Religious Right hypocrites cheer Trump at summit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:22:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Religious Right hypocrites cheer Trump at summit (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Religious Right hypocrites cheer Trump at summit  (Read 5850 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: October 13, 2017, 01:32:47 PM »

“Thou shalt begin a nuclear war.” - The Book of Drumpf 6:66
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 10:59:32 PM »

I don't hate Christians; I am a Christian. I just don't see what's Christian in the least bit about what Trump has done. And yes, feminists who defend Bill Clinton over his philandering and sexual escapades are hypocrites - that's why I've always criticized him over his sexual behavior, even though I think he was a good president otherwise. But religious Christians who condone Trump's frankly hostile and frightening actions towards defenseless people are also hypocrites. "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." I'm no Catholic, but frankly this Pope has a better handle on Christian principles than the president.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 12:32:27 PM »

But if life is the most fundamental of rights, and if human life begins at conception (as I believe it does, logically and Biblically), a pro-choice country submits my fundamental rights to popular vote and the whims of others, does it not?

First of all, it does not, because you are not going to be aborted, as you are a person, to whom rights apply. I agree that life is the most fundamental of rights, but rights apply to people, not to fetuses. The question is when personhood begins.

It cannot logically begin at conception. If so, then what of the 1/3 of all natural pregnancies which go through conception, but never implant onto the placenta? If these embryos were persons, then this would be the greatest tragedy in human history. Do you think then, that we should make sure that every embryo that is created successfully implants and is born? It is not logical because no one advocates this, despite the fact being well known to medical science for decades.

Biblically I have already pointed out that the Bible never mention the word "abortion", so how can it be "Biblically" prohibited? The last time I mentioned this, I was pointed to the apocrypha, but whether that represents a Christian view or not, the apocrypha is not the Bible. The Bible heavily hints that killing a fetus is not considered murder. There are many other statements in the Bible that are much more clear than abortion. For instance, the Bible clearly says that women should cover their heads in church. Yet you see no one following this. The reality is, most religious right preachers just make up things that align with the preexisting prejudices and then claim it's Biblical.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies