Trump Likely to Win Re-Election, According to a Dem Strategist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:09:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Likely to Win Re-Election, According to a Dem Strategist
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12
Author Topic: Trump Likely to Win Re-Election, According to a Dem Strategist  (Read 17327 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: October 12, 2017, 04:01:53 PM »

Nate Silver gave Clinton only a 71% chance of winning, which given she had a 4-point lead in national polls on Election Day was seen as too pro-Trump by many people. However he was prophetic in realizing there was the 1/3 chance that Trump won and also getting that Trump would lose the popular vote.
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #251 on: October 12, 2017, 04:02:27 PM »

Comey's letter wouldn't have happened if Comey had followed standard DOJ procedure and treated it like he treated the FBI investigation of Trump-Russia, in not publicly commenting on it.

The "Trump-Russia" BS was never commented on because Trump wasn't supposed to win.
ahugecat

« Reply #252 on: October 12, 2017, 04:04:51 PM »

No you dont. Your being intellectually dishonest if you dont think timing was a factor. Im just gonna put you on ignore cause this is dumb.

So you want to take away Clinton's October surprise but not Trump's? That's not fair at all, and you always forget the fake sexual assault accusers that came out during the entire month of October.

Comey's letter would've never happened too if Clinton wasn't so arrogant. And if that is truly what made her lost then she sucks as a candidate. Obama wouldn't have lost if something like that happened to him in 2012.

To be fair, removing both october surprises puts us in the position we were in after the 1st debate, where HRC was winning by a decent amount due to the debate win. There would be some reversion to the mean, but without Comey AND without Access Hollywood she still wins the election.

Trump would have came back after the debates no matter what.

History is being re-written in real time to make it look like Hillary was the underdog lololol.

- On the day of the election, Hillary Clinton was going to win 340-198
- Now it's she was a "historically unpopular candidate"

Can anyone connect point A to point B for me plz?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #253 on: October 12, 2017, 04:05:29 PM »

Comey's letter wouldn't have happened if Comey had followed standard DOJ procedure and treated it like he treated the FBI investigation of Trump-Russia, in not publicly commenting on it.

The "Trump-Russia" BS was never commented on because Trump wasn't supposed to win.

First of all it's much more serious that the Trump campaign may have colluded with Russia than a nothing-burger of emails with no new info. And that's no way to judge it, Comey should have applied the same standard to both candidates rather than thinking "Clinton's sure to win, so I can break DOJ procedure and publicly undermine her days before the election."
ahugecat

« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2017, 04:06:06 PM »

the fake sexual assault accusers that came out during the entire month of October.
You were in the room with them and Trump?

They came out a month before the election and disappeared right after.

Also I am surprised it's not mentioned more that the Democrats tried to use sexual assault as a political weapon.
ahugecat

« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2017, 04:08:02 PM »

First of all it's much more serious that the Trump campaign may have colluded with Russia than a nothing-burger of emails with no new info. And that's no way to judge it, Comey should have applied the same standard to both candidates rather than thinking "Clinton's sure to win, so I can break DOJ procedure and publicly undermine her days before the election."

If Trump would have lost as expected then the "Trump-Russia" BS would've been dropped.

The Democrats tested 2 things - Trump-Russia and Trump-sexual assault and saw that no one cared about Trump and Russia so they went with the sexual assault/Access Hollywood tape route. Why did no one care about Russia? Funnily enough, for the same reason Obama said in 2012 - the Cold War has been over for 25 years.

Trump was NOT being investigated for Russian ties, that's why it was never mentioned. It was only until he won that this BS started.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #256 on: October 12, 2017, 04:10:02 PM »

I thought Trump would be more unpopular, and to be fair even in the prediction made in October before Comey I only got the PV margin wrong by 3%, a similar error to the one you made yourself.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #257 on: October 12, 2017, 04:12:00 PM »

On Election Day I thought 278 EV for Clinton was more likely though I held out hope that America would see through Trump.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #258 on: October 12, 2017, 04:12:07 PM »

If Trump would have lost as expected then the "Trump-Russia" BS would've been dropped.

The Democrats tested 2 things - Trump-Russia and Trump-sexual assault and saw that no one cared about Trump and Russia so they went with the sexual assault/Access Hollywood tape route. Why did no one care about Russia? Funnily enough, for the same reason Obama said in 2012 - the Cold War has been over for 25 years.

Trump was NOT being investigated for Russian ties, that's why it was never mentioned. It was only until he won that this BS started.

The funniest thing about wailing about James Comey is that Comey was nominated to his former position by a Democrat president and confirmed by a Democrat senate.

Of course, the term October surprise has a lengthy history dating back to the 1980 elections or even before. Smart and successful campaigns know about that and prepare for it. Then again, the loser of the 2016 election was too stupid and too lazy to campaign in the right states, so the proof is in the pudding.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #259 on: October 12, 2017, 04:13:04 PM »

Comey was a lifelong Republican and a Bush appointee and the FBI was 'Trumpland'.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #260 on: October 12, 2017, 04:14:22 PM »

It's wrong and stupid to dismiss the seriousness of foreign interference in a US election just because of petty partisanship.
JonHawk
JHawk
Rookie

« Reply #261 on: October 12, 2017, 04:14:33 PM »

I'm not reading through 12 pages but the Democrats need to stop underestimating Trump.... actually if they do he will breeze through 2020 (electoral wise) just like in 2016
ahugecat

« Reply #262 on: October 12, 2017, 04:15:25 PM »

I thought Trump would be more unpopular, and to be fair even in the prediction made in October before Comey I only got the PV margin wrong by 3%, a similar error to the one you made yourself.

On election day you said Clinton was going to win 340-198. Listen I know it soiunds like I am singling you out but I am just confused on how she was historically unpopular and this awful candidate and Trump was always expected to win yet 90% of people picked Clinton on election day.

I've been seeing a TON of "I always knew Trump was going to win" after the election.
ahugecat

« Reply #263 on: October 12, 2017, 04:16:40 PM »

It's wrong and stupid to dismiss the seriousness of foreign interference in a US election just because of petty partisanship.

In 2012 the Democrats said Romney wasn't qualified to be President because of his anti-Russian comments.

Now you're telling me Russia is the new Soviet Union.

For one thing, countries get involved in our government/politics all the time. Second of all, Russia barely cares about Trump, and Trump barely cares about Russia.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #264 on: October 12, 2017, 04:17:39 PM »

Now you're saying that it's OK for foreign countries to interfere in US elections?!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #265 on: October 12, 2017, 04:19:07 PM »

If Hillary Clinton had colluded with Russia to hack the RNC and Trump campaign and this enabled her to win the election despite losing the popular vote by 2%, and then she obstructed justice by firing the FBI Director who was investigating said collusion. In that scenario Republicans would have already impeached her and be crying out for blood.
ahugecat

« Reply #266 on: October 12, 2017, 04:20:36 PM »

If Hillary Clinton had colluded with Russia to hack the RNC and Trump campaign and this enabled her to win the election despite losing the popular vote by 2%, and then she obstructed justice by firing the FBI Director who was investigating said collusion. In that scenario Republicans would have already impeached her and be crying out for blood.

The FBI hasn't even investigated the servers. The DNC wouldn't let them.

Not to mention if you look at the timeline, the "Russian hacking" story makes no sense.

And anti-Trump protesters were always waving the Mexican flag, and the DNC had a Mexican national speak at their convention. See what I am saying now?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #267 on: October 12, 2017, 04:21:04 PM »

It's insane that I've raised so many good points and you haven't bothered to challenge a single one. Thanks for admitting that I am correct!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #268 on: October 12, 2017, 04:21:44 PM »

Roger Stone, a close friend of Trump and noted 'ratf***er' knew the Russians were coming for Podesta months in advance.
ahugecat

« Reply #269 on: October 12, 2017, 04:22:05 PM »

The "Russian collusion" story has officially jumped the shark.

Now they're saying they used "Pokemon Go" as a way to influence the election lmao!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/12/media/dont-shoot-us-russia-pokemon-go/index.html
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #270 on: October 12, 2017, 04:22:26 PM »

Why, if Trump is innocent, does he act like he is guilty rather than let the process run its course?
ahugecat

« Reply #271 on: October 12, 2017, 04:22:44 PM »

Roger Stone, a close friend of Trump and noted 'ratf***er' knew the Russians were coming for Podesta months in advance.

Nope. That's a myth. That's an Adam Schiff lie - Stone never said that.

See? You drink the Kool-Aid phenomenally well.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #272 on: October 12, 2017, 04:24:30 PM »

Why would the Russians go to such lengths to influence the election if they didn't want Trump to win? They interfered to help Trump, that's the CIA's verdict, not mine, as he was their preferred candidate.
ahugecat

« Reply #273 on: October 12, 2017, 04:25:48 PM »

Why, if Trump is innocent, does he act like he is guilty rather than let the process run its course?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

- The Democrats - https://twitter.com/thedemocrats/status/260497619862835201

- Barack Obama at the 2012 DNC - http://www.npr.org/2012/09/06/160713941/transcript-president-obamas-convention-speech

-  Barack Obama during 2012 Presidential debate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS2a44F5TgM)

The DNC even made a poster mocking Romney about watching Rocky IV to get his foreign policy: https://theintercept.com/wp-uploads/sites/1/2016/09/romneykerry.jpg

- John Kerry at the 2012 DNC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgUyqLrgO7Q

- Then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Romney's views on Russia http://www.redstate.com/erick/2014/03/04/hillary-clinton-mocked-romney-on-russia-then-goes-to-hitler-comparisons/

-  Then VP Joe Biden http://www.politico.com/story/2012/04/biden-assails-mocks-romney-on-foreign-policy-075653
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #274 on: October 12, 2017, 04:26:01 PM »

Look at what Stone actually said.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies