Which Atlas cult is stranger?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:06:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which Atlas cult is stranger?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Which Atlas cult is stranger?
Mark Warner 2008

Kamala Harris 2020

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Which Atlas cult is stranger?  (Read 2970 times)
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 04:00:32 PM »

IDK about Mark Warner, but the Harris "cult" (if that definitely exists) is clearly overshadowed by the Flawless Beautiful Sherrod Brown cult.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 08:30:15 PM »

If anything there's a rather violent anti-Kamala Harris circlejerk (in favour of Gilibrand) in the 2020 subforum at the moment.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »

Don Siegelman needs a cult
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 08:36:04 PM »

"It's remarkable how much the posters on this forum like / dislike Candidate X who I personally don't like / do like.  It's like Candidate X can do no wrong / right in their eyes, so it comes across as cult-ish behavior to me.  I've never seen anything like it."
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2017, 09:17:51 PM »

"It's remarkable how much the posters on this forum like / dislike Candidate X who I personally don't like / do like.  It's like Candidate X can do no wrong / right in their eyes, so it comes across as cult-ish behavior to me.  I've never seen anything like it."

Unless the cult revolves around Sherrod Brown. Then it's completely normal and not cultish behavior at all, since Sherrod Brown (unlike Dirty Kamala and Stupid Warner) is PERFECT.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2017, 10:25:51 PM »

This forum has a bizarre hatred of Harris. Do people really still think elections are about "accomplishments"?

Not really but regardless, what makes her such a great candidate? Why is a former San Francisco DA and Senator from one of Hillary's best states our best bet to win back voters in key states Hillary lost?

She's a good speaker, and is a current Senator who is not terribly old.

That's not a particularly high bar. Kristen Gillibrand also fits both of those.

Well sure, but not many people do. Any Senator under the age of 65 is going to be mentioned by someone as a presidential contender.

And, like it or not, there is the belief that Democrats should run a black candidate in 2020.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 06:35:15 AM »

So some think the Democratic party should only have black Presidents from now on?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 08:41:46 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2017, 02:34:05 PM by Generally Useless »

Kamala Harris has done more for the justice of million Californians, the most racially diverse state in the country, then Bernie Sanders has done for his sh**tty rural white state. Yet it's the old mediocre white guy that is being shoved down the base throat, when Kamala is a inspiration to many WOC who feel the pain of living in Trump America. Explain to me how the low accomplished senator gets a fair shot at the presidency and not the hard-working GA.

As for winning over voters, I think the blue collar dotards are lost for good. Whatever sacrifice they've earned has been lost be embracing the toxicity of Donald Trump. The party ought to push double down on the key demographics that support Democrats, such as women of color, who are the highest turnout demographic of all ethnic groups in the country. Most young blue collar white women can be won over by Kamala platform, even with young blue collar men being just as reactionary as their Fox News watching papa. Moderates who are discomfort with the far-right and far-left can be inspired to cast a vote for the sensible California senator, who won't make you lose your sleep at night.  

I couldn't think of a better nominee who would inspired the base to come out to the polling stations.

You are literally a moron if you think that young blue collar men are all conservative "muh American" Republicans. Here in New England young white men vote mainly Democratic (Especially the Irish). As a matter of fact as you climb up the economic ladder, you will find that it is those sensible "moderate" upper middle-class whites who aren't very blue collar at all, that are responsible for the loss of your precious Maddam Secretary last November. I am well aware that this is one of the most liberal regions of the nation, however it wasn't too long ago that Democrats were able to win blue collar voters in Appalachian States as well as in the rust belt. You talk about doubling down on minority demographics which is all well and good, but what seems to be too much for your thick skull to comprehend is that there are not nearly enough minority votes out there by themselves to win elections. 2016 proved that. You also seem to forget that the economic issues that are plaguing those blue collar "dotards" also plague people of color. What is Kamala Harris going to do about healthcare or wealth inequality? Also, as someone who seems not to care about the lives of people who have hoped to serve the minimum time required, and instead pushes for longer sentences, how do you think people of color feel about that? People of color in America have long been fed the line about law and order, and from what I gather aren't all that convinced that said law and order is being applied evenly or fairly.

But please, be my guest. Continue to divide the "good people" and "those people" by class and race, just like the GOP, and see how far it gets you.

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »

So some think the Democratic party should only have black Presidents from now on?

No? Just that being black is a net positive in a presidential election.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies