Trump Iran decision thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:06:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Iran decision thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump Iran decision thread  (Read 2521 times)
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2017, 11:47:30 AM »

The speech is running late but was scheduled to start at 1245 EST. This thread will be for content of the announcement, comments, etc.

CNN has a live stream of it at go.cnn.com
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 11:54:06 AM »

The president is live now
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 11:59:03 AM »

This is just Islamaphobic red meat that could likely set US foreign policy back decades
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 12:07:32 PM »

Sanctions are back on for the regime as well as specific sanctions on the entire Quds Force (IRGC).
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 12:08:09 PM »

This is just Islamaphobic red meat that could likely set US foreign policy back decades

It isn't about red meat to the base.

Everything Trump does stems from his narcissism and insecurity. The Iran deal blowback from the generals and Trump advisors is just further proof that Obama>Trump. Deep down he knows this, which is why he is lashing out.  

This is one of the silver-lining about the Trump years. No matter how much he tries to erase Obama achievements. He will never be seen as a better president by the majority of Americans and it eats him up every day.

And I love it.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 12:09:36 PM »

Sanctions are back on for the regime as well as specific sanctions on the entire Quds Force (IRGC).

I thought there would be no sanctions.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 12:11:12 PM »

Everything Trump does stems from his narcissism and insecurity. The Iran deal blowback from the generals and Trump advisors is just further proof that Obama>Trump. Deep down he knows this, which is why he is lashing out.  

This is one of the silver-lining about the Trump years. No matter how much he tries to erase Obama achievements. He will never be seen as a better president by the majority of Americans and it eats him up every day.

And I love it.

Wrong wrong and wrong. Iran has sites that they still limit to UN inspectors, and the ones that they have opened up are scripted with no workers there and only to a few sections of the sites.

The fact that Trump pointed out about constant hacks, and planned attacks by the Quds Force are accurate.

Trump just said the US will decertify and if the effects of the plan aren't enforced by Iran, the US will terminate the deal.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 12:14:23 PM »

And I love it.

Wrong wrong and wrong. Iran has sites that they still limit to UN inspectors, and the ones that they have opened up are scripted with no workers there and only to a few sections of the sites.

The fact that Trump pointed out about constant hacks, and planned attacks by the Quds Force are accurate.

Trump just said the US will decertify and if the effects of the plan aren't enforced by Iran, the US will terminate the deal.

Lol, you think Trump actually cares about that?

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 12:15:46 PM »

And I love it.

Nah I disagree. When it comes to masculinity, Obama was the fairy unicorn college nerd. Trump went to Military school, hooked up with more women than most guys could dream of and could pay Obama's college tuition with one pen stroke.

Trump is much more of a "man" in the classic red white and blue all-American boy terms. That is one major reason white America turned the electoral map blood red for him and he is now in the White House and trying to dismantle the eight year blunder that was Barack Obama's presidency.

In white America, Obama 2016 was Carter 1980 and Trump 2016 was Reagan 1980. The only difference is because there are more people and minorities who make up bigger segments of the electorate, Trump wins 300+ electoral votes instead of Reagan's 400+.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 12:17:04 PM »

His speech in one sentence: "I'm a cranky old man who can't get over being less popular then the black guy."
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 12:17:29 PM »

And I love it.

Yes and if he's not 100% then he is as of today

https://www.wired.com/story/iran-hackers-apt33/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/08/29/iran-rejects-u-s-demand-inspection-its-military-sites/611126001/

among many other examples
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 12:19:49 PM »

I have no problem with this move.  Iran is the heart and soul of the Axis of Evil.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 12:21:47 PM »

And I love it.

Nah I disagree. When it comes to masculinity, Obama was the fairy unicorn college nerd. Trump went to Military school, hooked up with more women than most guys could dream of and could pay Obama's college tuition with one pen stroke.

Trump is much more of a "man" in the classic red white and blue all-American boy terms. That is one major reason white America turned the electoral map blood red for him and he is now in the White House and trying to dismantle the eight year blunder that was Barack Obama's presidency.

In white America, Obama 2016 was Carter 1980 and Trump 2016 was Reagan 1980. The only difference is because there are more people and minorities who make up bigger segments of the electorate, Trump wins 300+ electoral votes instead of Reagan's 400+.

Is this your way of announcing you've joined Twinks for Trump?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 12:22:53 PM »

And I love it.

I actually ate a fried twinkie the other day. Quite delicious.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 12:23:26 PM »

And I love it.

Yes and if he's not 100% then he is as of today

https://www.wired.com/story/iran-hackers-apt33/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/08/29/iran-rejects-u-s-demand-inspection-its-military-sites/611126001/

among many other examples

You are really gullible if you think Trump actually cares about that.

This is all about his ego. Everything he does stems from his narcissism. He didn't have to decertify to actually get tougher on Iran.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »

And I love it.

No true Scotsman fallacy at its best. Glad to see that you even put man in quotations. There's at least a part of you that recognizes the whole point is bunk.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 12:30:48 PM »

Sells weapons to Saudis then complains about Iran's support of terrorism? Regional destabilization? Is this a joke? And of course you can't talk about the reasons for this without being called an anti-Semite.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 12:31:20 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2017, 12:33:13 PM by the 2018- The People v. The Pepe »

And I love it.

I actually ate a fried twinkie the other day. Quite delicious.

I thought twinkies recieved than took. Isn't it ok for "Whites"(Kekistanis and their ancient Nordic ancestors) to give but not recieve?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 12:35:06 PM »

And I love it.

No true Scotsman fallacy at its best. Glad to see that you even put man in quotations. There's at least a part of you that recognizes the whole point is bunk.

Sure, I totally get what you are saying but you are sounding like an elite.

I recommend liberal professor Joan Williams' take on the issue:
http://wvpublic.org/post/nine-things-liberals-dont-understand-about-white-working-class

White working class folks tend to admire the very rich, but really resent professionals. “These (professionals) are the people who are ordering them around every day, often disrespectfully," she said, such as the college kid who gets promoted ahead of you, or the doctor or teacher who condescends to you.

And the rich? “That’s what the white working class would like to be,” she said.

“They don’t want to make all the cultural changes required for them to become professional families. They just want to be exactly the way they are, living their lives the ways they’ve always lived them with the values they’ve always had…but with more money.”

Clinton represented the condescension of professionals, she says. Trump represented their dream.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 12:36:25 PM »

So he's just going to trash the deal and put sanctions on Iran? When has that ever worked?
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 12:39:35 PM »

So he's just going to trash the deal and put sanctions on Iran? When has that ever worked?

Well not quite. We're not backing out of the deal, Trump is just being a bitch.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 12:40:30 PM »

And I love it.

Sure, I totally get what you are saying but you are sounding like an elite.

I recommend liberal professor Joan Williams' take on the issue:
http://wvpublic.org/post/nine-things-liberals-dont-understand-about-white-working-class

White working class folks tend to admire the very rich, but really resent professionals. “These (professionals) are the people who are ordering them around every day, often disrespectfully," she said, such as the college kid who gets promoted ahead of you, or the doctor or teacher who condescends to you.

And the rich? “That’s what the white working class would like to be,” she said.

“They don’t want to make all the cultural changes required for them to become professional families. They just want to be exactly the way they are, living their lives the ways they’ve always lived them with the values they’ve always had…but with more money.”

Clinton represented the condescension of professionals, she says. Trump represented their dream.

So it somehow good that we are proud to be a nation of lottery players?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 01:05:18 PM »

I have no problem with this move.  Iran is the heart and soul of the Axis of Evil.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 01:07:19 PM »

Reuters Top News‏Verified account @Reuters  5m5 minutes ago
More
JUST IN: Russian Deputy Foreign Minister says Trump comments on Iran 'extremely troubling'

Yeah that upgrades this move for me.  Putin's puppet pisses him off, again.  Smiley
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 01:20:40 PM »

This president is the biggest idiot on the planet.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies