BBC: Trump Rolls Back Access to Birth Control through the ACA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 12:43:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BBC: Trump Rolls Back Access to Birth Control through the ACA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: BBC: Trump Rolls Back Access to Birth Control through the ACA  (Read 1356 times)
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 09:12:26 PM »

No! My subsidized irresponsibility!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2017, 09:55:41 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2017, 09:58:23 PM by Old School Republican »

Why do religious conservatives think birth control is bad? Do they advocate for unwanted children being born out of wedlock by teenagers etc.?

I'm not saying it's bad ,I'm just saying insurance companies should have a right whether they want to cover it or not (as long as taking the pill is not vital to their health ).

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2017, 10:12:14 PM »

Why do religious conservatives think birth control is bad? Do they advocate for unwanted children being born out of wedlock by teenagers etc.?

I'm not saying it's bad ,I'm just saying insurance companies should have a right whether they want to cover it or not (as long as taking the pill is not vital to their health ).

Insurance companies try and dissuade doctors from running medically necessary tests for cost reasons, they don't have the heath of the patient in mind, just the bottom line. Why not leave it up to actual doctors to decide what is and is not necessary instead of worthless insurance bean counters?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2017, 11:22:05 PM »

I’m so irresponsible I went and got endometriosis.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2017, 11:34:14 PM »

I dont see the problem with this , all this is doing is giving insurance companies the right to decide if they want to cover BC or not  . If you want it covered , then choose an insurance company what will cover it.

Only thing insurance companies should be mandated  to cover are : expensive surgeries , medicine what is vital to someone's health , and emergencies .

Some women literally use birth control for that exact purpose.

marty and Old School Republican either just don't get it (ignorant), or they are intentionally ignoring this as fact.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2017, 11:41:00 PM »

Again, do you also think that Jehovah's Witness bosses should be able to strike blood transfusions from their employees' health plans? Should scientologist bosses be able to strike psychiatrist visits? Should Christian Science bosses be allowed to strike all doctor visits? Should our medical coverage really be subject to the religious quirks of our bosses?

And what about things that are considered "immoral" by many but not peculiar to a particular religious group? Should your boss be able to say that he won't cover HIV medication because HIV is generally transmitted "immorally?" Should he able to decline to cover STD treatments, hospital stays related to alcohol poisoning, drug rehabs, injuries sustained while working on the Sabbath, etc.?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2017, 01:30:33 AM »

Again, do you also think that Jehovah's Witness bosses should be able to strike blood transfusions from their employees' health plans? Should scientologist bosses be able to strike psychiatrist visits? Should Christian Science bosses be allowed to strike all doctor visits? Should our medical coverage really be subject to the religious quirks of our bosses?

And what about things that are considered "immoral" by many but not peculiar to a particular religious group? Should your boss be able to say that he won't cover HIV medication because HIV is generally transmitted "immorally?" Should he able to decline to cover STD treatments, hospital stays related to alcohol poisoning, drug rehabs, injuries sustained while working on the Sabbath, etc.?

Well since not treating HIV could result in that person's dying then the insurance company should be required to cover it .

BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2017, 02:49:03 AM »

This has nothing to do with "religious freedom" and everything to do with conservative opposition to women enjoying sex without consequences.
Pretty much, yes.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2017, 12:10:17 PM »

This. There's too much of a slippery slope here.

Why should employers be involved in their employees health care to this extent? Of course, if we had universal care separate from employees this wouldn't matter.

And the argument that this restricts an employers religious freedom.....please. No one is asking them to take the birth control. Also, it's 2017. Everyone calm the F down.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2017, 12:21:47 PM »

The only responsible path is the Clash path: Never, ever, ever f**k.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2017, 12:26:51 PM »

The only responsible path is the Clash path: Never, ever, ever f**k.

It's not like he and others of his ilk would have that issue arise in the first place - generally speaking.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2017, 12:46:17 PM »

This isn't a sincere argument, because you're not arguing for other "irresponsible" behaviors not to be covered by insurance.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies