How likely is Nuclear War? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:32:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How likely is Nuclear War? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How likely is Nuclear War?  (Read 1269 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: October 12, 2017, 07:25:37 AM »

Under 2% and that's being overly pessimistic. I hope nobody at this point still takes Beet seriously, especially when he's shilling for North Korea.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 09:24:41 AM »

I love how all the people personally attacking me have no counterargument. Can you answer YES to any of these questions?

Will North Korea voluntarily give up is nuclear capability?
Will the United States accept a North Korea with nuclear capability?
If the United States launches a massive attack on North Korea, will they hold back from nuclear retaliation?

Unless you can answer YES to one of these questions, nuclear war will happen. All the people saying the chance is less than 15-20% are saying that the 'Yes' answers above add up to 80-85%. You would have to be as high as a kite to take that view, since there is currently zero evidence that any of the questions add up to Yes.

The closest is question 2, since at least some US experts believe this is necessary. That's why it's the position I advocate.

You're missing what is probably the most important question between two and three:

Will the United States respond to a North Korea with nuclear capacity by launching a massive attack?

To which the answer is and has been an easy no for over a decade, putting no far above 95%. I'm sure there are other missing questions to, but they don't immediately spring to mind.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies