Should Badger be sporting a Red avatar instead of Blue?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:42:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Should Badger be sporting a Red avatar instead of Blue?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes (sane)

No (batsh**t insane)

I don't use avatars (Grumps normal)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Should Badger be sporting a Red avatar instead of Blue?  (Read 1024 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2017, 11:21:41 AM »

Options 1 and 3......my friend the Badg needs to take care of this.  Now!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 11:38:22 AM »

Grumps, you don't get it. Badg is angry with me over Krazen, so he does not want the same color avatar as I have. Thus when I changed mine from blue to red, he felt constrained to change his from red to blue. I hope that helps.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 11:40:14 AM »

Grumps, you don't get it. Badg is angry with me over Krazen, so he does not want the same color avatar as I have. Thus when I changed mine from blue to red, he felt constrained to change his from red to blue. I hope that helps.

Maybe you should do something about kraken then.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 11:45:39 AM »

Hmmmmm. I don't remember that.  I thought he was always blue.  But I'm glad Krazen isn't banned so I'm cool with it.  Smiley
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 12:27:14 PM »

If Badger is a registered Republican in the state of Ohio, then why the hell shouldn't he have a R-OH avatar?  I find his constant trash talking of, well, pretty much literally all things Republican to be quite annoying lately (he at least used to be clearly a Republican who simply had more liberal views than the average Republican, now he's gone way further left), but he's still a Republican, and it would probably have a positive effect on politics in general if we had people like Badger SOLIDLY aligned with the GOP and people like Santender SOLIDLY aligned with the Democratic Party and not waffling ... ideological diversity within parties leads to a less nasty polarization.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 12:28:38 PM »

If Badger is a registered Republican in the state of Ohio, then why the hell shouldn't he have a R-OH avatar?  I find his constant trash talking of, well, pretty much literally all things Republican to be quite annoying lately (he at least used to be clearly a Republican who simply had more liberal views than the average Republican, now he's gone way further left), but he's still a Republican, and it would probably have a positive effect on politics in general if we had people like Badger SOLIDLY aligned with the GOP and people like Santender SOLIDLY aligned with the Democratic Party and not waffling ... ideological diversity within parties leads to a less nasty polarization.

Tom,  you realize this is a joke thread, right?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 12:39:44 PM »

Tom,  you realize this is a joke thread, right?

Insecurities tend to inhibit humor...
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 01:15:09 PM »

No, as I think it's a legit question, LOL.

Also, Santander, why do you always insinuate I'm insecure, exactly?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 02:24:07 PM »

Yes, not because it's more accurate or whatever, but because leaving that party would be a good thing for anyone to do.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 02:31:49 PM »

Badger was originally an Option 3 person. That ended fairly quickly when he was accused of being a sock of Ogis, a then notorious sockmaster who always used accounts with no avatar. I don't know of course if that was the reason why he adopted an avatar, but this topic made me recall that episode.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 02:43:40 PM »

Badger was originally an Option 3 person. That ended fairly quickly when he was accused of being a sock of Ogis, a then notorious sockmaster who always used accounts with no avatar. I don't know of course if that was the reason why he adopted an avatar, but this topic made me recall that episode.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Option%203 Huh
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 02:50:47 PM »

Weren't Badger and Mr. Moderate brought on as a Dem, GOP pair to moderate the US General Election board, and then years later Badger went Republican while Mr. Moderate went Dem?

Anyway, here's the old red-avatared Badger from 2012:

link
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 03:07:52 PM »

Anyway, here's the old red-avatared Badger from 2012:

link

That's creepy, Mr. Modem.
PoliticalShelter
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 03:22:56 PM »

Yes, you shouldn't identify with a party that you share absolutely zero beliefs with.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 03:56:55 PM »

Yes, makes no sense why he has a blue avatar.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 04:03:54 PM »

Yes, makes no sense why he has a blue avatar.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 04:24:38 PM »

Yes, you shouldn't identify with a party that you share absolutely zero beliefs with.

Good thing this doesn't describe Badger!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 04:32:43 PM »

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Option%203 Huh

I was referring to the third option in the poll as such because of the terms Grumps used in his OP. I've never heard of that slang, but I will try to make use of it now.
PoliticalShelter
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2017, 04:49:43 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2017, 04:51:28 PM by PoliticalShelter »

Name some then, I mean this is a guy who opposes right to work laws, supports a 15 dollar minimum wage and criticises austerity politics, so you can't argue the whole fiscally conservative and socially liberal shtick.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2017, 05:40:23 PM »

Name some then, I mean this is a guy who opposes right to work laws, supports a 15 dollar minimum wage and criticises austerity politics, so you can't argue the whole fiscally conservative and socially liberal shtick.

he also opposes deregulation , tax cuts , and believes that its fascist for corporations to stop employees from protesting on company time.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2017, 06:30:43 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2017, 06:35:02 PM by Malcolm X »

Name some then, I mean this is a guy who opposes right to work low wages laws, supports a remotely livable 15 dollar minimum wage and criticises austerity politics "let them eat cake" dystopian Randism, so you can't argue the whole fiscally conservative and socially liberal greedy hack who only votes Republican b/c all s/he cares about is reducing their personal tax rate shtick.

he also opposes deregulation corporate welfare, tax cuts wasteful deficit spending, and believes that its fascist for corporations to stop employees from protesting on company time supports the basic freedom of speech protections we are entitled to under the first amendment.

FTFY
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2017, 06:34:01 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2017, 06:38:45 PM by Old School Republican »

Name some then, I mean this is a guy who opposes right to work low wages laws, supports a remotely livable 15 dollar minimum wage and criticises austerity politics "let them eat cake" dystopian Randism, so you can't argue the whole fiscally conservative and socially liberal shtick.

he also opposes deregulation corporate welfare, tax cuts wasteful deficit spending, and believes that its fascist for corporations to stop employees from protesting on company time supports the basic freedom of speech protections we are entitled to under the first amendment.

FTFY

Deregulation and cutting taxes for businesses = More Jobs

And its also the company right to fire you for your actions during Work Hours

15 dollar min wage= Higher Prices and Less Jobs

Opposing Right To Work= Only benefits union leaders

Opposing cutting spending = More deficits

You cant be an economic liberal and be a Republican.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2017, 06:38:58 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2017, 06:43:22 PM by Malcolm X »

Name some then, I mean this is a guy who opposes right to work low wages laws, supports a remotely livable 15 dollar minimum wage and criticises austerity politics "let them eat cake" dystopian Randism, so you can't argue the whole fiscally conservative and socially liberal shtick.

FTFY

Deregulation and cutting taxes for small businesses = More Jobs

Deregulation and cutting taxes for small businesses = Wasteful deficit spending

And its also not the company right to fire you for taking a knee during the national anthem at a football game to protest police brutality and show support for freedom of speech

15 dollar min wage= Better quality of life and greater demand for goods and services

Opposing Right To Work= Benefits workers

Opposing cutting spending = More tax cuts for the wealthy

See, I can ignore what you're saying and mindlessly post buzzword-esque slogans using poor grammar too Smiley

Edit: Not sure how I missed this gem:

You cant be an economic liberal and be a Republican.

Ronald Reagan wasn't a Republican?  Huh.  The more you know Tongue
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2017, 06:41:37 PM »

FTFY

And its also not the company's right to fire you for taking a knee during the national anthem at a football game to protest police brutality and show support for freedom of speech

15 dollar min wage= Better quality of life and greater demand for goods and services

See, I can ignore what you're saying and mindlessly post buzzword-esque slogans too Smiley

Lets agree to this

If someone agrees with you more on these above issues they are a Democrat and not a Republican .
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2017, 06:44:48 PM »

FTFY

And its also not the company's right to fire you for taking a knee during the national anthem at a football game to protest police brutality and show support for freedom of speech

See, I can ignore what you're saying and mindlessly post buzzword-esque slogans too Smiley

Lets agree to this

If someone agrees with you more on these above issues they are a Democrat and not a Republican .

Let's agree on this: By your definition, Ronald Reagan was not a Republican since – as you so helpfully pointed out – you can't support economic liberalism while being a Republican.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies