Russian Revolution: 100 years (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:51:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Russian Revolution: 100 years (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Russian Revolution: 100 years  (Read 3234 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
« on: October 22, 2017, 11:39:41 PM »

A truest tragic time in history. While the tsar was bad he was no where near as bad as Lenin Stalin and all their crew. The next 70 years would be filled with terror and death and millions of Russians were deceived by the revolution. Over the time of communist rule, it would kill over 100 million innocent people from Central Europe to SE Asia. Today when looking back at the events of 1917, I'm very happy that we now live in a world where millions are free where they would otherwise be enslaved by the communist regime. Hopefully soon enough communism will collapse and freedom will prevail in places like Cuba China North Korea Laos and Vietnam

The numbers you are putting are totally out of your as* btw. I am not a big fan of communism in general but every ideology has killed people. US is one of the leading nations that there is, having unleashed worldwide violence which has killed millions for the sake of ideology, sometimes replacing democratic leaders with brutal killing dictators.

So, this is tall talk coming from 1 ideology which kills to another which kills a bit more. The Czar was terrible & as terrible as Communism is, I fail to see how it is even worse than a Czar ruling & crushing millions of working class people. I wish they had gone into a full functioning democracy & a less authoritarian direction without communism but to suddenly act like the West if pious & the Czar was okay, is preposterous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies