C'mon lets say one nice thing about Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  C'mon lets say one nice thing about Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: C'mon lets say one nice thing about Donald Trump  (Read 937 times)
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2017, 08:13:11 PM »

I'm terrified he'll bring us into nuclear war, and I abhor his policies, but even if I don't like someone I try to come up with at least one nice thing about them.  It's a very middle-of-the-road, small town Pennsylvania thing to do.  You try to come up with a positive side.  Too much hating is bad for the heart.

I like how in one of the Republican debates, he stood up for New York values and spoke about how the city came together after the terrorist attacks.  I think that was his finest moment in politics.  The tasteless smear from Ted Cruz was so beneath decency (and evoked anti-Semitism) and it needed to be immediately shot down and Trump did that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgzChuYprSo

I also think the First Lady is genuinely a nice person.  She didn't ask to be where she is and you can tell she's not a political person.  So I think she at least provides a kind of warmth to this administration.

And I really like Barron Trump's style:

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 08:16:53 PM »

If he didn't start a war, and instead recognized the reality with North Korea, which is that they became a nuclear power before he got into office, and negotiated a peace treaty with them, then he'd be the greatest president in modern history. I would vote for him, campaign for him, and speak favorably of him for the rest of my life. If he really wants to be liked, and wants to be a success, the good news for him is that it's easy: be a reasonable person. Be bipartisan. Drop the talk of war.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 08:17:52 PM »

No.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 08:20:22 PM »

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 08:24:14 PM »

He has a healthy appetite.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 08:25:08 PM »

He's......... well fed.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 08:26:08 PM »

His kids... are not in prison?

Also his rebuttal to Ted Cruz's "New York Values" comment was pretty decent.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 08:31:28 PM »

He got rid of the TPP ..
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 08:41:55 PM »

He demolished Ted Cruz on stage. And his interactions with Rubio are hilarious. There's something innately funny about the way he made the entire GOP his plaything
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 09:04:39 PM »

His TV show was entertaining
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 09:08:27 PM »

---------

Assuming we actually complete the withdrawal process, I'm glad we're leaving the Paris Climate Accord.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 09:12:35 PM »

He's an exceptional dancer:

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 09:13:22 PM »

That's only because they were born to a rich family.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Seconded.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 09:28:21 PM »

There are some people you just can't say anything nice about and Trump is one of them.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 09:28:35 PM »

Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 09:33:37 PM »

He's an entertaining President (it's hard for me to stay mad at him) and he's less ideologically rigid than any other President since perhaps Nixon.
Probably this. I'm glad he's not a Republican who's going "we must be conservative, conservative, and only conservative!"
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 09:35:57 PM »

He's an entertaining President (it's hard for me to stay mad at him) and he's less ideologically rigid than any other President since perhaps Nixon.
Probably this. I'm glad he's not a Republican who's going "we must be conservative, conservative, and only conservative!"

The ironic thing is, Republicans are allowed to move to the center, but if Democrats do it suddenly it's #Demexit. It's a double standard that further hampers the Democrats.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 09:37:18 PM »

The ironic thing is, Republicans are allowed to move to the center, but if Democrats do it suddenly it's #Demexit. It's a double standard that further hampers the Democrats.
We can thank the incoming ideological purism for that. The "Sanderization" of our party is really a recipe for costing us majorities in the House and Senate for years to come.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 09:40:14 PM »

He's stopping The Turtle and Cheeseheaded Droid from passing even worse legislation.

Oh? I don't recall Olympia Snowe, Murkowski, etc. going around The Turtle to vote for Obamacare.

And I recall Lieberman, Nelson, etc. being kowtowed to.

Try again.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 09:41:16 PM »

We can thank the incoming ideological purism for that. The "Sanderization" of our party is really a recipe for costing us majorities in the House and Senate for years to come.

Tell me about it. The far left isn't satisfied until the far right is in control... and neither is the far right. Hey, bipartisanship.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 09:41:55 PM »

He's being very kind to the other bad Presidents by making them look better by comparison.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 09:43:10 PM »

His defense of New York City values was, as mentioned, amazing. When you attack the values of a city or state, you attack the people there. That should be completely unacceptable in politics.

Furthermore, his appointments of Tillerson, Mattis, Shao, Shulkin, and Bridenstine are very, very good.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2017, 09:44:40 PM »

Bs he is "centrist" on some economic issues but socially he is most rabid RW reactionary in modern politics. Which fwi is why he is allowed to move to the "center" on the economy because he is the first to admit the "base" cares more about culture warrior issues then trickle down economics
Cashew
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 09:48:44 PM »

That's only because they were born to a rich family.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Seconded.

Thirded

He only got away with that because he substituted policy for diatribes, drowning out voices that pointed out he was not movement conservative. It worked so well that the media is now stuck with him as a far right caricature, which he can then point to and tell his supporters "well they hate me, isn't that good enough?"
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2017, 09:56:49 PM »

Bs he is "centrist" on some economic issues but socially he is most rabid RW reactionary in modern politics. Which fwi is why he is allowed to move to the "center" on the economy because he is the first to admit the "base" cares more about culture warrior issues then trickle down economics
Interesting. Are you talking about his "far right" positions on gay marriage, guns, or abortion?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies