Vanity Fair: WH advisers say Trump is unstable and unraveling (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:11:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Vanity Fair: WH advisers say Trump is unstable and unraveling (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vanity Fair: WH advisers say Trump is unstable and unraveling  (Read 4336 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: October 12, 2017, 01:26:39 AM »

It's clear that he's going bonkers based on how he's lost control of himself recently.

I disagree. He has always been bonkers, and has never been in control of himself.

It's just that he was never in the public eye this much. He never had this many limits on his ability to lash out, never had so much fact-checking of his endless lies. All that's happening is his personal delusion, where he's the smartest, handsomest, fittest, most capable man on the planet is cracking.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 09:43:10 AM »

Conversation between Robert Reich and a former GOP member of Congress.  I won't try to quote; the whole thing needs to be read.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/918309958411833344

So, despite literally fearing Trump’s at the point of starting nuclear war (restrained only by Tillerson), they’ll keep quiet, at least until or if the tax bill passes. Only then, when it passes or fails, would they be willing to speak out against him. He’s basically admitting the GOP are playing politics while believing a nuclear war is possible. Nice.

This is something I don't quite understand.  Why would it be harder to pass a tax package with Pence as President rather than Trump?

I can think of two reasons.

One, impeaching Trump will take a lot of time. Enough that its believable that they wouldn't have time enough to do big tax reform.

Two, some Trump loyalists in the House will doubtless be driven into madness by the removal of their cult leader. They will be become as disruptive as possible, and probably won't vote for anything by the GOP that just backstabbed their mango messiah.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies