What if Madonna runs for president?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:10:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What if Madonna runs for president?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What if Madonna runs for president?  (Read 1421 times)
Dogola
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2017, 08:02:15 AM »

Let's face it, only a celebrity can beat Trump. Democrats nominate Madonna, who has previously defeated Debbie Stabenow in primary and Kid Rock in Michigan senate election. What would happen? I think Magde will definitely win New York, California, DC, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan (her home state), Vermont (because of Bernie), New Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire (due to being an Italian American), Washington, Delaware, Hawaii, perhaps Nevada (because of Las Vegas), Minnesota, Maine, Oregon and New Mexico. Is she popular in WV, VA, WI, IA, IN, NC, FL, MO, AZ, OH enough to beat the Donald? I'm not a fan of her anyway.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 08:24:33 AM »

Are you high?
Dogola
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 08:27:51 AM »

I'm stone cold sober. Dems really need a celebrity against Trump, because he was a TV celebrity too.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 08:32:40 AM »

Not Madonna, I'd think Cher or Chaka Khan would be better alternatives.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 08:36:09 AM »
« Edited: October 14, 2017, 03:34:17 PM by Ἅιδης »

She would definitely win all 16 electoral votes from her home state of Portugal.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 09:26:49 AM »

Landslide for the Donald. I mean if you want a repeat of 1972/84 go for it!
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 09:36:56 AM »

Let's face it, only a celebrity can beat Trump. Democrats nominate Madonna, who has previously defeated Debbie Stabenow in primary and Kid Rock in Michigan senate election. What would happen? I think Magde will definitely win New York, California, DC, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan (her home state), Vermont (because of Bernie), New Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire (due to being an Italian American), Washington, Delaware, Hawaii, perhaps Nevada (because of Las Vegas), Minnesota, Maine, Oregon and New Mexico. Is she popular in WV, VA, WI, IA, IN, NC, FL, MO, AZ, OH enough to beat the Donald? I'm not a fan of her anyway.

That would have little to no impact in New Hampshire. It has the third lowest percentage of Italians (10.4%) in the Northeast, only placing ahead of Vermont (7.49%) and Maine (5.72%). Also, being a famous celebrity doesn't guarantee that people are going to vote for you (did Trump win Las Vegas?).
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 09:53:04 AM »

If you want a celebrity, go with Stephen Colbert or George Clooney. These two would beat the God Emperor.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 10:03:27 AM »

She would definitely win all 15 electoral votes from her home state of Portugal.
Actually, if Portugal was a state, it would have 16 electoral votes, not 15. Using Puerto Rico as Portugal.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 10:51:40 AM »

If you want a celebrity, go with Stephen Colbert or George Clooney. These two would beat the God Emperor.

Why not Al Franken? He's been a celebrity.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 10:53:46 AM »

Why not Al Franken? He's been a celebrity.

He was never that funny. If anyone from SNL should run.... Darrell Hammond (as Sean Connery)
kyc0705

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 12:38:45 PM »

1. If she won, I would support replacing "Hail to the Chief" with this: https://youtu.be/6W0NSSLGDMY
2. Obv fake fan. She lives in Portugal now. If you followed her on Instagram, you'd totally know that.
3. WTF?!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 02:03:27 PM »

(A)  Donald Trump was not a "celebrity"; he was the CEO of a large global enterprise and a person that folks of all stripes had been approaching about a Presidential bid since 1988.

(B)  The Democrats do NOT need a celebrity; they need to make "Competence" the theme and convince Americans that Donald Trump is incompetent, and THEIR candidate OOZES competence if they want to win in 2020.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 03:00:18 PM »

Madonna L. Ciccone is a native of MI, so she would be eligible to run as it's easy enough for a citizen to move back home.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 03:46:49 PM »

Madonna L. Ciccone is a native of MI, so she would be eligible to run as it's easy enough for a citizen to move back home.

Could she have her fixed abode in Portugal and still run for US president?
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 03:53:33 PM »

She would definitely win all 15 electoral votes from her home state of Portugal.
Actually, if Portugal was a state, it would have 16 electoral votes, not 15. Using Puerto Rico as Portugal.

Believe it or not, German Wikipedia has still listed the numbers of electoral votes for each state from the last decade... Undecided

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_Bundesstaaten_der_Vereinigten_Staaten_nach_Einwohnerzahl

Btw, I just realized that you used the map from the last decade, too. Tongue
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 03:55:14 PM »

(snip)

Believe it or not, German Wikipedia has still listed the numbers of electoral votes for each state from the last decade... Undecided

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_Bundesstaaten_der_Vereinigten_Staaten_nach_Einwohnerzahl

Wow, that's a pretty major oversight. Fixed it.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2017, 04:10:26 PM »

(snip)

Wow, that's a pretty major oversight. Fixed it.

Thank you, Elassint! 👍🏻
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2017, 04:36:55 PM »

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 08:55:03 PM »

Madonna - 532
Trump - 3
Jeb! - 3

And DC still goes Democratic.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2017, 09:42:19 PM »

(A)  Donald Trump was not a "celebrity"; he was the CEO of a large global enterprise and a person that folks of all stripes had been approaching about a Presidential bid since 1988.

(B)  The Democrats do NOT need a celebrity; they need to make "Competence" the theme and convince Americans that Donald Trump is incompetent, and THEIR candidate OOZES competence if they want to win in 2020.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 09:49:28 PM »

Madonna would lose by more than Clinton did:

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 09:53:49 PM »

Democrats don't need a celebrity, they need a competent candidate.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2017, 09:14:31 AM »

I'd wonder how TRUMP would nickname and mock her. “Little Louise wants to run for president? Oh boy, did you note how short she is? How does she want to negotiate with that tiny height and that ugly voice. Her voice is very ugly by the way. Very very ugly. It's true. Nobody likes to hear it. If I were a singer, I'd be much more successful, believe me. So, if Little Louise sits at the table with the Chinese, they're going to play ping pong with her, that I can tell you. And we don't need that. We need a tough cookie like Trump.”
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2017, 06:21:24 PM »

I'd wonder how TRUMP would nickname and mock her. “Little Louise wants to run for president? Oh boy, did you note how short she is? How does she want to negotiate with that tiny height and that ugly voice. Her voice is very ugly by the way. Very very ugly. It's true. Nobody likes to hear it. If I were a singer, I'd be much more successful, believe me. So, if Little Louise sits at the table with the Chinese, they're going to play ping pong with her, that I can tell you. And we don't need that. We need a tough cookie like Trump.”

Very creative and accurate! You could add: "No one in China knows her. If she ever wants to become the opponent who's gonna succumb to me the Chinese will have to google her name first because she is so unknown over there - instead of me who had already been famous everywhere around the world before I became president, which she never will."
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies