How likely is Nuclear War? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:12:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How likely is Nuclear War? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How likely is Nuclear War?  (Read 1273 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: October 12, 2017, 01:35:24 AM »

It depends on what you mean by nuclear war. And what timeframe.

If you mean at least one nuclear weapon detonated in anger within, say, the next three years and three months then I'd say higher than it's been in my lifetime. Trump, plus Kim, plus India-Pakistan tensions, general global situation and an incompetent President... fifteen percent. (Which seems really scary high!)

If you mean Global Thermonuclear War then under one percent. The only one who really might start that would be Trump. And I'm enough of an optimist to think the people around him would stop him first, one way or another.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 01:41:40 AM »

I'm not just posting, either. I am actually moving out of D.C. in part because I don't want to be here when the nuke hits.

You know, I would really expect a self-proclaimed super-genius to know that the North Koreans physically cannot hit any American city east of the Midwest. In fact, the current belief is that they'd be lucky if they could hit the West Coast.

Aren't the North Korean's supposed to have some sort of worldwide smuggling ring?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies