Bannon - "Trump will reach 400 electoral votes in 2020"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:28:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bannon - "Trump will reach 400 electoral votes in 2020"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Bannon - "Trump will reach 400 electoral votes in 2020"  (Read 5593 times)
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2017, 03:18:18 PM »

Just wait until that dunce Kasich splits the leftist vote.

Any "leftist" who votes for John Kasich, is, quite frankly, a moron.

Kasich is super left wing.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2017, 03:22:19 PM »

And you are an idiot wrapped in a moron.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2017, 03:23:21 PM »

*Rolls eyes*
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2017, 03:35:20 PM »

Heh. It is pretty funny how some Democrats/liberals think Kasich running as an independent would hurt Trump. I've got some bad news for you guys...Trump keeps nearly all the deplorables while Kasich and whatever Democrat split the sane vote.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2017, 03:37:32 PM »

The states colored in red would vote for any Democratic nominee, even in a GOP landslide. That's 196 EV. If you add NH, CO and NM, you're at 214, which is probably the absolute D floor.

NH....is gray? Huh
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2017, 03:40:16 PM »

The states colored in red would vote for any Democratic nominee, even in a GOP landslide. That's 196 EV. If you add NH, CO and NM, you're at 214, which is probably the absolute D floor.

Oregon and VA definitely flip if GOP wins by 10 points , and DE probably does as well.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2017, 04:22:04 PM »

Well, yes, you are talking about a political movement that nominated vile cretins like Hillary Clinton and George McGovern.

You think these people are remotely smart?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2017, 04:26:16 PM »

Well, yes, you are talking about a political movement that nominated vile cretins like Hillary Clinton and George McGovern.

You think these people are remotely smart?

As opposed to that other political movement that has such moral paragons for leaders like Newt Gingrich and Dennis Hastert.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2017, 04:48:04 PM »

Oregon and VA definitely flip if GOP wins by 10 points , and DE probably does as well.

This is about as likely as Annie Kuster losing reelection next year.

you said landslide though
Hydera

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2017, 04:52:45 PM »

Some people were predicting Obama was going to win over 400+ EV's back in 2008 by winning a combo of Montana, missouri which he lost narrowly and Texas, Georgia, Arizona. It didnt happen so spoiler: its not going to happen.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2017, 05:00:01 PM »

I probably should have colored it red, but I guess there's like a 0.5%-1% chance or so that Trump carries it by a margin of roughly 500 votes if the Democrats nominate someone like Julian Castro or Cory Booker (they don't represent "NH values" at all, do they?). But you're right, it's probably Safe D anyway, regardless of who the Ds nominate. In any case, Shaheen's seat is certainly 100% safe (looking forward to the hype, though), and Democrats will win the governor's mansion for sure. That said, I still find it pretty hilarious how poorly Democrats did in NH in 2016, especially with Clinton and Hassan (candidates who were tailor-made for the state) on the ballot.

Are you looking forward to all the "Is Jeanne Shaheen the Dean Heller of 2020?" posts in 2019-2020? lol
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2017, 05:04:05 PM »

Some people were predicting Obama was going to win over 400+ EV's back in 2008 by winning a combo of Montana, missouri which he lost narrowly and Texas, Georgia, Arizona. It didnt happen so spoiler: its not going to happen.

Yeah but Trump is different.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2017, 10:09:23 PM »

Are you looking forward to all the "Is Jeanne Shaheen the Dean Heller of 2020?" posts in 2019-2020? lol

It's going to be terrible, honestly. Think of all the millions the GOP will waste there when they could spend their money wisely in NC, MT, GA, AK, etc. to defend all the vulnerable seats. Maybe 2018 and 2020 will teach them a lesson, but I doubt it. Even if the GOP loses everything in NH, I'm sure the usual "experts" will consider Hassan vulnerable in 2022, lol.

These says, a Republican "landslide" would mean that they're winning 323-337 EV and the PV by 1-2 points. And even that is a stretch.

No prominent political analyst would consider a 1% PV win a landslide.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2017, 03:55:11 AM »

It's going to be terrible, honestly. Think of all the millions the GOP will waste there when they could spend their money wisely in NC, MT, GA, AK, etc. to defend all the vulnerable seats. Maybe 2018 and 2020 will teach them a lesson, but I doubt it. Even if the GOP loses everything in NH, I'm sure the usual "experts" will consider Hassan vulnerable in 2022, lol.

These says, a Republican "landslide" would mean that they're winning 323-337 EV and the PV by 1-2 points. And even that is a stretch.

Landslide is relative. Pretty much everyone agrees Obama's 2008 win was a modern day landslide, but it's actually not impressive at all compared to earlier landslides. But yeah, a 1% PV win would definitely be a stretch even in these hyper polarized times.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2017, 04:13:12 AM »

Landslide is relative. Pretty much everyone agrees Obama's 2008 win was a modern day landslide, but it's actually not impressive at all compared to earlier landslides. But yeah, a 1% PV win would definitely be a stretch even in these hyper polarized times.

Electoral college landslide is not equal to a popular vote landslide. 1912 for example was an electoral landslide (Wilson won 81% of electors), but 42% of the votes isn't landslide in my opinion, although the second, TR, came in with 27%. I'd consider a popular vote landslide anything above 53% or 54% in modern times and an electoral landslide something over 350 electoral votes (if not 380).

But Trump has a 0% (in words: ZERO) chance to win 400 electoral votes. The Democrat could do so, but extremely unlikely.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2017, 11:25:14 AM »

I probably should have colored it red, but I guess there's like a 0.5%-1% chance or so that Trump carries it by a margin of roughly 500 votes if the Democrats nominate someone like Julian Castro or Cory Booker (they don't represent "NH values" at all, do they?). But you're right, it's probably Safe D anyway, regardless of who the Ds nominate. In any case, Shaheen's seat is certainly 100% safe (looking forward to the hype, though), and Democrats will win the governor's mansion for sure. That said, I still find it pretty hilarious how poorly Democrats did in NH in 2016, especially with Clinton and Hassan (candidates who were tailor-made for the state) on the ballot.

Why were those two such good fits for the state?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2017, 11:57:48 AM »

I don't get why you guys are flipping New Jersey before Connecticut. Trump lost NJ by a larger margin than CT.

Because people think that Connecticut is entirely Fairfield County which is a bad fit for Trump.

The three states in which Donald Trump is most well known are, due to the media of New York City:

Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York, in alphabetical order.

Connecticut has some St. Louis-like dumps in Hartford and New Haven, just as New Jersey has Newark, Paterson, and Trenton. Camden makes Detroit look good by contrast.

If you're not trolling, I'm getting the impression that you might be a bit racist...

The dumps full of ethnic minorities tend to go D. The dumps full of white people tend to go R. Contrast Kentucky or West Virginia to Connecticut and New Jersey. The ethnic minorities in dumpy places know who their friends are in politics. Poor white people don;t realize who their enemies are.
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2017, 12:39:25 PM »

HuhHuh

no?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2017, 02:23:26 PM »

You mean just like Hitler?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies