Grade the Trump Presidency (October 2017)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:21:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grade the Trump Presidency (October 2017)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Grade the Trump Presidency
A

A-

B

B-

C

C-

D

D-

F

F-

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Grade the Trump Presidency (October 2017)  (Read 5707 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 10:03:37 AM »

B+

Without the twatter, A
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 10:45:17 AM »

It's all about politics, guys. That's all.

If you're a conservative, you love his executive orders, you love his court appointments, you love how he's taking many Obama regulations and rightfully ripping them apart, you love how he says what everyone else thinks but that you're not "supposed" to say. The lack of political correctness is amazingly refreshing after eight years of a guy who wouldn't flat out say he loved America without adding a "but". His cry against globalism and doing all he can to tear up any globalist agenda is also fantastic.

But if you're a liberal living in Manhattan with a gay husband who believes that recycling will save a polar bear and that we should all take sabbaticals to Tibet, yeah, you're probably pissed.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 10:47:23 AM »

If you're a conservative, you love his executive orders, you love his court appointments, you love how he's taking many Obama regulations and rightfully ripping them apart, you love how he says what everyone else thinks but that you're not "supposed" to say. The lack of political correctness is amazingly refreshing after eight years of a guy who wouldn't flat out say he loved America without adding a "but". His cry against globalism and doing all he can to tear up any globalist agenda is also fantastic.

But if you're a liberal living in Manhattan with a gay husband who believes that recycling will save a polar bear and that we should all take sabbaticals to Tibet, yeah, you're probably pissed.

So, if you're a conservative, do you love how he's killing, starving, and/or disrespecting Puerto Ricans? Yeah, okay, what a stupefyingly simplistic point of view.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 12:03:37 PM »

D

We are not in another war yet, some good decisions on tamping down in illegal immigration and borders, terrible optics and extremely bad use of Twitter, failure of major initiatives in Congress.

I was going to give him an F but honestly it could be a lot worse and we aren't there yet.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 12:18:30 PM »

What if you're a straight, broke af White guy and Florida Cracker whose family is so poor you've never been to Disney World 3 hours away and whose home down a dirt road is passed by the recycling truck? Can he be pissed too?

You sound like a whiny little brat whose primary motivation is to laugh through your Dorito stained lips "TRIGGERED LIBTARDS." What a waste of oxygen you are, you meatheaded sh**sack.

I don't care much for Doritos.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 12:19:09 PM »

Your standards are laughably low. Obama was a much more collected individual and appointed some liberal judges appointments etc that I liked and I didn't treat him nearly as well as you are treating an unstable president that can't actually get legislative sh**t done.

I almost feel bad criticizing Obama as much as I did from 2008-2015 seeing how these Trump supporters blindly support Trump. Every flaw that Obama had, Trump has it worse and 10x more problems.

By the way I live in rural Georgia and used to be an independent (but still dem leaning) -- but Trump, Cruz, and the tea baggers show that the GOP is pretty worthless right now. I'll go back to being an independent once the GOP shows they are a party worth voting for (aside from the occasional reasonable moderate New England Governor republican)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 12:21:23 PM »

Your standards are laughably low. Obama was a much more collected individual and appointed some liberal judges appointments etc that I liked and I didn't treat him nearly as well as you are treating an unstable president that can't actually get legislative sh**t done.

I almost feel bad criticizing Obama as much as I did from 2008-2015 seeing how these Trump supporters blindly support Trump. Every flaw that Obama had, Trump has it worse and 10x more problems.

By the way I live in rural Georgia and used to be an independent (but still dem leaning) -- Trump, Cruz, and the tea baggers show that the GOP is pretty worthless right now.

That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I think the biggest problem with the Democratic Party right now is their vault to the left. To many, including me, it makes Trump's tweets look mature compared to liberal's obsession with small and inconsequential groups.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 12:25:51 PM »

By the way I live in rural Georgia and used to be an independent (but still dem leaning) -- Trump, Cruz, and the tea baggers show that the GOP is pretty worthless right now.

That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I think the biggest problem with the Democratic Party right now is their vault to the left. To many, including me, it makes Trump's tweets look mature compared to liberal's obsession with small and inconsequential groups.

The SJW left may be annoying, but that's mostly relegated to tumblr/twitter, and not in the actual politicians. Do you really think they are nearly as big of a concern to the world than Trump's instability and impulsive behavior? Do you really think they are as big of a concern as the GOP trying to push a garbage health care and tax cut bill that are unpopular? Like how do you even make a tax cut bill that is unpopular -- everyone loves tax cuts lol. Are you really fine with some of Trump's open appeals to racism? Are you fine with Trump saying stupid garbage on the daily?

I'm just really disappointed in where the GOP is headed. I used to think the dem party was the "virtue signaling, utopian party" and that the gop party tended to be the party of logic and reason. But the last few years have shown that the dem party is somehow more reasonable than the gop lol.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 12:26:16 PM »

D-

That's mainly because he hasn't started a major war (yet) and because he hasn't kept his campaign promise of bringing back waterboarding (yet).

I also want to be different. Tongue
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 12:32:25 PM »

The SJW left may be annoying, but that's mostly relegated to tumblr/twitter, and not in the actual politicians. Do you really think they are nearly as big of a concern to the world than Trump's instability and impulsive behavior? Do you really think they are as big of a concern as the GOP trying to push a garbage health care and tax cut bill that are unpopular? Like how do you even make a tax cut bill that is unpopular -- everyone loves tax cuts lol. Are you really fine with some of Trump's open appeals to racism? Are you fine with Trump saying stupid garbage on the daily?

I'm just really disappointed in where the GOP is headed. I used to think the dem party was the "virtue signaling, utopian party" and that the gop party tended to be more reasonable. But the last few years have shown that the dem party is somehow more reasonable than the gop lol.

See this is where I will politely disagree with you.

Think about 2012. Obama wins the election. As a Republican, it sucked. It sucked for Republicans in Congress, too. But then Trump wins and you have this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlMWgQU3HME

How can I ever, EVER, vote for Democrats after that? When they break windows in D.C. during the inauguration. Republicans don't do that crap. They go to Waffle House and sip coffee whining about Obama but they aren't going to "head for the streets".

The immaturity of the left is so beyond the immaturity of the right. Trump looks like a grown up, these people look nuts.

California wants to make it against the law to refer to a man as a man. When you are dealing with people like that, who just 20 or 30 years ago would have been institutionalized and are now trying to say their view is correct, that borders on dangerous. Thus, Trump appears normal.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 12:36:13 PM »

I'm just really disappointed in where the GOP is headed. I used to think the dem party was the "virtue signaling, utopian party" and that the gop party tended to be more reasonable. But the last few years have shown that the dem party is somehow more reasonable than the gop lol.

Think about 2012. Obama wins the election. As a Republican, it sucked. It sucked for Republicans in Congress, too. But then Trump wins and you have this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlMWgQU3HME

How can I ever, EVER, vote for Democrats after that? When they break windows in D.C. during the inauguration. Republicans don't do that crap. They go to Waffle House and sip coffee whining about Obama but they aren't going to "head for the streets".

The immaturity of the left is so beyond the immaturity of the right. Trump looks like a grown up, these people look nuts.

California wants to make it against the law to refer to a man as a man. When you are dealing with people like that, who just 20 or 30 years ago would have been institutionalized and are now trying to say their view is correct, that borders on dangerous. Thus, Trump appears normal.

You think Republicans would have been better behaved if Hillary won?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2017, 12:39:11 PM »

Compared to the left? Absolutely, unequivocally. White Americans don't riot in public. We riot in the voting booth.

Think of it like a horror film (since it's Halloween time).

Democrats are the loud blathering fast stabbing crazy masked killer. Republicans are Michael Myers. They don't have to run. They don't make noise. They just wait. Then they win.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2017, 12:40:07 PM »

You forgot about the Pussy Rally, or whatever it was called.

Don't worry, honey, you're safe.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2017, 12:42:49 PM »

Okay again, why are you basing your political opinions based on crazy protestors? These are just angry loud people. There are these people in both parties. I don't care that there are some racist people in the GOP -- I care a lot more about the actual politician.

The actual politicians are way more important. And Trump has proven to be pretty dogpoop so far, both politically (being unable to pass meaningful legislation that helps the lives of americans), and stylistically.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2017, 12:44:15 PM »

Okay again, why are you basing your political opinions based on crazy protestors? These are just angry loud people. There are these people in both parties. I don't care that there are some racist people in the GOP -- I care a lot more about the actual politician.

The actual politicians are way more important. And Trump has proven to be pretty dogpoop so far, both politically (being unable to pass meaningful legislation that helps the lives of americans), and stylistically.

What do you mean by stylistically?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2017, 12:47:09 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2017, 12:55:20 PM by Generally Useless »

Compared to the left? Absolutely, unequivocally. White Americans don't riot in public. We riot in the voting booth.

Don't even bother hiding it now, do you?

also

Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2017, 12:50:22 PM »

What do you mean by stylistically?

Twitter rants, Charloettesville response, Impulsive behavior, Insulting random people (including his allies), Inability to unite the country.

You're really underestimating how many people don't like Trump. I know a ton of people who voted for Trump (because you know, I live in rural Georgia) who are really, really upset at how he's behaved. Most of these people will vote for him again but a lot of them are very annoyed at how he's been treating the presidency. Even the most staunch Trump supporters I know are mad that he's costing the taxpayers so much w/ his golf trips.

Also lmao at "white americans don't riot in public". That's past dogwhistle zone.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2017, 12:50:33 PM »

A picture of me from 13 years ago in a goofy video I made on a webcam when I was 15. Apparently someone saved it because they are a loser with no life.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2017, 12:53:12 PM »

I don't want to seem too hackish by giving him an F-, but I really struggle to find anything he has done that I approve of.

I guess pulling out of the TPP was ok...
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2017, 12:56:36 PM »

If only those darn colored folk would sit down and behave!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2017, 12:57:49 PM »

Who said it had anything to do with African Americans? I said white people riot in the voting booth. Doesn't have to be about racial issues.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2017, 01:00:45 PM »

Who said it had anything to do with African Americans? I said white people riot in the voting booth. Doesn't have to be about racial issues.

Reaganfan: *makes it racial*
Reaganfan: it doesn’t have to be about racial issues

If White people don’t riot in public, but only in the voting booth, yet your problem with Democrats is in part that they rioted in reaction to Trump’s election, then obviously you’re saying it wasn’t White people rioting, it was those damn colored folks. Yknow, the ones who just can’t seem to learn their place.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2017, 01:02:22 PM »

If White people don’t riot in public, but only in the voting booth, yet your problem with Democrats is in part that they rooted in reaction to Trump’s election, then obviously you’re saying it wasn’t White people rioting, it was those damn colored folks. Yknow, the ones who just can’t seem to learn their place.

I posted a video of white protesters! Grumps posted a picture of old white lady protesters!

You see, this is what you liberals do. You immediately realize you've lost the argument, so you go back to the race card.

But even that doesn't seem to be working anymore. Smiley
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2017, 01:09:35 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2017, 01:15:52 PM by Jacobin American »

If White people don’t riot in public, but only in the voting booth, yet your problem with Democrats is in part that they rooted in reaction to Trump’s election, then obviously you’re saying it wasn’t White people rioting, it was those damn colored folks. Yknow, the ones who just can’t seem to learn their place.

I posted a video of white protesters! Grumps posted a picture of old white lady protesters!

You see, this is what you liberals do. You immediately realize you've lost the argument, so you go back to the race card.

If you posted a video of white protesters, then why did you say “White Americans don’t riot in public. We riot in the voting booth”? That only leaves a few options available:

(a) those people weren’t white who protested, yet you assert they are, so it’s not that.
(b) you were incorrect or lied when you stated, “White Americans don’t riot in public. We riot in the voting booth.” But you’re a man of intelligence and integrity, you could never lie or be incorrect. So, it can’t be that either.
(c) you falsely conflate White with Republican when it suits your interests.

Considering that I know I didn’t lose anything and you’re the person who brought up the issue of race, it has to be obvious, even to you, that you’re completely full of it right now.

Also, please don’t call me a liberal. I’m a Socialist, not a liberal. Get it right!
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2017, 01:23:03 PM »

You were the one who made it about race when you said white Americans. Don't deflect. It makes you look weak.

Your party should focus on coming up with policies that are beneficial to a majority of Americans as opposed to dumb culture war wedges that don't do anything besides divide people. (Hillary made this mistake in a lot of ways, which is why the dems should move on from her.)

Once you guys stop the culture wars and come up with policies that help Americans, I will go back to being an independent. Until then, it's mostly democrat for me. And I'm a valuable ally considering how much I talk about politics to various different people.

You need to expand your coalition, not cry when you haven't tried to expand it and then wonder why only a certain segment of the population supports your argument.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies