South Dakota High School cancels homecoming after racist stunt (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:38:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  South Dakota High School cancels homecoming after racist stunt (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South Dakota High School cancels homecoming after racist stunt  (Read 2313 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: October 13, 2017, 03:16:22 PM »

Ugly stuff.
South Dakota .... yeah, it makes sense.

Does South Dakota have a more racist history than California or something...?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 08:57:59 AM »

Ugly stuff.
South Dakota .... yeah, it makes sense.

Does South Dakota have a more racist history than California or something...?

Stop, I know you are smarter than that.
Not necessarily a "more racist history" but the kids/people there have less exposure to "other" cultures. This leads to individuals (predominately white in SD) that are "less tolerant" to respecting and seeing as equal, others who are different. In addition, almost everyone around you in SD is wearing "the red hat," so they all tend to jump-on-the-band-wagon, or else be punished for being different in your own community. So "the hate" and "intolerance" characteristics that the Red-Hat-Fuhrer himself exhibits, then rubs-off on his sheep (If the President of the Unites States can say/do it, then why not little-ole'-me ?).

I know you're NOT smarter than this, but there is literally zero evidence that people from less diverse areas are more "intolerant" than people from diverse ones.  I'd argue the opposite is the case 90% of the time.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 10:30:19 AM »

I know you're NOT smarter than this, but there is literally zero evidence that people from less diverse areas are more "intolerant" than people from diverse ones.

Dunno, the Pennsylvania 2016 county swing map is pretty compelling. For a different example, the areas that voted heavily for Brexit tended to be places that were not diverse at all or which were historically not diverse, but suddenly had an influx of migrants from Poland or Romania (e.g., East Anglia.)

I reject the assertion that there is a meaningful correlation between a swing toward Trump and "intolerance," but even so aren't there multiple studies that show racial polarization and segregation increase a heck of a lot more in areas with higher minority populations?  I don't really consider a White liberal hipster who lives in Lakeview in Chicago but is too scared to ever accidentally venture south of the Loop very "tolerant," no matter what he posts on his Facebook page.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies