Grade the Trump Presidency (October 2017)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:03:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grade the Trump Presidency (October 2017)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Grade the Trump Presidency
A

A-

B

B-

C

C-

D

D-

F

F-

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Grade the Trump Presidency (October 2017)  (Read 5713 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2017, 01:42:11 PM »

Naso you really have a poor opinion of your fellow conservatives if you truly believe they are all easily triggered whiners who don't care about real things like the economy, but instead derive their thrills at sning because the President said a funny thing.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »

F-
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2017, 02:09:18 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2017, 03:45:39 PM by American2020 »

F-1776

And I'm kind.

He makes some friends worrying about America's future and ask what to do to restore its international standing.
He also creates more incertainties everyday.
His legacy will be huge to manage.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2017, 02:41:09 PM »

It's all about politics, guys. That's all.

If you're a conservative, you love his executive orders, you love his court appointments, you love how he's taking many Obama regulations and rightfully ripping them apart, you love how he says what everyone else thinks but that you're not "supposed" to say. The lack of political correctness is amazingly refreshing after eight years of a guy who wouldn't flat out say he loved America without adding a "but". His cry against globalism and doing all he can to tear up any globalist agenda is also fantastic.

But if you're a liberal living in Manhattan with a gay husband who believes that recycling will save a polar bear and that we should all take sabbaticals to Tibet, yeah, you're probably pissed.

Your standards are laughably low. Obama was a much more collected individual and appointed some liberal judges appointments etc that I liked and I didn't treat him nearly as well as you are treating an unstable president that can't actually get legislative sh**t done.

I almost feel bad criticizing Obama as much as I did from 2008-2015 seeing how these Trump supporters blindly support Trump. Every flaw that Obama had, Trump has it worse and 10x more problems.

By the way I live in rural Georgia and used to be an independent (but still dem leaning) -- Trump, Cruz, and the tea baggers show that the GOP is pretty worthless right now.

That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I think the biggest problem with the Democratic Party right now is their vault to the left. To many, including me, it makes Trump's tweets look mature compared to liberal's obsession with small and inconsequential groups.

The SJW left may be annoying, but that's mostly relegated to tumblr/twitter, and not in the actual politicians. Do you really think they are nearly as big of a concern to the world than Trump's instability and impulsive behavior? Do you really think they are as big of a concern as the GOP trying to push a garbage health care and tax cut bill that are unpopular? Like how do you even make a tax cut bill that is unpopular -- everyone loves tax cuts lol. Are you really fine with some of Trump's open appeals to racism? Are you fine with Trump saying stupid garbage on the daily?

I'm just really disappointed in where the GOP is headed. I used to think the dem party was the "virtue signaling, utopian party" and that the gop party tended to be more reasonable. But the last few years have shown that the dem party is somehow more reasonable than the gop lol.

See this is where I will politely disagree with you.

Think about 2012. Obama wins the election. As a Republican, it sucked. It sucked for Republicans in Congress, too. But then Trump wins and you have this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlMWgQU3HME

How can I ever, EVER, vote for Democrats after that? When they break windows in D.C. during the inauguration. Republicans don't do that crap. They go to Waffle House and sip coffee whining about Obama but they aren't going to "head for the streets".

The immaturity of the left is so beyond the immaturity of the right. Trump looks like a grown up, these people look nuts.

California wants to make it against the law to refer to a man as a man. When you are dealing with people like that, who just 20 or 30 years ago would have been institutionalized and are now trying to say their view is correct, that borders on dangerous. Thus, Trump appears normal.

You think Republicans would have been better behaved if Hillary won?

Compared to the left? Absolutely, unequivocally. White Americans don't riot in public. We riot in the voting booth.

If only those darn colored folk would sit down and behave!

Who said it had anything to do with African Americans? I said white people riot in the voting booth. Doesn't have to be about racial issues.

Reaganfan: *makes it racial*
Reaganfan: it doesn’t have to be about racial issues

If White people don’t riot in public, but only in the voting booth, yet your problem with Democrats is in part that they rooted in reaction to Trump’s election, then obviously you’re saying it wasn’t White people rioting, it was those damn colored folks. Yknow, the ones who just can’t seem to learn their place.

I posted a video of white protesters! Grumps posted a picture of old white lady protesters!

You see, this is what you liberals do. You immediately realize you've lost the argument, so you go back to the race card.

But even that doesn't seem to be working anymore. Smiley

Actually, it seems more to me that when Republicans are brought face to face with the incompetence and evil of their party' leader they try to turn the discussion into the status of race relations in America.

This isn't just this thread, or this forum. I see it a lot from Republicans online generally, and even from the few right-leaning people I've talked politics with.

Trump makes issues of race worse. But even if he was making them better, that would be a tangent from the reality that he is the worst President in living memory, becuase he's terrible at the job.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2017, 03:38:48 PM »

F-

He is so boorish and unpleasant. He is a despicable human being.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2017, 11:09:18 PM »

F. I'll save my F- in case he starts a war.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2017, 11:20:55 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2017, 11:22:54 PM by Representative Cactus »

Wow, I don't think I ever fully comprehended the term "white trash" until I encountered Reaganfan. It's amazing how one's perspectives change upon meeting someone who probably would have voted for George Wallace.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2017, 11:40:10 PM »

Wow, I don't think I ever fully comprehended the term "white trash" until I encountered Reaganfan. It's amazing how one's perspectives change upon meeting someone who probably would have voted for George Wallace.

It's really something else

PSA: everybody, stop responding to him
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2017, 01:12:01 AM »
« Edited: October 14, 2017, 01:21:19 AM by ProudModerate2 »

A picture of me from 13 years ago in a goofy video I made on a webcam when I was 15. Apparently someone saved it because they are a loser with no life.

The video/picture depicted a "loser with no life."
Also, the video/picture you created, displayed you with having "racist tendencies" (which doesn't surprise any of us). So call it what it really is, not "goofy."

PSA: everybody, stop responding to him

I just had to get that out of my system. I will not respond to him anymore.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2017, 11:33:05 AM »

D-.  F comes if and when Trump really does something with catastrophic consequences, rather than just talk about it.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2017, 03:04:59 PM »

D. Too incompetent to accomplish the amount of damage worthy of anything lower.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2017, 06:31:46 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2017, 06:46:05 PM by the 2018- The People v. The Pepe »

Okay again, why are you basing your political opinions based on crazy protestors? These are just angry loud people. There are these people in both parties. I don't care that there are some racist people in the GOP -- I care a lot more about the actual politician.

The actual politicians are way more important. And Trump has proven to be pretty dogpoop so far, both politically (being unable to pass meaningful legislation that helps the lives of americans), and stylistically.

What do you mean by stylistically?

Twitter rants, Charloettesville response, Impulsive behavior, Insulting random people (including his allies), Inability to unite the country.

You're really underestimating how many people don't like Trump. I know a ton of people who voted for Trump (because you know, I live in rural Georgia) who are really, really upset at how he's behaved. Most of these people will vote for him again but a lot of them are very annoyed at how he's been treating the presidency. Even the most staunch Trump supporters I know are mad that he's costing the taxpayers so much w/ his golf trips.

Also lmao at "white americans don't riot in public". That's past dogwhistle zone.

The level of racism we tolerate today would have had the FBI on your ass even 10 or 15 years ago. Trust me. This was back when the DHS actually investigated hate groups. This happened in Wyoming. In 2003.

Seriously though, I give Trump a borderline D-/F. He pals around with dictators and people who are disgusted with the American way of life. He regularly peddles rumors of the biggest wars. Trump wants to ruin the lives of millions of people just to make fun of millions of other people and to prove he's a man to people whose lives his ilk has already ruined yet has accepted him into his life as a kind of personal Lord and Savior. Yet, the economy is steady though a sort of euphoria has taken over as speculators see one of their own creating opportunities for regulatory capture. There are talks of war, but we are still at relative peace.

It's a D- because though his policies are F-, his ability to implement them so far are a F-. I would say that it will be an F- by 2019 or 2022. There's a 50% percent chance each that  he will be removed from office, get into a war bigger than Bush's war or a recession bigger than Bush's recession.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2017, 07:49:04 PM »

F- being a 1 and A being a 10. The average is 2.8. So between an F and a D-.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2017, 07:53:39 PM »

F-

Embarrassed to be American
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2017, 08:13:55 PM »

F- being a 1 and A being a 10. The average is 2.8. So between an F and a D-.

That's about right. Probably a 3.8 - 4.1 with the median voter. A high D, not quite D+.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2017, 08:25:45 PM »

Bump, I wanted to get more input. Plus, this is for those who never voted.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2017, 08:49:55 PM »

Z
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2017, 09:48:21 PM »

I voted F, although I suppose D- might have been appropriate, too. The only things he's missing for complete and utter failure are:

flubbing a response to an economic collapse
actually starting a war
overseeing the breakup of the United States

If he stays in office for four years, I think we'll get the first two.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2017, 01:19:16 AM »

Voted F-. Thought about a solid F, but figured I'd go as low as possible.

Personally I think you have to earn your grade, not just get a B or C by not doing bad things. Trump has no accomplishments to speak of so his score would be pretty close to zero.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2017, 12:11:03 PM »

Can you allow vote removals? My opinion of him has gotten worse since the beginning of the month.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2017, 12:23:06 PM »

C-
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies