US-SEN: Which state would Peyton Manning win in a Senate bid?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:42:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  US-SEN: Which state would Peyton Manning win in a Senate bid?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which state would Peyton Manning win in if he ran for one of these seats?
Indiana (2018, 2022)

Tennessee (2020, 2026)

Colorado (2020, 2022)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: US-SEN: Which state would Peyton Manning win in a Senate bid?  (Read 1261 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2017, 01:33:05 PM »

Legendary former NFL quarterback Peyton Manning is a 2-time Super Bowl champion (Super Bowl 41, Super Bowl 50). He played for the Indianapolis Colts and the Denver Broncos, and before his professional football career, he played for the University of Tennessee in the mid 1990s.

He's from Tennessee, Indiana, and Colorado. Which state would he do well in a Senate run, if he does run?
UncleSam

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 01:38:32 PM »

Indiana. Tennessee was a looooong time ago, and given he has passed on the 2018 race has two incumbent Republicans. Colorado is both left-leaning and weaker ties to Manning.

Indiana has a democratic incumbent (though I guess he's passed on that race as well) and is by far the state where Manning would have the most appeal. He might be the one Republican who could win Indianapolis lol

Doesn't matter though, he has no interest in politics from what I can tell. Probably doesn't want to become a divisive figure.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 04:07:53 PM »

Indiana. Tennessee was a looooong time ago, and given he has passed on the 2018 race has two incumbent Republicans. Colorado is both left-leaning and weaker ties to Manning.

Indiana has a democratic incumbent (though I guess he's passed on that race as well) and is by far the state where Manning would have the most appeal. He might be the one Republican who could win Indianapolis lol

Doesn't matter though, he has no interest in politics from what I can tell. Probably doesn't want to become a divisive figure.

Peyton Manning was an excellent player and leader for the Tennessee Titans. When he left, the team stopped winning consistently.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 05:34:10 PM »

Peyton Manning was an excellent player and leader for the Tennessee Titans. When he left, the team stopped winning consistently.

Hopefully a joke. I doubt many on atlas would notice though. Also, Manning is about as beloved as one person can be in Indiana, and if he wanted to run here he would win in a landslide.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 06:23:31 PM »

Indiana. It'd be the equivalent of if Tom Brady ran here
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 12:16:02 AM »

Any of the three.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 04:40:57 AM »

Assuming he ran a reasonably competent campaign,I think he'd win in Indiana and Tennessee, but not Colorado.
Rjjr77
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 07:42:22 AM »

he could win in Indiana and TN
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 07:50:20 AM »

Indiana and Tennessee.

Larry Walker or Todd Helton should run in Colorado.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 10:17:50 AM »

He played for the UT Vols in college; he did not play for the Titans. Even though it was long ago, he's beloved here; he could win the Senate pretty easily.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 11:23:08 AM »

Are you insane?! Tongue
SamTilden2020

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 11:37:15 AM »

IN/TN appear to be most likely
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 07:25:03 PM »

Indiana...though given his father's background, he could win Louisiana as well.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 08:27:53 AM »

IN/TN both. Though I can't imagine his reception in TN could be any more rapturous than it would in IN.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies