SENATE RESOLUTION: End of War Agreement (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:44:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE RESOLUTION: End of War Agreement (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE RESOLUTION: End of War Agreement (Passed)  (Read 1656 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: October 09, 2017, 11:11:38 PM »

Fantastic that we have an agreement drafted already. The biggest thing here I would change is how that $1.5 billion donation is divvied up. While all parties have certainly been harmed in the conflict, I would rather see more of that aid go towards both North and South Korea, who have been disproportionately affected far more than China has. I'll propose the following amendment on that note:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 11:23:15 PM »

Fantastic that we have an agreement drafted already. The biggest thing here I would change is how that $1.5 billion donation is divvied up. While all parties have certainly been harmed in the conflict, I would rather see more of that aid go towards both North and South Korea, who have been disproportionately affected far more than China has. I'll propose the following amendment on that note:

It's also worth noting that China provided significantly more soldiers than we did, was actively involved in combat for longer, and also suffered major losses in some of the more recent battles of the war.

Edit: Also North Korea is receiving aid from the China agreement. So this donation isn't the only source.

Right, but China is China and has double the amount of our troops, not to mention far more people than the other three nations combined. China is also guaranteed $450 billion in restitution payments already per the GM. They're in a much better position to recover from their losses over the long term than the two Koreas, so I would rather spend the resources we're willing to hand out in a more effective manner.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 01:15:46 AM »

I'm quite happy with the revised amendment coming from the President.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 07:43:33 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies