Who will win the Pennsylvania senate race? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:12:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who will win the Pennsylvania senate race? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Bob Casey Jr. (D)

Lou Barletta (R)

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 124

Author Topic: Who will win the Pennsylvania senate race?  (Read 3695 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« on: October 15, 2017, 11:43:23 PM »

Casey, by about 6-7 points. Barletta is an @rsehole.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 06:40:21 PM »

I think it's definitely Likely D. GOP money/attention will be going to other races, Trump's unpopularity is going to be a huge factor, and Casey is an uncontroversial two-term incumbent in a swing state.

I also think that while Barletta may do well in most counties that voted for Trump, he could lose ground in the Philly metro area compared to Trump.

Probably not worse than Trump in Philly burbs, but certainly worse than Tumor (btw I love the nickname, kudos to whoever made it!)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 09:43:35 PM »

In all seriousness, I think this is Lean D, slightly closer to Likely D than tossup. While Trump and Tumor edged out last year, they were up against non incumbent and quite controversial and flawed candidates. I think Casey will most probably follow the paths of Shapiro, DePasquale, and Torsella. Well liked, well funded, decently well known, incumbent, well only DePasquale was for the inc thingy, moderate, overall non controversial type figures. They all won by several points each, with wider margins than Trump and Tumor on the same night, and all with a majority, unlike Trump and Tumor's plurality. And I think Casey just fits the Shapiro, DePasquale, and Torsella mold fairly well, and frankly is even a little stronger than them. Probably wins 52-45 against Barletta.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies