Clinton vs Bernie Democratic Primary Rematch?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:54:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Clinton vs Bernie Democratic Primary Rematch?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clinton vs Bernie Democratic Primary Rematch?  (Read 1346 times)
LetsTalkElections

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2017, 10:58:17 PM »

Personally, I'd think Hillary Clinton would win.

Thoughts?
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 11:14:09 PM »

Bernie has a much higher approval rating than Hillary right now, so as long as Bernie doesn't become tainted by scandal, Hillary wouldn't stand a chance against him.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 12:20:33 AM »

Bernie would win it Clinton is very unpopular and Democratic voters won't forgive her for losing to Donald Trump. Even I, someone who likes her, would probably support Bernie as he'd be more electable.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 12:29:51 AM »

Sanders wins. He has the highest approval rating in the country, plus, not many will forgive Hillary for losing to Trump.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 07:55:10 AM »

Sanders wins. He has the highest approval rating in the country, plus, not many will forgive Hillary for losing to Trump.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 08:25:57 AM »

If Clinton runs in defensive mode like she did in 2016, she probably loses. However, I would like to think that if she were to run again (she's not), it would be a hail mary style run where she wouldn't handle Bernie with kiddie gloves like last time around. I would like to see ballsy Hillary run. We all know that she exists, that infact that is her image amongst politicians. Stop playing nice and start playing hardball Hillary. Should have done that in 2016.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 10:53:36 AM »

If Clinton runs in defensive mode like she did in 2016, she probably loses. However, I would like to think that if she were to run again (she's not), it would be a hail mary style run where she wouldn't handle Bernie with kiddie gloves like last time around. I would like to see ballsy Hillary run. We all know that she exists, that infact that is her image amongst politicians. Stop playing nice and start playing hardball Hillary. Should have done that in 2016.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 11:28:27 AM »

Bernie defeats Hillary easily in a head to head rematch. With Clinton only winning the DC swampburbs, the Black Belt, Bill's home state of Arkansas, and the NYC area.

Bernie: 58.8% PV--Hillary: 41.2% PV
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 02:58:47 PM »

This is her only chance to make the primary competitive. She'll still lose, but far from landslide territory.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 03:09:37 PM »

Bernie defeats Hillary easily in a head to head rematch. With Clinton only winning the DC swampburbs, the Black Belt, Bill's home state of Arkansas, and the NYC area.

Bernie: 58.8% PV--Hillary: 41.2% PV

NH should be deep green too.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 07:09:20 PM »

reported for concern trolling, please do not feed
James Monroe

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 07:26:26 PM »

You guys are delusional, because Hillary would wiped the floor if she and Bernie decided to run against each other in 2020. Never forget who is responsible for Donald Trump.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 08:10:40 PM »

You guys are delusional, because Hillary would wiped the floor if she and Bernie decided to run against each other in 2020. Never forget who is responsible for Donald Trump.

We haven't, which is why we'd reject the "lose with her" candidate.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 08:43:41 PM »

Sanders would win easily. While Clinton would keep some of her support, a good number of her supporters would at least want to give a chance to the candidate who didn't lose to Trump. I can't imagine a significant number of Sanders supporters switching sides.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 08:47:48 PM »

Let's be real here, Sanders would probably win. What '16 boiled down to for many Democrat was that Hillary had earned a nomination in '08 and didn't get one, so the party "owed" her, especially after she dropped out, endorsed Obama, then served under him drama-free. To do otherwise than give her the nomination would be effectively to rob the potential first female presidential nominee after she'd earned more primary votes than many real nominees. In a rematch, none of that would apply, as Clinton got her nomination when the party closed ranks behind her to fend of Sanders, and thus cashed in her chips. The house doesn't owe her anything more. And her merits as a candidate at this point aren't as good as Sanders'.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 09:08:04 PM »

GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 09:44:37 PM »

i doubt this scenario could happen considering the likely size of the field, but:

Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 09:47:21 PM »

We already debunked this, and I'm pretty sure Hillary would go harsher on him in a rematch.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 09:55:28 PM »

So what she did in 2008 to Obama and lost?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 06:58:13 AM »

Let's be real here, Sanders would probably win. What '16 boiled down to for many Democrat was that Hillary had earned a nomination in '08 and didn't get one, so the party "owed" her, especially after she dropped out, endorsed Obama, then served under him drama-free. To do otherwise than give her the nomination would be effectively to rob the potential first female presidential nominee after she'd earned more primary votes than many real nominees. In a rematch, none of that would apply, as Clinton got her nomination when the party closed ranks behind her to fend of Sanders, and thus cashed in her chips. The house doesn't owe her anything more. And her merits as a candidate at this point aren't as good as Sanders'.
Right, because people vote based on who is owed the nomination. Really, dude?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 07:00:32 AM »

So what she did in 2008 to Obama and lost?
1) Sanders is no Obama

2) Entirely different match-up. Barely any political differences between Obama and Hillary.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 07:42:43 AM »

I'd say the one who supported and promoted his candidacy in the primary is responsible for him.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 12:43:27 PM »

Sanders wins. It's still close just because of some skepticism towards going all out to the left. But thanks to all of New England and a much much closer New York, and Kentucky, North Carolina, Missouri, Iowa, and Nevada flipping ...the contest makes it to California.

Sanders wins "Jefferson" by even greater numbers, but also picks off a few Central Valley counties such as San Joaquin or Stanislaus, and finally, every Bay Area county except for San Mateo and Santa Clara flip to Sanders out of sheer anger that Hillary let in Trump.

He also does substantially better in SoCal, though Hillary still wins that by a lot.

The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 10:12:14 PM »

Sanders flips CA, NV, NM, IL, MO, IA, SD, KY, MA, and CT, and narrowly wins the nomination.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 07:33:07 AM »

Honestly, Sanders loses worse.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies