Trump Supporters hilariously try to recall California Governor Jerry Brown
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:31:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Supporters hilariously try to recall California Governor Jerry Brown
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump Supporters hilariously try to recall California Governor Jerry Brown  (Read 1206 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 08:57:20 AM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 07:17:39 PM »

Am I the only clinton voter on this damn forum that doesn't want Trump impeached?
You trust Trump won't do something disastrous before he leaves office? The guys IQ is in the low teens, your giving him way too much credit.

If Trump's IQ were in the low teens, he'd be so developmentally disabled he wouldn't be able to even speak or preform any actions without assistance. Anything below 70 is considered mentally retarded.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 07:39:36 PM »

Trump is a lot more likely to be impeached than Brown is to be recalled.

Not really.  The Recall is a tool of the minority, stealing its way onto the ballot, and then mobilizing a minority to undo an election.  The Recall is both anti-republican and anti-majoritarian.

I don't support a recall of Brown, but it would be a lot easier to get a recall petition on the ballot than it would be to get an impeachment resolution through the House.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2017, 07:55:33 PM »

Trump is a lot more likely to be impeached than Brown is to be recalled.

Not really.  The Recall is a tool of the minority, stealing its way onto the ballot, and then mobilizing a minority to undo an election.  The Recall is both anti-republican and anti-majoritarian.

I don't support a recall of Brown, but it would be a lot easier to get a recall petition on the ballot than it would be to get an impeachment resolution through the House.

You're using different standards in comparing them: defining recalled as merely getting the petition on the ballot, but impeachment as actually getting the resolution through the House.  The governor isn't recalled unless the recall petition makes it onto the ballot and wins a majority of the vote.  (California Constitution, Article II, Section 15)

As such, I stand by the assertion that Brown is less likely to be recalled than Trump is to be impeached.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 08:10:11 PM »

Even if this could pass, by the time the election would be held, there would be what, four, five months left in the term?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies