L7.5.1: Mandatory Vaccination Act 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:50:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  L7.5.1: Mandatory Vaccination Act 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: L7.5.1: Mandatory Vaccination Act 2017  (Read 1524 times)
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« on: October 08, 2017, 08:14:43 PM »

Several things:
1) A better definition of 'medical vaccination' should be used to ensure that people aren't getting certain vaccinations and not others.

2) What does 'within a 90-day period' mean? Within a 90-day period of the bill's passage? Since 'any child' is defined as a person under the age of 18, this implies that all children (even those who are already vaccinated) would be required to be vaccinated within the 90-day period.

3) What is the 'predetermined amount of money'?

4) The bill implies that vaccinations are required, but then says that schools may decide if they require students to be vaccinated. If vaccinations are required anyway, why is the school bit even in the bill? And what exactly is the definition of a 'community-based area?'
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 07:38:21 PM »

Several things:
1) A better definition of 'medical vaccination' should be used to ensure that people aren't getting certain vaccinations and not others.

2) What does 'within a 90-day period' mean? Within a 90-day period of the bill's passage? Since 'any child' is defined as a person under the age of 18, this implies that all children (even those who are already vaccinated) would be required to be vaccinated within the 90-day period.

3) What is the 'predetermined amount of money'?

4) The bill implies that vaccinations are required, but then says that schools may decide if they require students to be vaccinated. If vaccinations are required anyway, why is the school bit even in the bill? And what exactly is the definition of a 'community-based area?'

Response:
1. I mean, I think "medical vaccinations" is self explanatory.
2. It means 'get the vaccination' within a determined 90-day period, I'm gonna say from June 1st to August 1st.
3. I wanted "Predetermined amount of money" to be debated.
4. This is refering to articles 2 and 3.

1+2. The reason why this needs to be defined is that some 'medical vaccinations' are typically given at certain ages and within certain age ranges. For instance, the CDC recommends that the meningococcal conjugate vaccine be given to children between 11 and 12 years of age, with a booster at age 16. Requiring 'medical vaccinations' (whatever that is defined as) to be given all at once within a 90-day period is a bit strange. I think the 90-day requirement should be removed and replaced with 'as recommended by healthcare professionals' (which was in the original bill) or 'as recommended by the CDC', or something of that nature.

3. Obviously your fellow assemblymen didn't read the bill very closely, because they were about to take this to a vote.

4. I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies