of America  (Read 10078 times)
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« on: October 07, 2017, 04:32:02 AM »

I better be a Senator from Maine New York.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 12:17:49 PM »

Could you refer to me as closely tied to the Labor Unions (Also for my name, I was thinking Hubert Bruh McGmger)?
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 03:17:28 PM »

By the way, how's your junior Senator doing?

Ah, my friend Hubert McGmger. He's pretty great actually. He's watching the Senate races closely. He's always wanted to Chair the Finance Committee, and if we win just three more seats tonight he's going to be really happy.

Why would the Democratic Party have a New York Senator chair Finance? Over here their reputation is tainted by Wall Street.

New York's Democratic Party divorced from Wall Street a while back, actually. I think it was a combination of me not cowing to their interests and President Seagull showing that Wall Street, the GOP, and New York can get along. Remember how I won my second term in 2040 by only three points and got outspent 7 to 1? Me winning that election was the end of the Wall Street influence on the New York Democratic Party.
That's how we got Jewvinivisk as Governor, me continuing to be a Senator, and so on.

We all know you're dying to tell the story of your best friend's rise to power. There are no calls right now, you have a captive audience. Do it.

Okay! So after Wall Street tried and failed to destroy me, they had an opportunity to mend bridges with the NY Dems two years later. Kirsten Gillbrand was retiring after 32 years in the upper chamber, and there was this really nice Democrat named Link Cuomo who was geared up for the seat.
 But New York City Comptroller Hubert McGmger put up a real fight in the Primary, matching Cuomo's Wall Street money with resources from the AFL-CIO.

We all know this, sir. My question is, why did you endorse McGmger? Everyone expected you to throw your weight behind Cuomo...

Because I knew Hubert, both as Comptroller and especially as Senatorial candidate.
 He was a populist liberal, sure, but he also had a command of detail that you don't see very much in politicians in general, let along union populists. He had very specific plans for Wall Street regulations,
 for UBI, for trade, you name it. It was almost like the spirit of President Brown himself had entered this New Yorker. He's a once-in-a-generation guy. Every day I'm grateful to myself for making the right decision, and to him for being a wonderful friend and an outstanding Senator. This nation is better because of him, and I don't say that lightly.

Okay, enough sappy stuff. We have commercials to go to.
Reading this made me blush.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies