Trump Likely to Win Re-Election, According to a Dem Strategist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:05:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Likely to Win Re-Election, According to a Dem Strategist
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12
Author Topic: Trump Likely to Win Re-Election, According to a Dem Strategist  (Read 17372 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2017, 08:33:48 AM »

Yes, how benevolent of you to just assume that any poster conveniently lives in the "most urban" part of a particular state. Also quite convenient!

Actually I just wanted you to admit this - you live in the whitest area of Georgia.

You're a part of "white flight," not me. You're the type of person I know that moves out of a neighborhood once it becomes over 40% Hispanic.

Why not just assume that I live in one of the most rural parts of a state instead? You know, surrounded by GOP types who would walk barefoot through their own feces if they didn't have a government telling them not to, with big fat starch-injected guts hanging down to their knees, tons of scrap metal piled up on their rotten front porches accumulated from all of their relatives who blew their brains out because their lives were just so pathetic because they never accomplished anything?

And LOL - my city is literally majority-Latino. You're really bad at this! I'm sure your goal was for me to admit I lived somewhere other than ATL. Roll Eyes

Do you care to elaborate upon how classism is acceptable, whereas racism and sexism is deplorable?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2017, 08:46:03 AM »

The fact that all Trump supporters can do is circle jerk about the morning of November 9th and how he pisses the left off and not any policies he has actually passed is a testament to his failure in office.

Basically the last 11 and a half months has been nothing but an exercise in belligerent nihilism. It will continue until there are concrete signs of the "pendulum swinging back" and definitely will continue as long as there is just a lot of anger against the belligerent nihilism and thus simply leading to more belligerent nihilism.
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #227 on: October 12, 2017, 10:27:58 AM »

Some posters are making the mistake of thinking that Trump and the GOP are invincible. The pendulum swings back.

You hit the nail on the head on why he really gets under my skin.

It's one thing to say that a good chunk of Democrats were arrogant, out-of-touch, and wildly optimistic about Clinton's chances.

It's another thing to go into a rah-rah mode claiming that Trump is governing with a mandate from the public, that the GOP have not made any serious mistakes (They couldn't agree on a f***ing healthcare deal), and that the GOP is DESTINED to win electoral and legislative landslides forever and ever while his cartoonish strawman liberals crumple. It's the equivalent of screaming into the crowd "HELL YEAH GUYS! OUR TEAM IS GONNA WIN THIS YEAR! HOO RAH!!! GO TEAM!!!!"

It is a perfect example of how American politics is a team sport, how politicians manipulate people like him into going this "My side is always good, and their side is always bad!". While the fools on the populist right get whipped up into a frenzy, their pockets get picked and America continues to stagnate.

Here comes Romney again! Defending Democrats even though everything they say about me they say about you.

No, it's not about "rah-rah!" It's about them being more wrong than an investor with Enron and Bernie Madoff.

It's the fact he said Clinton would win 340-198 on election day and now with no evidence says Trump virtually has no chance to win the election if he even makes it to 2020.

99% of political pundits should've been fired on November 9th for their terrible "predictions."
ahugecat

« Reply #228 on: October 12, 2017, 10:29:16 AM »

I recognised Clinton was historically unpopular months before the election. The election was a contest if two historically unpopular candidates and  whoever the news cycle focused on would see their poll numbers drop. Clinton was unlucky that she got the focus at the end. That's why it was close.

- "Historically unpopular months before the election"
- Predicted she'd win 340-198 on the day of the election

what the heck how did you do that
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #229 on: October 12, 2017, 02:26:57 PM »

I recognised Clinton was historically unpopular months before the election. The election was a contest if two historically unpopular candidates and  whoever the news cycle focused on would see their poll numbers drop. Clinton was unlucky that she got the focus at the end. That's why it was close.

- "Historically unpopular months before the election"
- Predicted she'd win 340-198 on the day of the election

what the heck how did you do that

I didn't waste my time making a new prediction for Atlas I just got a prediction from a few weeks ago. But honestly it's pathetic that you can only nitpick my predictions instead if actually defend Trump's record.
ahugecat

« Reply #230 on: October 12, 2017, 02:44:46 PM »

I didn't waste my time making a new prediction for Atlas I just got a prediction from a few weeks ago. But honestly it's pathetic that you can only nitpick my predictions instead if actually defend Trump's record.

You mean Trump's record of winning elections which is flawless?

Look at this picture: https://i.imgur.com/6Z9QQj3.jpg

This pretty much sums up Trump denialists.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #231 on: October 12, 2017, 02:49:11 PM »

No one is denying Trump beat the odds.
ahugecat

« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2017, 02:51:37 PM »

No one is denying Trump beat the odds.

People were saying he wouldn't win the nomination even when he was on top of polls for 6 months straight.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #233 on: October 12, 2017, 02:52:39 PM »

Trump did better than expected, but let's not forget he barely won against Hillary Clinton and lost the popular vote by millions of votes, and this was with the Comey letter and Wikileaks hacking the Clinton campaign. Yes, other factors played an important role too but he didn't run a brilliant campaign or win some Reaganesque landslide.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2017, 02:55:04 PM »

Sadly the imgur link isnt working
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2017, 02:56:52 PM »

The fact is Trump's record of governance is not flawless, the opposite. And voters want a President who will deliver the goods. To quote Donald Trump himself from the Art of the Deal, “You can’t con people, at least not for long.  If you don’t deliver the goods, people will eventually catch on.” He conned the voters in 2016, but in 2020 he will have to have delivered the goods. He hasn't delivered, and won't deliver, and that's why he's historically unpopular with a 38% approval rating and still falling.
ahugecat

« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2017, 02:56:58 PM »

Trump did better than expected, but let's not forget he barely won against Hillary Clinton and lost the popular vote by millions of votes, and this was with the Comey letter and Wikileaks hacking the Clinton campaign. Yes, other factors played an important role too but he didn't run a brilliant campaign or win some Reaganesque landslide.

The fact he won despite not running a brilliant campaign doesn't make you step back and ask questions?

Shouldn't the fact he only spent less than $5 a vote in 2016 not ring any alarm bells? What if he doubles his spending in 2020?

David beat Goliath, and you're nitpicking the fact David needed a sling to do it.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2017, 02:59:02 PM »

The fact he won despite not running a brilliant campaign doesn't make you step back and ask questions?

Shouldn't the fact he only spent less than $5 a vote in 2016 not ring any alarm bells? What if he doubles his spending in 2020?

David beat Goliath, and you're nitpicking the fact David needed a sling to do it.

"David beat Goliath" because outside forces broke one of Goliath's legs at the last minute.
ahugecat

« Reply #238 on: October 12, 2017, 03:00:25 PM »

Sadly the imgur link isnt working

Are you sure? I checked it in another browser and it's working fine.

Basically it's a list of "Trump doesn't have a chance" posts Nate Silver made, with the ending showing him on election night admitting Trump will win.

I can't find a non-imgur source, but it's similar to this: https://2static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Nate+silver+the+wrongest+man+in+history_f16f69_5909611.jpg
ahugecat

« Reply #239 on: October 12, 2017, 03:03:02 PM »

"David beat Goliath" because outside forces broke one of Goliath's legs at the last minute.

If that's the case then David was blinded, his legs cut off, and given a faulty weapon (in other words: the Access Hollywood tape).

Not to mention Goliath brought a ton more weapons and armor to the fight (campaign cash + super PACs).
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2017, 03:07:15 PM »

If that's the case then David was blinded, his legs cut off, and given a faulty weapon (in other words: the Access Hollywood tape).

Not to mention Goliath brought a ton more weapons and armor to the fight (campaign cash + super PACs).

David had time to recover, Goliath got crippled right before the fight. Trump had time to recover, Hillary got Comey'ed right before the election. Its not a fair comparison. Had Comey happend in September, then you'd have a point.
ahugecat

« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2017, 03:12:14 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2017, 03:18:46 PM by ahugecat »

David had time to recover, Goliath got crippled right before the fight. Trump had time to recover, Hillary got Comey'ed right before the election. Its not a fair comparison. Had Comey happend in September, then you'd have a point.

- A dozen plus women accuse him of sexual assault
- "Had time to recover"

Pick one.

Not to mention the Comey letter was 100% her fault anyway. She was told the e-mail server was going to be a problem but she thought she was so invincible it wouldn't matter.

Let's not rewrite history and act like Clinton was the underdog here lol.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2017, 03:19:40 PM »

- A dozen plus women accuse him of sexual assault
- "Had time to recover"

Pick one.

Not to mention the Comey letter was 100% her fault anyway. She was told the e-mail server was going to be a problem but she thought she was so invincible it wouldn't matter.

Let's no rewrite history and act like Clinton was the underdog here lol.

No one is saying she was. But you cant deny that without Comey, Hillary might very well be president right now.
ahugecat

« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2017, 03:28:01 PM »

No one is saying she was. But you cant deny that without Comey, Hillary might very well be president right now.

But if you take away Comey you have to take away the Access Hollywood tape to be fair. After that it's a toss-up.

Plus, outside factors happen all the time. You think Romney expected the 47% tape for example?

She had all the advantages in the world. REPUBLICANS were trying to help her win. She had a gajillion Super PACs. She spent over $1.2 billion. She had the "best ground game" and "data operation" of all time. Trump on the other hand had an annoyingly frugal campaign and kept shoving his foot in his mouth.

It's like having the 1992 Dream Team lose 4 games to 3 against Kentucky then complaining about a missed foul call. Should've never came down to that in the first place.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #244 on: October 12, 2017, 03:36:06 PM »

But if you take away Comey you have to take away the Access Hollywood tape to be fair. After that it's a toss-up.

Plus, outside factors happen all the time. You think Romney expected the 47% tape for example?

She had all the advantages in the world. REPUBLICANS were trying to help her win. She had a gajillion Super PACs. She spent over $1.2 billion. She had the "best ground game" and "data operation" of all time. Trump on the other hand had an annoyingly frugal campaign and kept shoving his foot in his mouth.

It's like having the 1992 Dream Team lose 4 games to 3 against Kentucky then complaining about a missed foul call. Should've never came down to that in the first place.

No you dont. Your being intellectually dishonest if you dont think timing was a factor. Im just gonna put you on ignore cause this is dumb.
ahugecat

« Reply #245 on: October 12, 2017, 03:41:02 PM »

No you dont. Your being intellectually dishonest if you dont think timing was a factor. Im just gonna put you on ignore cause this is dumb.

So you want to take away Clinton's October surprise but not Trump's? That's not fair at all, and you always forget the fake sexual assault accusers that came out during the entire month of October.

Comey's letter would've never happened too if Clinton wasn't so arrogant. And if that is truly what made her lost then she sucks as a candidate. Obama wouldn't have lost if something like that happened to him in 2012.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #246 on: October 12, 2017, 03:54:15 PM »

So you want to take away Clinton's October surprise but not Trump's? That's not fair at all, and you always forget the fake sexual assault accusers that came out during the entire month of October.

Comey's letter would've never happened too if Clinton wasn't so arrogant. And if that is truly what made her lost then she sucks as a candidate. Obama wouldn't have lost if something like that happened to him in 2012.

To be fair, removing both october surprises puts us in the position we were in after the 1st debate, where HRC was winning by a decent amount due to the debate win. There would be some reversion to the mean, but without Comey AND without Access Hollywood she still wins the election.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #247 on: October 12, 2017, 03:55:48 PM »

the fake sexual assault accusers that came out during the entire month of October.
You were in the room with them and Trump?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #248 on: October 12, 2017, 03:59:32 PM »

Do you care to elaborate upon how classism is acceptable, whereas racism and sexism is deplorable?

I'll tell you the same thing as somebody else who thought they'd litter my inbox with complaints over being offended:

I couldn't honestly care less if you're offended. I was born 30 years ago in a single-wide running on well water, grew up in one of the most blue-collar areas of the country and to this day at best can be described as working class. I'll speak about my own people however the hell I want and without fear of being lectured morally by others - including anybody else who might come from the same circumstances.

However, the social commentary there wasn't two-dimensional. I was throwing a (much more graphic and exaggerated) stereotype back in the dude's face to illustrate that his assumptive stereotype (that I may or may not be black, that I must live in ATL because I'm a Democrat, that "ATL is 'disgusting'" etc) was fucking ridiculous and offensive in and of itself. I don't believe in proportional response - especially for shitheads who like to speak in social code and dogwhistles.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #249 on: October 12, 2017, 04:00:37 PM »

Comey's letter wouldn't have happened if Comey had followed standard DOJ procedure and treated it like he treated the FBI investigation of Trump-Russia, in not publicly commenting on it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies