WV-Zogby: Manchin +7 against Morrisey, +13 against Jenkins, +14 against Mooney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:56:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  WV-Zogby: Manchin +7 against Morrisey, +13 against Jenkins, +14 against Mooney
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WV-Zogby: Manchin +7 against Morrisey, +13 against Jenkins, +14 against Mooney  (Read 2713 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »

Manchin is a lock for re-election. He is one of the last "good ol' boy" moderate Dems along with Jon Tester. In a decade or so, the Dems will be filled with SJWs and lack any true relatable moderates or conservadems and states like WV will only elect Dems that are moderate or conservadems.

A Zogby poll is how you came to this conclusion? Even legit high quality polls in 2013 and mid 2014 showed Pryor and Landrieu with bigger leads than this poll shows for Manchin.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=192295.0

It honestly seems like your cheering for the repeal of Ocare, and for the GOP, elitist sock.

Not at all. If Manchin had even a 1% chance of winning re-election I'd support him, but he doesn't. If I lived in WV (I just puked in my mouth a bit at the thought) I'd vote for him in the general. But he's going to lose regardless, so we might as well nominate Paula Jean. Then everyone will accept the race is safe R and not burn millions in a bonfire trying to save Manchin when the writing is already on the wall. McCaskill, Donnelly, Tester, Heitkamp, Rosen, Sinema, etc. etc. could all put the money to far better use.

Smh, you think McCaskill and Donnelly have much better odds than Manchin?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 08:59:56 PM »

Manchin is a lock for re-election. He is one of the last "good ol' boy" moderate Dems along with Jon Tester. In a decade or so, the Dems will be filled with SJWs and lack any true relatable moderates or conservadems and states like WV will only elect Dems that are moderate or conservadems.

A Zogby poll is how you came to this conclusion? Even legit high quality polls in 2013 and mid 2014 showed Pryor and Landrieu with bigger leads than this poll shows for Manchin.

It honestly seems like your cheering for the repeal of Ocare, and for the GOP, elitist sock.

Not at all. If Manchin had even a 1% chance of winning re-election I'd support him, but he doesn't. If I lived in WV (I just puked in my mouth a bit at the thought) I'd vote for him in the general. But he's going to lose regardless, so we might as well nominate Paula Jean. Then everyone will accept the race is safe R and not burn millions in a bonfire trying to save Manchin when the writing is already on the wall. McCaskill, Donnelly, Tester, Heitkamp, Rosen, Sinema, etc. etc. could all put the money to far better use.

Yes, by far. Not that it's hard to have better odds than 0%.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 10:08:54 PM »

Yes, by far. Not that it's hard to have better odds than 0%.

I see...
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 10:24:13 PM »

Everyone knows that a 7 point lead in a Zogby poll over a year before the election means that they're safe, duh.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 10:29:41 PM »

The environment is right for Manchin to win re-election. He won the seat in a poor environment for Democrats (granted he was helped by Republicans sending out a casting call for hicks), so it's not exactly wise to count him out.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 12:53:10 AM »

The environment is right for Manchin to win re-election. He won the seat in a poor environment for Democrats (granted he was helped by Republicans sending out a casting call for hicks), so it's not exactly wise to count him out.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 01:43:14 AM »

Zogby's still a thing?

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies