Opinion of George HW Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:37:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of George HW Bush
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of George HW Bush (41st President, who served from 1989-1993)?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 72

Author Topic: Opinion of George HW Bush  (Read 2344 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 10:26:15 AM »

FF of the highest degree (normal, sane).
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 10:41:19 AM »

Lean HP

I admit I have a bit more respect for him after a visit to his Presidential Library though.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 11:39:50 AM »

Not a fan of his opposition to industrial policy.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 12:34:10 PM »

Meh, lean HP. 
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2017, 01:14:26 PM »

Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 11:10:00 AM »

Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 11:17:51 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2017, 11:19:40 AM by Zyzz »

What is your opinion of the 41st President of the United States? Personally I'd say FF for a  modern Republican (my definition of that being the Republican Party from 1980-Present). The Gulf War was handled well, as was the end of the Cold War and reunification of Germany, and I think his breaking the Tax Pledge was an act of political courage and an act of necessity (thanks Reagan...). So what are your thoughts?

The day the Berlin wall fell, the media asked Bush why he didn't seem happy or boisterous about the events that happened earlier that day. Bush responded that he was a very emotional person in his personal life, but as president he had a duty not to brag and antagonize the USSR or East Germany. He said later on that if he bragged and started chest thumping, Gorbachev or a few Soviet generals might send in the tanks out of spite. What a smart sober thing that was to do.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 10:50:29 PM »

A truly despicable man who would not be out of place among the worst elements of today's GOP.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 11:10:15 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2017, 11:11:52 PM by Maxwell »

a man who largely made the horrorshow of today's GOP possible.

the man OPPOSED civil rights when he ran in 1964.

he was a deplorable, amoral, power hungry person who sold out every position he ever took.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2017, 11:55:37 AM »

Iran Contra is enough reason to treat this guy with contempt.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2017, 09:25:41 PM »

What is your opinion of the 41st President of the United States? Personally I'd say FF for a  modern Republican (my definition of that being the Republican Party from 1980-Present). The Gulf War was handled well, as was the end of the Cold War and reunification of Germany, and I think his breaking the Tax Pledge was an act of political courage and an act of necessity (thanks Reagan...). So what are your thoughts?

The day the Berlin wall fell, the media asked Bush why he didn't seem happy or boisterous about the events that happened earlier that day. Bush responded that he was a very emotional person in his personal life, but as president he had a duty not to brag and antagonize the USSR or East Germany. He said later on that if he bragged and started chest thumping, Gorbachev or a few Soviet generals might send in the tanks out of spite. What a smart sober thing that was to do.

Stuff like that is what began to make me truly consider him as one of our greater presidents. (That is as much as I can as I was born a few years after his term ended).
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2017, 01:29:33 PM »

A truly despicable man who would not be out of place among the worst elements of today's GOP.

Nah, he'd welcome their support, but they'd reject him as being a RINO Globalist Cuck.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2017, 01:49:16 PM »

Stuff like that is what began to make me truly consider him as one of our greater presidents. (That is as much as I can as I was born a few years after his term ended).

This
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2017, 02:13:26 PM »

One of our greatest presidents and as another poster said, the last true statesman to hold the office.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 03:00:43 PM »

One of our greatest presidents and as another poster said, the last true statesman to hold the office.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies