Trump says he hopes Clinton runs again in 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:41:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump says he hopes Clinton runs again in 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Trump says he hopes Clinton runs again in 2020  (Read 3599 times)
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2017, 04:21:25 PM »

Oh yeah and let's not forget Hillary lied about her health. She said New York City's blistering hot 76 degree weather caused her to get "heat exhaustion" until a video came out of her being thrown into a can like a side of beef surfaced.

The Clinton campaign was well prepared to go with the "heat exhaustion" lie until that video came out.

Just another one of Hillary's lies.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2017, 05:25:19 PM »

Hillary NEEDS to be the first female President. It HAS to be her. She doesn't want the glass ceiling shattered - she wants HER to shatter it. Make no mistake about it -if Hillary gets in, she may force the Democrat party and media Establishment to back her.

If not, off to the gulags they go!

The Democrat party somehow nominated the Gollum of electoral politics. I don't know how they find someone who lacks brains, charm, and good manners! Except I guess Gollum got the ring in the end.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2017, 05:30:30 PM »

I get the feeling that it’s going to happen. She doesn’t seem to be done with politics from what I’ve seen and heard. She and Bill also have zero shame, which is another good reason to believe she will make another run. I think Hillary 2020 would be equal parts frustrating and hilarious. I think Trump would wipe the floor with her and the debates would be epic (could you just see Trump dropping the line, “That’s why you keep losing elections, Hillary”), but I’m also quite sick of her and to have to endure another one of her campaigns would be exhausting.

The worst part is that she would probably waltz to the nomination again, since the superdelegates would predictably have her back and there are no Obamas out there to challenge her.

Who the hell would vote for Hillary again? Most Hillary supporters don't want her to run again. You don't seem to understand the democrat electorate very well lol.

Superdelegates go for whoever has the most delegates. Hillary had more superdelegates in 2008 and they went to Obama once he won more delegates.

Hillary shouldn't run because she'd probably lose again, and even if she did win, winning by less than 5% vs Trump is a failure anyways.
ahugecat

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2017, 05:30:43 PM »

BTW I love how people say Trump is a moron but apparently Russia's $100,000 on social media (which they can't even prove and most of the ads weren't even pro-Trump) was able to beat out Clinton's $1.2 billion, dozens of Super PACs, the "greatest data operation on the planet," her intense "record breaking" ground game, and the entire American media Establishment.
ahugecat

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2017, 05:32:50 PM »

Who the hell would vote for Hillary again?

Remember, the average Democrat voter thinks Russia's $100,000 on social media (which hasn't even been proven and most of the ads weren't even about Trump) was able to defeat her $1.2 billion machine with dozens of Super PACs, the media Establishment, her "record breaking" ground game, the "greatest data operation" on the planet, and America's greatest political minds.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »

Remember, the average Democrat voter thinks Russia's $100,000 on social media (which hasn't even been proven and most of the ads weren't even about Trump) was able to defeat her $1.2 billion machine with dozens of Super PACs, the media Establishment, her "record breaking" ground game, the "greatest data operation" on the planet, and America's greatest political minds.

Some might think that, but a lot of those people don't even want Hillary to run again.

There's no way she wins the nomination in 2020.
ahugecat

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2017, 05:35:45 PM »

Some might think that, but a lot of those people don't even want Hillary to run again.

They will vote for whoever they are told to vote for.

So if Clinton runs, and the Establishment backs her, the people WILL vote for her.

The only thing that can save us is if she pulls a Romney and decides not to run due to the backlash.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2017, 05:38:15 PM »

So if Clinton runs, and the Establishment backs her, the people WILL vote for her.

The only thing that can save us is if she pulls a Romney and decides not to run due to the backlash.

Lol what? You're really overestimating the democrat establishment. A no name senator from vermont who was seen as a long shot got 43% of the vote vs Hillary. You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the democrat party if you think anyone besides Hillary's most staunch supporters want her running anymore.

If anything Bernie would have a lot more influence in 2020. Whoever gets endorsed by Bernie will shoot up in the polls.

ahugecat

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2017, 05:41:19 PM »

Lol what? You're really overestimating the democrat establishment. A no name senator from vermont who was seen as a long shot got 43% of the vote vs Hillary. You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the democrat party if you think anyone besides Hillary's most staunch supporters want her running anymore.

If anything Bernie would have a lot more influence in 2020. Whoever gets endorsed by Bernie will shoot up in the polls.

Sanders was overhyped. His candidacy ended after the first Super Tuesday but a win in Michigan deluded him to continue.

And I have a perfect understanding of the Democrat party - the fact that so many people actually believe Russia's (alleged) $100,000 social media presence had any influence in the election proves my point.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2017, 05:44:48 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Exactly. All he had was hype behind him, and he got 43% of the vote vs a super well established politician. If Bernie just did slightly better with black voters and won Iowa (which he barely lost), he would have been a much, much more competitive candidate.

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2017, 05:46:29 PM »

The people will most certainly not vote for her. People don't "Vote for whoever they are told to vote for." Hillary lost to Obama and faced reasonable opposition in 2016. Her support will only drop further after this (esp. because the field will be more split - as I have said many times, I don't see Biden letting Hillary take the nomination again. If no one else from the centrist/establishment wing of the party runs against Hillary, he will).
ahugecat

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2017, 05:55:33 PM »

Exactly. All he had was hype behind him, and he got 43% of the vote vs a super well established politician. If Bernie just did slightly better with black voters and won Iowa (which he barely lost), he would have been a much, much more competitive candidate.

Bernie Sanders failed for 2 reasons:

1. He didn't attack Clinton on her emails. The second he said "nobody cares about your damn emails!" he conceded the race.

2. He didn't get attacked much. Clinton went REALLY easy on him (which is why I don't buy the "rigged" claims). Sanders also gets flustered very easily when attacked.

If the Establishment says vote for Clinton in 2020 they will.
ahugecat

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2017, 05:57:09 PM »

The people will most certainly not vote for her. People don't "Vote for whoever they are told to vote for." Hillary lost to Obama and faced reasonable opposition in 2016. Her support will only drop further after this (esp. because the field will be more split - as I have said many times, I don't see Biden letting Hillary take the nomination again. If no one else from the centrist/establishment wing of the party runs against Hillary, he will).

The fact that the left have the uncanny to regurgitate whatever they hear from the media leads me to believe they will vote for who they are told to vote for.

But I can't see Biden running. He'll be 78.

TBH I don't think Clinton will run personally, but IF she does, and IF she demands Establishment support, they will give it to her.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2017, 09:27:56 PM »

A super well established politician who started out at 3% in the polls? Obama started out at 25%.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2017, 09:45:10 PM »

I think the establishment is putting money on other candidates. Hillary is smart enough to not run again.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2017, 10:08:48 PM »

Clinton is a weak candidate and Democrats know it-they won't want her to run again. Literally the only people who want her to run again are Trump supporters.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2017, 10:15:55 PM »

Clinton is a weak candidate and Democrats know it-they won't want her to run again. Literally the only people who want her to run again are Trump supporters.

I want her to run again. Smiley I acknowledge I'm in a deep minority though.
ahugecat

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2017, 10:44:08 PM »

why is she a weak candidate
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2017, 10:51:24 PM »

why is she a weak candidate
[/quote]

She lost to someone who did politics as a hobby. That's embarrassing considering Clinton is the textbook example of a politician. Any democrats would of put trump away by high single to double digits.
ahugecat

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2017, 10:53:04 PM »

She lost to someone who did politics as a hobby. That's embarrassing considering Clinton is the textbook example of a politician. Any democrats would of put trump away by high single to double digits.

what on election night all the networks were saying how great she was and that Trump would need a "miracle" to win and that when Trump lost he would have his lack of a ground game to blame.

According to Barack Obozo the Clown she was the "most qualified candidate" in HISTORY.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2017, 10:57:24 PM »

The Virgin Islands gaffe is the tip of the iceberg on Trump's ignorance.

Furthermore, I am not claiming Clinton is perfect in foreign or domestic policy. I just know she would not be the blithering buffoon that Donald Trump is.

I'll let you continue your 2016 circle jerk while President Trump signs no major legislation.

I'd rather have someone not know about the U.S. Virgin Islands than someone who apparently emboldened Putin.

How's Clinton's legislation?

The fact is it was always going to be hard-  the GOP is not for Trump. They were for Clinton. They never wanted to actually repeal Obamacare.

Oh good God, we have a new troll.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2017, 10:59:08 PM »

what on election night all the networks were saying how great she was and that Trump would need a "miracle" to win and that when Trump lost he would have his lack of a ground game to blame.

According to Barack Obozo the Clown she was the "most qualified candidate" in HISTORY.

Clinton was pretty much the most qualified candidate in history. Her resume was nowhere near short of incredible. Donald Trump? Probably the least qualified in history.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2017, 11:09:51 PM »

The conventional wisdom never was that Clinton was a great candidate, it was just that Trump was an even worse one.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2017, 11:17:12 PM »

Being qualified doesn't make you a strong candidate though.  Voters largely don't care about qualifications.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2017, 11:29:20 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2017, 11:35:30 PM by Liberalrocks »

I want her to run again. Smiley I acknowledge I'm in a deep minority though.

I'm personally torn on this question. My points above pertained to Trump using this to glorify his win, to live in the past due to lack of accomplishments. I supported her very strongly and deeply admire her. I went to a few of her rallies and got my selfie experiences with her which were incredible. For the idea of me supporting another run, I would have to see a few things happen/ news developments pertaining the ongoing investigation turn for me to really want another run. I don't think she will run now, looks like a far out idea. Rehabbing her image would be difficult overall. However, I've learn all too well how unpredictable politics is. Some big name politicians have been written for dead only to somehow resurrect themselves when least expected, so who knows...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies