NH-1: Shea-Porter (D) to retire (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:53:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-1: Shea-Porter (D) to retire (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH-1: Shea-Porter (D) to retire  (Read 6751 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 06, 2017, 12:04:41 PM »

Actually, this is probably good for Democrats tbh.  2018 will likely be a Democratic wave year and Shea-Porter is a pretty weak incumbent.  Pappas would likely hold this seat pretty easily, but even if he doesn't run, we'll likely hold it.  Shea-Porter did us a solid by waiting until a good Democratic cycle to retire, this seat could've definitely gone Republican in 2016.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 02:13:04 PM »

NH is pretty susceptible to political winds. If Republicans have a better year than expected, this seat could definitely flip. In a good year for Democrats, they probably hold it. Democrats can't rest easy here, though, since Guinta was scandal-plagued and still only lost by 1%.

Agreed. NH-1 was awfully close given Gunita's scandal, and Trump won here. This may be a tough hold for dems.

It was close because a really wealthy sore loser who lost the Democratic primary ran a third-party campaign to try to sink Shea-Porter and got like 9%.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 03:59:02 PM »

I wondered why she's retiring.  In fact, she's run six (6) campaigns in a row, losing two (2) of them, and never entrenching herself.  That can get taxing, in money and in stress.

I don’t blame her. Imagine that’s what it is.

Mark MacKenzie is ideal but I doubt he runs because nothing ever seems to go my way.

MacKenzie would be great, but so would Cushing. Both NH4Bernie steering committee members, for the curious.

I'd probably lean Cushing, simply because he's spent a lot of time in NH Dem electoral politics and (at least to me) is a little more outwardly charismatic, but both he and MacKenzie would be very worthy successors to CSP.

A compromise: One runs for House, and the other runs for Governor so that NO LABELS cuck Marchand isn't the Dem. nominee.

If only Volinsky didn't decide to sit it out. Cry

Christ is unironic use of “cuck” outside of the Pepe brigade becoming mainstream now? Ugh.

Horseshoe theory in action Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 07:01:48 PM »

I wondered why she's retiring.  In fact, she's run six (6) campaigns in a row, losing two (2) of them, and never entrenching herself.  That can get taxing, in money and in stress.

I don’t blame her. Imagine that’s what it is.

Mark MacKenzie is ideal but I doubt he runs because nothing ever seems to go my way.

MacKenzie would be great, but so would Cushing. Both NH4Bernie steering committee members, for the curious.

I'd probably lean Cushing, simply because he's spent a lot of time in NH Dem electoral politics and (at least to me) is a little more outwardly charismatic, but both he and MacKenzie would be very worthy successors to CSP.

A compromise: One runs for House, and the other runs for Governor so that NO LABELS cuck Marchand isn't the Dem. nominee.

If only Volinsky didn't decide to sit it out. Cry

Christ is unironic use of “cuck” outside of the Pepe brigade becoming mainstream now? Ugh.

Horseshoe theory in action Tongue

Irrespective of your opinion on the word cuck, No Labels is a cancerous organization that shouldn't have a mainstream platform. I'm really ashamed that Marchand is considered part of the progressive wing of the NH Dems.

Couldn't agree more
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies