NH-1: Shea-Porter (D) to retire (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:11:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-1: Shea-Porter (D) to retire (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH-1: Shea-Porter (D) to retire  (Read 6752 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 06, 2017, 01:32:07 PM »

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 02:48:24 PM »

NNNOOOOOO! Ugh, my heart is pounding faster than my fingers are tying these words, and my blood is boiling just as fast. I'm almost crying, she was one of my favorite representatives. She was like, what, the only Democrat I like enough to put in my signature. Why, why, why!? This is like the worst day ever.
Yeah, I think this seat is more likely to be a D hold now that shes gone.

Shea-Porter always was too liberal for anywhere in the district outside of the Portsmouth area.
You can never be too liberal for this district.

Edit:
Regardless, I wish her a happy retirement. Thank you for your service, Ms. Shea-Porter.
This too.
Do you still think NH is Titanium D and Shea-Porter will be succeeded by another Democrat?

NH is Vibranium D. We just need an angry woman to run, 80 point landslide
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 03:27:08 PM »

I wondered why she's retiring.  In fact, she's run six (6) campaigns in a row, losing two (2) of them, and never entrenching herself.  That can get taxing, in money and in stress.

I don’t blame her. Imagine that’s what it is.

Mark MacKenzie is ideal but I doubt he runs because nothing ever seems to go my way.

MacKenzie would be great, but so would Cushing. Both NH4Bernie steering committee members, for the curious.

I'd probably lean Cushing, simply because he's spent a lot of time in NH Dem electoral politics and (at least to me) is a little more outwardly charismatic, but both he and MacKenzie would be very worthy successors to CSP.

A compromise: One runs for House, and the other runs for Governor so that NO LABELS cuck Marchand isn't the Dem. nominee.

If only Volinsky didn't decide to sit it out. Cry

Christ is unironic use of “cuck” outside of the Pepe brigade becoming mainstream now? Ugh.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 05:55:12 PM »

I wondered why she's retiring.  In fact, she's run six (6) campaigns in a row, losing two (2) of them, and never entrenching herself.  That can get taxing, in money and in stress.

I don’t blame her. Imagine that’s what it is.

Mark MacKenzie is ideal but I doubt he runs because nothing ever seems to go my way.

MacKenzie would be great, but so would Cushing. Both NH4Bernie steering committee members, for the curious.

I'd probably lean Cushing, simply because he's spent a lot of time in NH Dem electoral politics and (at least to me) is a little more outwardly charismatic, but both he and MacKenzie would be very worthy successors to CSP.

A compromise: One runs for House, and the other runs for Governor so that NO LABELS cuck Marchand isn't the Dem. nominee.

If only Volinsky didn't decide to sit it out. Cry

Christ is unironic use of “cuck” outside of the Pepe brigade becoming mainstream now? Ugh.

Horseshoe theory in action Tongue

Irrespective of your opinion on the word cuck, No Labels is a cancerous organization that shouldn't have a mainstream platform. I'm really ashamed that Marchand is considered part of the progressive wing of the NH Dems.

Hell I’m way to your right (within the confines of the American center to center-left) and I’m unimpressed by Marchand and more so No Labels. Throwing around “cuck” like a 4chan poster is still a bad look.

(Yes, I realize I have a running joke of posting “lol what a cuck” every time Trump and his circus of an administration brazenly Break their absurd campaign promises. I hope everyone knows I’m being fascetious).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies