BBC: Trump Rolls Back Access to Birth Control through the ACA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:17:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BBC: Trump Rolls Back Access to Birth Control through the ACA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BBC: Trump Rolls Back Access to Birth Control through the ACA  (Read 1327 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: October 06, 2017, 05:56:06 PM »
« edited: October 06, 2017, 05:59:49 PM by Old School Republican »

I dont see the problem with this , all this is doing is giving insurance companies the right to decide if they want to cover BC or not  . If you want it covered , then choose an insurance company what will cover it.

Only thing insurance companies should be mandated  to cover are : expensive surgeries , medicine what is vital to someone's health , and emergencies .

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 09:55:41 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2017, 09:58:23 PM by Old School Republican »

Why do religious conservatives think birth control is bad? Do they advocate for unwanted children being born out of wedlock by teenagers etc.?

I'm not saying it's bad ,I'm just saying insurance companies should have a right whether they want to cover it or not (as long as taking the pill is not vital to their health ).

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 01:30:33 AM »

Why do religious conservatives think birth control is bad? Do they advocate for unwanted children being born out of wedlock by teenagers etc.?

I'm not saying it's bad ,I'm just saying insurance companies should have a right whether they want to cover it or not (as long as taking the pill is not vital to their health ).

Again, do you also think that Jehovah's Witness bosses should be able to strike blood transfusions from their employees' health plans? Should scientologist bosses be able to strike psychiatrist visits? Should Christian Science bosses be allowed to strike all doctor visits? Should our medical coverage really be subject to the religious quirks of our bosses?

And what about things that are considered "immoral" by many but not peculiar to a particular religious group? Should your boss be able to say that he won't cover HIV medication because HIV is generally transmitted "immorally?" Should he able to decline to cover STD treatments, hospital stays related to alcohol poisoning, drug rehabs, injuries sustained while working on the Sabbath, etc.?

Well since not treating HIV could result in that person's dying then the insurance company should be required to cover it .

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies