Pence walks out of NFL game in temper tantrum over Kneeling players
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:41:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pence walks out of NFL game in temper tantrum over Kneeling players
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Pence walks out of NFL game in temper tantrum over Kneeling players  (Read 5673 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2017, 11:56:34 PM »

They had to invent a new issue to distract the sheeple with.
twenty42
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2017, 12:53:23 AM »

Days without national embarrassment: 0

Good for Pence!

These kneelers are anti-American.  They hate America.  They deserve to experience the negative feedback from the millions they've offended by their behavior.  If their income streams from endorsements all dry up, I wouldn't shed a tear.

I swear to God, the next time I go to a sporting event, I'm going to kneel during the anthem knowing how much that offends you and the other bitches on this forum.

I dislike sporting events on the grounds that the athletes generally lead sad lives - money, power, and fame are too much for young, male athletes. Surely protesting our society's destruction of hundreds of young men's lives would be a better reason, as well as our society's suicidal tactics by the adoration and strong emotional bonds that it places upon sports and fans.

I would agree in that Real Americans like Fuzz here see these people as their field ni*gers.

Following Robert Byrd and Bill Maher in the great Democratic tradition of using the N-word to advance their agenda.

You lowlife scum.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2017, 01:01:21 AM »

If an England player or a Team GB athlete did the same during "God Save The Queen", I think there would be outrage as well.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2017, 01:02:02 AM »

Good for Pence!

These kneelers are anti-American.  They hate America.  They deserve to experience the negative feedback from the millions they've offended by their behavior.  If their income streams from endorsements all dry up, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Where was all this conservative outrage against political statements on the job when the NYPD turned their backs on de Blasio?

Can't wait until these anti-freedom couch goblins are irrelevant.

The American flag is not the same thing as the mayor of New York City. One is a man, the other is the designated symbol of national unity. Not that I think Fuzzy has any ground to stand on, as I've made clear in the past. He supported a guy who knowingly invited foreign intelligence to attack American citizens, and enjoyed it, on national TV.

The American flag is a symbol of this nation, and kneeling to protest injustice is one of the most American things you can do.

I tend to think that police officers shooting African-Americans in the back is a lot more disrespectful than an abstract act of protest, but expecting the orangutan in the White House (or Fuzzy Bear) to care about the former is clearly futile.

Sure, but you're kneeling against the flag, which represents all that is American, including, ironically, protest itself. You're also politicizing something (sports) that shouldn't be politicized. Trump himself just fanned the flames before the start of the season with his comments in Alabama. Before that, only one tight end kneeled on August 21, 2017. Now it's become a massive controversy. I think Trump is actually happy that the players are protesting, because this is the kind of racial division that he enjoys and which helps him.

Forced patriotism has never been American. Nor has been the idea that a loyal opposition cannot offer criticism.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2017, 01:11:20 AM »

Yawn, theater. Pence knew players would kneel and chose to attend.

If an England player or a Team GB athlete did the same during "God Save The Queen", I think there would be outrage as well.
That is different because they are international athletes representing their countries and not players representing private entities. Also, Eoin Morgan, the captain of the England ODI cricket team, openly doesn't sing God Save The Queen because he is Irish, and not even a British citizen. And the outrage is relatively miniscule.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2017, 01:14:24 AM »

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2017, 03:54:59 AM »

Days without national embarrassment: 0

Good for Pence!

These kneelers are anti-American.  They hate America.  They deserve to experience the negative feedback from the millions they've offended by their behavior.  If their income streams from endorsements all dry up, I wouldn't shed a tear.

I swear to God, the next time I go to a sporting event, I'm going to kneel during the anthem knowing how much that offends you and the other bitches on this forum.

I dislike sporting events on the grounds that the athletes generally lead sad lives - money, power, and fame are too much for young, male athletes. Surely protesting our society's destruction of hundreds of young men's lives would be a better reason, as well as our society's suicidal tactics by the adoration and strong emotional bonds that it places upon sports and fans.

I would agree in that Real Americans like Fuzz here see these people as their field ni*gers.

Following Robert Byrd and Bill Maher in the great Democratic tradition of using the N-word to advance their agenda.

You lowlife scum.

1. Context matters.
2. I'm not a Democrat.
3. I'm not politically correct.
4. I've been called worse by better.
mgop
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2017, 06:52:55 AM »

why does anthem even being played during games between 2 american teams? it's not like they played international game, nfl is competition between 32 teams from us so playing anthem and displaying flag is really stupid. as well as "blacks are oppressed" protests...
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2017, 06:55:54 AM »

why does anthem even being played during games between 2 american teams? it's not like they played international game, nfl is competition between 32 teams from us so playing anthem and displaying flag is really stupid. as well as "blacks are oppressed" protests...

How the National Anthem Got Tangled Up With American Sports
Like most relationships, it’s complicated.
By TEVI TROY September 26, 2017

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/09/26/how-the-national-anthem-got-tangled-up-with-american-sports-215646
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2017, 06:57:03 AM »

The Price Tag for Pence’s Indianapolis Stunt

October 9, 2017 at 7:50 am EDTBy Taegan Goddard4 Comments
CNN: “How much did Vice President Mike Pence’s trip to Indianapolis to watch — and then abruptly leave — a football game Sunday between the Indianapolis Colts and San Francisco 49ers cost?”

“Here is an estimate of just the air costs (which does not include costs of advance personnel, Secret Service or support on the ground): According to the Air Force, flying a C-32, the model of plane used for Air Force 2, for one hour costs about $30,000. Pence’s flight from Las Vegas to Indianapolis Saturday took about three hours and 20 minutes, so it cost about $100,000
Pence then flew from Indianapolis to Los Angeles on Sunday, which took about four hours and 45 minutes, costing about $142,500.”

“The grand total: about $242,500.”

Any comments from those claiming 'taking down statues is too expensive'?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2017, 07:10:37 AM »

Conservatives cannot look at this objectively and not be outraged.  It was a planned political stunt on the taxpayer dime.

You cannot claim to be conservative and be okay with this blatant and obscene disregard for taxpayer money.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2017, 07:24:33 AM »

LOL.
If you think you are fooling anyone here, that if you were a member back then, we would have seen "outrage posts" from you .... forget it !
You are a trump cultist .... get used to that label.

And you think you’re fooling people calling yourself a “proud moderate” LOL
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2017, 07:35:24 AM »

Neither of you helps your cause by sniping at each other.  How about arguing based on actual principles?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2017, 08:26:35 AM »

Let's say Pence just stopped to honor Payton Manning, which was what much of the day was about, but didn't attend the game and just went on to his next destination.  Would there be a huge flap about the cost?  I don't think so since prior to him walking out of the game, no articles were published about the OMGZ cost of honoring Payton.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2017, 08:31:55 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2017, 08:34:17 AM by GeorgiaModerate »

Let's say Pence just stopped to honor Payton Manning, which was what much of the day was about, but didn't attend the game and just went on to his next destination.  Would there be a huge flap about the cost?  I don't think so since prior to him walking out of the game, no articles were published about the OMGZ cost of honoring Payton.

When it came out that he made a cross-country trip solely for that purpose, I'd guess that there probably would have been something of a flap (*cough* party of fiscal responsibility *cough*), but likely not as big a flap as it is currently.

If Pence had been at all smart about this, he would have combined the trip with some official reason to visit Indiana.

ETA: it's also not just a matter of moving on to the next destination, which implies that it was on his way somewhere.  If he'd been going from DC to CA, for example, and made a stop in IN, it would have been less of a big deal.  But in this case, he flew cross country from Vegas to Indy, then back to the west coast.  Without this, he would have just had one much shorter flight from NV to CA.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2017, 09:00:43 AM »

Let's say Pence just stopped to honor Payton Manning, which was what much of the day was about, but didn't attend the game and just went on to his next destination.  Would there be a huge flap about the cost?  I don't think so since prior to him walking out of the game, no articles were published about the OMGZ cost of honoring Payton.

So, not only did Pence waste a great deal of taxpayer money on a political stunt, he also childishly overshadowed honoring Peyton Manning.

And yet, here you are making excuses for Pence.  All at the same time as you also hypocritically claim the money spent on taking the monuments down could be put to better purposes.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2017, 09:08:57 AM »

Conservatives cannot look at this objectively and not be outraged.  It was a planned political stunt on the taxpayer dime.

You cannot claim to be conservative and be okay with this blatant and obscene disregard for taxpayer money.

You can't even claim to be conservative and support Trump at the same time. Trump is no conservative, he's a selfish narcissist with no principals or leadership abilities.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2017, 09:16:22 AM »

You can't even claim to be conservative and support Trump at the same time. Trump is no conservative, he's a selfish narcissist with no principals or leadership abilities.

Exactly.  The answer is that they’ve abandoned their conservative principles for the sake of the win.  They boarded the Trump train and knowingly left their beliefs behind, just for the win.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2017, 09:22:03 AM »

So, not only did Pence waste a great deal of taxpayer money on a political stunt, he also childishly overshadowed honoring Peyton Manning.

And yet, here you are making excuses for Pence.  All at the same time as you also hypocritically claim the money spent on taking the monuments down could be put to better purposes.

The cost to ferry these guys around is ludicrous, and has nothing to do with the cities financing the removals.  But thanks.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2017, 12:10:17 PM »

Pence... what a drama queen.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2017, 12:19:30 PM »

The cost to ferry these guys around is ludicrous, and has nothing to do with the cities financing the removals.  But thanks.

Well, maybe you should "stop by some of the poorer sections of our country, and Puerto Rico, and mention it to them."
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2017, 06:28:22 PM »

Good for Pence!

Where was all this conservative outrage against political statements on the job when the NYPD turned their backs on de Blasio?

They were wrong, too.

That's not how you handle things.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2017, 06:42:41 PM »

Exactly.  The answer is that they’ve abandoned their conservative principles for the sake of the win.  They boarded the Trump train and knowingly left their beliefs behind, just for the win.

Trains haven't won anything in this country since Truman's whistle stop tour.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2017, 06:44:50 PM »

Good for Pence!

These kneelers are anti-American.  They hate America.  They deserve to experience the negative feedback from the millions they've offended by their behavior.  If their income streams from endorsements all dry up, I wouldn't shed a tear.

The American flag is not the same thing as the mayor of New York City. One is a man, the other is the designated symbol of national unity. Not that I think Fuzzy has any ground to stand on, as I've made clear in the past. He supported a guy who knowingly invited foreign intelligence to attack American citizens, and enjoyed it, on national TV.

The American flag is a symbol of this nation, and kneeling to protest injustice is one of the most American things you can do.

I tend to think that police officers shooting African-Americans in the back is a lot more disrespectful than an abstract act of protest, but expecting the orangutan in the White House (or Fuzzy Bear) to care about the former is clearly futile.

If I knelt in Court when the Bailiff said, 'All Rise!", a Judge could hold me in contempt.  That's because my act would be considered active defiance of the authority of the Court.

While not mandatory, the gesture of NFL football players kneeling is the display of contempt for the United States.  If you don't believe it, ask the kneelers about what they think of America as a nation.

Police officers involved in a shooting go through a legal nightmare.  If they avoid criminal liability, they still face civil liability that threatens the retirement benefits that are the primary reason these guys hang in at a tough job.  The idea that there is an epidemic of police shootings of blacks that are totally unjustified is nonsense.  Nonsense.  That a black person is killed in a police shooting does not make it murder on its face.  The real threat to black lives are the violent acts of remorseless criminals living in predominantly minority neighborhoods.  Why are these kneelers not addressing any aspect of that?

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2017, 07:00:09 PM »

Nonsense.  That a black person is killed in a police shooting does not make it murder on its face.  The real threat to black lives are the violent acts of remorseless criminals living in predominantly minority neighborhoods.  Why are these kneelers not addressing any aspect of that?
First, all black people do not live in neighborhoods with remorseless criminals.

Second, those people are prosecuted, convicted, and swiftly jailed. Police officers can boldly kill black (and non-black) citizens and be acquitted just because of some unspoken code.

If you do not understand that then you are willfully ignorant.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies