Who will replace Theresa May as Conservative leader? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:15:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Who will replace Theresa May as Conservative leader? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Boris Johnson

David Davis

Amber Rudd

Philip Hammond

Ruth Davidson

Jacob Rees-Mogg

Damian Green

Priti Patel

Liam Fox (joke option)

Michael Gove (see above)

Other vaguely prominent Tory

Somebody literally nobody has ever heard of

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Who will replace Theresa May as Conservative leader?  (Read 5524 times)
PoliticalShelter
« on: October 08, 2017, 08:21:49 AM »

My money's is that it will be either Patel or someone like Dominic Raab. I don't see how Rudd will be able to win the membership vote.
PoliticalShelter
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 02:50:11 PM »

Johnson or Patel.

I like Patel. She'd be the next Thatcher, and someone who can clearly communicate conservative principles in a ruthless, but honest way.

Johnson is seen as too much of a political animal.

Not sure the UK is ready for a non-white PM.
I'm pretty sure that if America can elect a non-white president from the left-leaning party, Britain can accept a non-white PM from the right-leaning party.
PoliticalShelter
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 07:37:01 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2017, 07:38:53 AM by PoliticalShelter »

Johnson or Patel.

I like Patel. She'd be the next Thatcher, and someone who can clearly communicate conservative principles in a ruthless, but honest way.

Johnson is seen as too much of a political animal.

Not sure the UK is ready for a non-white PM.
I'm pretty sure that if America can elect a non-white president from the left-leaning party, Britain can accept a non-white PM from the right-leaning party.

Not comparable. The Democrats won despite losing whites, no British party can afford to lose their (much larger) majority population.
First off the democrats are the left leaning party whereas Patel would be running under the right leaning party where this would be less of problem (unless you think that a non-white republican would lose the white vote to a white democrat, in which case you are a moron).

Also Britain does not have the racial tension that is present in America and it clearly would be less of a problem to be a non-white candidate and I don't know why I am arguing against something as ridiculous as the UK isn't ready for a non-white leader (while America is).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies