Hillary warns UK not to deal with Trump on trade deal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:02:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary warns UK not to deal with Trump on trade deal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hillary warns UK not to deal with Trump on trade deal  (Read 1570 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2017, 05:47:06 PM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/15/hillary-clinton-warns-britain-on-potential-trade-deal-with-trump.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Seems somewhat rude to try to interfere in deals between two nations as a election loser.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 07:39:41 PM »

It's not like we have many cards to play.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 07:52:46 PM »

She was asked a question and answered it.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 07:58:33 PM »

I mean we can't negotiate any trade deal until 2019 at the earliest anyway (and I think that there'll have to be some kind of transitional arrangements, so that will likely be longer) so its a bit academic considering that Trump might not be around for long when we start talking anyway - considering that trade deals can take the best part of a decade to do!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 11:17:44 PM »

And provided the same, correct, answer that many other private citizens and retired public servants would:  Trump is a lying, incompetent scumbag and no one should willingly deal with him.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 11:51:35 PM »

Hillary's credibility and image around the globe is far higher than trump's. Foreign countries are more likely to listen to her than him
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 05:32:44 AM »

Hillary's credibility and image around the globe is far higher than trump's. Foreign countries are more likely to listen to her than him

Except dictatorships. I take that back. They are sick of his ass, too.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 07:01:19 AM »

As has already been said, she's right. I don't trust Trump to negotiate these kinds of deals. I'd love to see a US/UK FTA, but we need the right people at the table.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 08:06:39 AM »

Exactly the same advice the Democratic Party should take to heart -you can't deal with a madman. 
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 08:58:19 AM »

I, of course, completely agree with her ... but this epitomizes many people's issue with Hillary Clinton.  I know many of you don't live in states that often get a TON of campaign commercials (talking about Iowa here for me), but Hillary was 110% running as a more protectionist candidate than Trump during the election.  Period.  She ran TV ads pointing out how Trump was always a fan of outsourcing and free trade and insinuated his protectionism is totally fake; I have always found the Atlas narrative that she was fine being the "more pro-free trade" candidate to be total and utter BS, yet now she is labeling him as anti-trade as if it's an insult (which, I think it is ... but stay consistent...).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 10:12:21 AM »

I, of course, completely agree with her ... but this epitomizes many people's issue with Hillary Clinton.  I know many of you don't live in states that often get a TON of campaign commercials (talking about Iowa here for me), but Hillary was 110% running as a more protectionist candidate than Trump during the election.  Period.  She ran TV ads pointing out how Trump was always a fan of outsourcing and free trade and insinuated his protectionism is totally fake; I have always found the Atlas narrative that she was fine being the "more pro-free trade" candidate to be total and utter BS, yet now she is labeling him as anti-trade as if it's an insult (which, I think it is ... but stay consistent...).

This is an OK analysis.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 10:19:06 AM »

This is an OK analysis.
No it isn't. You and I live in Florida. We saw the same ads. Clinton made a bunch of ads, one of which IIRC even literally showed Trump explaining to his audience how he uses the trade system that the Clinton's helped rig in his favor (a scene that I saw at a few Trump rallies regardless). If it were Mitt Romney giving that speech, he'd be booed off the stage. But with Trump, there is a naked transparency. He literally explains his political moves to his political base publicly, and yet the press somehow pretends to be shocked each time. I mean, for Christ's sake, he literally told us exactly what he was doing when he started the NFL brouhaha. And once again, he came out ahead.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 11:04:47 AM »

He believes in fair trade, meaning we don't get f[inks]ed in every trade deal.

Will this woman ever go away?  #LOCKHERUP
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 11:30:23 AM »

Good, good. The next Democratic president should be the one getting credit for a fantastic trade deal where we get British beverages and aircraft parts duty-free.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 01:16:13 PM »

This is an OK analysis.
No it isn't. You and I live in Florida. We saw the same ads. Clinton made a bunch of ads, one of which IIRC even literally showed Trump explaining to his audience how he uses the trade system that the Clinton's helped rig in his favor (a scene that I saw at a few Trump rallies regardless). If it were Mitt Romney giving that speech, he'd be booed off the stage. But with Trump, there is a naked transparency. He literally explains his political moves to his political base publicly, and yet the press somehow pretends to be shocked each time. I mean, for Christ's sake, he literally told us exactly what he was doing when he started the NFL brouhaha. And once again, he came out ahead.

Well, the "analysis" wasn't about your fearless leader and his amazing tactics, it was about Hillary Clinton being incredibly fake.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 01:25:54 PM »

It's not like Britain didn't succumb to a terrible, populist move.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 02:08:13 PM »

De facto Secretary of State. Love it. Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 02:10:16 PM »

Living in Michigan, I saw a completely different set of ads.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2017, 01:16:30 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2017, 01:19:56 PM by NewYorkExpress »

I agree with Hillary, but she's basically violating the Logan Act saying this... if anyone should be saying this, it should be someone like Tim Kaine, Chris Murphy or Gregory Meeks, who serve on House/Senate Foreign Relations committees, and the corresponding subcommittees (with exception of Kaine).
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2017, 01:54:42 PM »

Can't believe I'm agreeing with Invisible Obama, but this.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 02:17:11 PM »

OMG! Treason! At least under the new "colloquial" definition.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 10:26:10 AM »

It's not like Britain didn't succumb to a (...) populist move.
Which of our countries hasn't?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 05:01:15 PM »

This is an OK analysis.

1. When did he say this?
2. He really didn't.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 05:22:51 PM »

None Tongue But Clinton seems to be implying that America is now tainted because Trump.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2017, 05:29:01 PM »

None Tongue But Clinton seems to be implying that America is now tainted because Trump.
Well, yeah, it unquestionably is
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies