NH-1: Shea-Porter (D) to retire
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:07:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-1: Shea-Porter (D) to retire
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: NH-1: Shea-Porter (D) to retire  (Read 6719 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2017, 10:13:17 PM »

These are the potential Democratic candidates according to www.politics1.com

Renny Cushing (D) - State Rep. & Progressive Activist
Mark MacKenzie (D) - State Rep., Ex-State AFL-CIO President & Retired Firefighter
Steve Marchand (D) - Ex-Portsmouth Mayor, Consultant, '16 Candidate & '08 US Sen. Candidate
Mindi Messmer (D) - State Rep. & Environmental Consultant
Terie Norelli (D) - Ex-State House Speaker & Ex-Teacher
Chris Pappas (D) - Executive Councilor & Restaurant Owner
Stefany Shaheen (D) - Ex-Portsmouth City Councilor, Businesswoman & Ex-Management Consultant
Lincoln Soldati (D) - Ex-Somersworth Mayor & Ex-Strafford County Attorney
Donna Soucy (D) - State Sen., Ex-State Rep., Ex-Manchester Alderman & Attorney
Maura Sullivan (D) - Ex-US Asst Secretary of Veterans Affairs & Iraq War Veteran

Marchand is running for Governor, so it'll be interesting to see if he sticks with that or jumps in to this race.

Not to beat a dead horse, but to everyone mention Ayotte earlier -- she indeed lives in Nashua which is not in this district.

And if the other district opened up she'd also be at a disadvantage, since most people in NH-02 probably assume Nashua is in the other district anyway.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2017, 10:20:47 PM »

These are the potential Democratic candidates according to www.politics1.com

Renny Cushing (D) - State Rep. & Progressive Activist
Mark MacKenzie (D) - State Rep., Ex-State AFL-CIO President & Retired Firefighter
Steve Marchand (D) - Ex-Portsmouth Mayor, Consultant, '16 Candidate & '08 US Sen. Candidate
Mindi Messmer (D) - State Rep. & Environmental Consultant
Terie Norelli (D) - Ex-State House Speaker & Ex-Teacher
Chris Pappas (D) - Executive Councilor & Restaurant Owner
Stefany Shaheen (D) - Ex-Portsmouth City Councilor, Businesswoman & Ex-Management Consultant
Lincoln Soldati (D) - Ex-Somersworth Mayor & Ex-Strafford County Attorney
Donna Soucy (D) - State Sen., Ex-State Rep., Ex-Manchester Alderman & Attorney
Maura Sullivan (D) - Ex-US Asst Secretary of Veterans Affairs & Iraq War Veteran

Marchand is running for Governor, so it'll be interesting to see if he sticks with that or jumps in to this race.

Not to beat a dead horse, but to everyone mention Ayotte earlier -- she indeed lives in Nashua which is not in this district.

And if the other district opened up she'd also be at a disadvantage, since most people in NH-02 probably assume Nashua is in the other district anyway.

It should be by the next redistricting. Southern NH is a distinct community of interest but its all chopped up right now
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2017, 07:33:51 AM »

I wondered why she's retiring.  In fact, she's run six (6) campaigns in a row, losing two (2) of them, and never entrenching herself.  That can get taxing, in money and in stress.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2017, 03:17:50 AM »

lol, good to see TNVolunteer is still going strong.

#ready4stefanyshaheen
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2017, 02:53:14 PM »

Mark MacKenzie is ideal but I doubt he runs because nothing ever seems to go my way.

MacKenzie would be great, but so would Cushing. Both NH4Bernie steering committee members, for the curious.

I'd probably lean Cushing, simply because he's spent a lot of time in NH Dem electoral politics and (at least to me) is a little more outwardly charismatic, but both he and MacKenzie would be very worthy successors to CSP.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2017, 03:27:08 PM »

I wondered why she's retiring.  In fact, she's run six (6) campaigns in a row, losing two (2) of them, and never entrenching herself.  That can get taxing, in money and in stress.

I don’t blame her. Imagine that’s what it is.

Mark MacKenzie is ideal but I doubt he runs because nothing ever seems to go my way.

MacKenzie would be great, but so would Cushing. Both NH4Bernie steering committee members, for the curious.

I'd probably lean Cushing, simply because he's spent a lot of time in NH Dem electoral politics and (at least to me) is a little more outwardly charismatic, but both he and MacKenzie would be very worthy successors to CSP.

A compromise: One runs for House, and the other runs for Governor so that NO LABELS cuck Marchand isn't the Dem. nominee.

If only Volinsky didn't decide to sit it out. Cry

Christ is unironic use of “cuck” outside of the Pepe brigade becoming mainstream now? Ugh.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2017, 03:59:02 PM »

A compromise: One runs for House, and the other runs for Governor so that NO LABELS cuck Marchand isn't the Dem. nominee.

Christ is unironic use of “cuck” outside of the Pepe brigade becoming mainstream now? Ugh.

Horseshoe theory in action Tongue
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2017, 05:26:48 PM »

Irrespective of your opinion on the word cuck, No Labels is a cancerous organization that shouldn't have a mainstream platform. I'm really ashamed that Marchand is considered part of the progressive wing of the NH Dems.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2017, 05:55:12 PM »

Irrespective of your opinion on the word cuck, No Labels is a cancerous organization that shouldn't have a mainstream platform. I'm really ashamed that Marchand is considered part of the progressive wing of the NH Dems.

Hell I’m way to your right (within the confines of the American center to center-left) and I’m unimpressed by Marchand and more so No Labels. Throwing around “cuck” like a 4chan poster is still a bad look.

(Yes, I realize I have a running joke of posting “lol what a cuck” every time Trump and his circus of an administration brazenly Break their absurd campaign promises. I hope everyone knows I’m being fascetious).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2017, 07:01:48 PM »

Couldn't agree more
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2017, 07:15:32 AM »

Marine Corps Veteran, Maura Sullivan (D), throws her hat into the ring for NH-1.

http://nh1.com/news/top-news/marine-corps-veteran-announces-run-for-nh-s-1st-congressional-district-seat
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2017, 04:21:53 PM »

She's hot but I'm sticking with Edwards
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2017, 04:33:54 PM »

Enthusiastically endorsed.