Did God err in making Adam ruler over Eve? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:42:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Did God err in making Adam ruler over Eve? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did God err in making Adam ruler over Eve?  (Read 1466 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: October 15, 2017, 03:11:50 AM »

We are punished for our own sins, not Adam's transgression.

Was Jesus not punished for our sins?

Was Eve not punished for Adams?

Regards
DL

In Mormon belief, Christ freely gave his life for everyone's sins, understanding the price of sin from the beginning.

We are punished for our own sins, not Adam's transgression.
Word, yo.

Seriously though, I completely agree, of course. Why should everyone be punished for Adam and Eve's sin? That doesn't make sense.

Are you saying that Original Sin is a sham?

Was God's punishment of Jesus a sham as well?

Do you see Eve as a sinner when scriptures say she was deceived by God's helper?

Regards
DL
Yes, Mormonism believes that Original Sin is a sham. Adam and Eve were punished for their sin, but it is a sin they repented of, and beyond being kicked out of the Garden of Even and becoming mortal, it's not a sin the rest of humanity shares. In fact, Mormonism teaches that part of the Plan of Salvation, God's plan for all humanity, relied on Adam and Eve being kicked out of the Garden of Even and gaining the ability to procreate.

Jesus's role, in dying for the sins of humanity, was also key in the Plan of Salvation. There is a passage in the Book of Mormon, that explains:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Mormonism argues that eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and accepting the consequences afterwards was the correct, rational choice.

So, question. I may be an atheist, but I studied Bible in school, and I remember (and checked before posting) that in the end of Adam and Eve's story, god is giving them a pretty specific punishment- Eve would have to give birth in pain, and Adam would have to work hard for his bread. Well, as we know, women do give birth in pain, and bread does not grow on trees. So according to Mormonism, did the original punishment not have any effect on us? Did it just punish Adam and Eve, and if so, why did these punishments carry on to the rest of humanity (and the snake's punishment carried on to all snakes)?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies