Why did Mitt Romney select Paul Ryan as his running mate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:07:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Why did Mitt Romney select Paul Ryan as his running mate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why did Mitt Romney select Paul Ryan as his running mate  (Read 3657 times)
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« on: November 14, 2017, 11:58:06 PM »

Swing state Wisconsin, that and most people pick based on whom they can work with.

It's not like the needle really gets moved that much anyway.

But Ryan never won a state wide race in Wisconsin , and anyway Romney needed Florida and Ohio a lot more .

This. He should have went for Rubio.

I totally agree. He would have helped Romney to win states with massive Hispanic population like his home state of Florida, Colorado, Nevada and probably also New Mexico.

In addition, as we saw in most of the debates he participated, Rubio is clearly a better debater than Ryan who often looked intimitated during the vice-presidential debate with Joe Biden and even got his ass kicked with Biden's « Now you're Jack Kennedy » line. Meanwhile, Rubio is more charismatic and smarter and he often strongly countered attacks against him during debates like when he slammed Jeb Bush for targetting Rubio on his vote record because they were both running for the same office while Jeb could have done the same to John McCain in 2008 even if he wasn't running against McCain. Another example is when Ted Cruz attacked Rubio on immigration reform while referring to an interview in Spanish after which Rubio replied « I don't know how he knows what I said on Univision because he doesn't speak Spanish. »

So I think Rubio would have performed better during the 2012 vice-presidential debate against Biden than Ryan did.

I agree with everything except Biden's Kennedy line. I thought it was so lame when I heard it. Benson nailed it against Quale and Biden trying to steal the line made me cringe, and unlike when Benson used it it Biden just used it to avoid responding to what Ryan actually said.

That's a thing sometimes in politics, where politicians try to steal renowned zingers from history.

Joe Biden stole the "You're no Ted Kennedy" line, and Sarah Palin and Mike Pence stole the "There you go again" line.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies