Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:32:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many.  (Read 6915 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2017, 12:11:25 PM »

Seriously. This is not going to happen. I know a lot of alt-righters are dreaming of a race between two of their favorite politicians, but Tulsi will be crucified in the primary if she runs.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2017, 02:10:33 PM »

]
Her rather had influenced her views a lot when she was 22, and she came out for SSM before Hillary did.
She didn't actually evolve on the issue, she just hid her views for electabilitys sake.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Look at things other then the date she came out in favor of gay marriage.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2017, 07:05:10 PM »

]
Her rather had influenced her views a lot when she was 22, and she came out for SSM before Hillary did.
She didn't actually evolve on the issue, she just hid her views for electabilitys sake.

You mean when she was 22? She was brought up in a very homophobic household, and yet still managed to support SSM before Hillary.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2017, 07:49:54 PM »

]

You mean when she was 22? She was brought up in a very homophobic household, and yet still managed to support SSM before Hillary.

It's so nice to be lectured by some straight white #progressive about who's really more respectful of my rights.
PoliticalJunkie23
Rookie
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2017, 03:05:01 PM »

Why do people here hate Tulsi Gabbard so much? She seems alright to me. Better than a goofball like Corey Booker.
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2017, 03:10:17 PM »

the more I read about Tulsi, the more I like her.

How can anyone Democrat get mad at Bush over Iraq then be against Assad?
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2017, 03:18:28 PM »

The fact that people like you like Tulsi should be telling for Democrats.

She's the Alt-Rights favorite Democrat.
ahugecat

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2017, 03:22:45 PM »

I don't want to hear another Democrat complain about neocons/Bush/Iraq war ever again then if they're going to support being against Assad. "Assad uses chemical weapons" just lmao. If anyone actually believes that then there is some yellow cake I'd like to sell you from Iraq.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2017, 03:36:14 PM »

I don't want to hear another Democrat complain about neocons/Bush/Iraq war ever again then if they're going to support being against Assad. "Assad uses chemical weapons" just lmao. If anyone actually believes that then there is some yellow cake I'd like to sell you from Iraq.

Your God-Emperor believes that Assad used chemical weapons, so clearly he's an idiot by your standards.
ahugecat

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2017, 03:39:35 PM »

Your God-Emperor believes that Assad used chemical weapons, so clearly he's an idiot by your standards.

Why do you think I want to get rid of all the neocons like Kushner out?

Kerry and Clinton believed Saddam had WMDs too. The only difference is that we are consistent - I want to back Assad and never thought we should have invaded Iraq. I don't change my beliefs to fit whatever my masters tell me to.

It's incredible how fast people's "beliefs" change when it suits them. In 2012, Russia was our BFF and Mitt Romney belonged in the 1980s due to his statements. Now Russia is such a threat they weaponized Pokemon Go against us lmao.

All I am saying is BE consistent. Don't say "Bush lied; people died" then go on to support taking out Assad.
ahugecat

« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2017, 03:44:23 PM »

And about gay marriage, she'll be fine.

Sanders got people to believe he's always been pro-gay marriage although he didn't explicitly support it til 2009.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2017, 03:50:03 PM »

Why do you think I want to get rid of all the neocons like Kushner out?

Kerry and Clinton believed Saddam had WMDs too. The only difference is that we are consistent - I want to back Assad and never thought we should have invaded Iraq. I don't change my beliefs to fit whatever my masters tell me to.

It's incredible how fast people's "beliefs" change when it suits them. In 2012, Russia was our BFF and Mitt Romney belonged in the 1980s due to his statements. Now Russia is such a threat they weaponized Pokemon Go against us lmao.

All I am saying is BE consistent. Don't say "Bush lied; people died" then go on to support taking out Assad.

Firstly, I've always believed that Russia has posed a threat to the US, and I'm neither a Democrat nor a neoconservative.
Secondly, I think the evidence is clear that Assad has used  chemical weapons against his own people. this does not mean that I believe we should start another adventure in the Middle East, but if something is not done about this by the international community and especially the US, he will continue to slaughter his own people unchecked and that is unacceptable.
ahugecat

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2017, 03:56:17 PM »

Firstly, I've always believed that Russia has posed a threat to the US, and I'm neither a Democrat nor a neoconservative.
Secondly, I think the evidence is clear that Assad has used  chemical weapons against his own people. this does not mean that I believe we should start another adventure in the Middle East, but if something is not done about this by the international community and especially the US, he will continue to slaughter his own people unchecked and that is unacceptable.

"I am not a neoconservative"

Immediately spouts neocon propaganda.

u wot m8?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2017, 04:38:46 PM »

Gabbard isn't pro Assad, just like people against the Iraq war weren't pro Saddam. There are plenty of sh**tty leaders, some of whom are our "allies" like the House of Saud.

Sanders got people to believe he's always been pro-gay marriage although he didn't explicitly support it til 2009.

He had never opposed it. In the 1970s, he called for abolishing on laws dealing homosexuality, which could be implied as supporting SSM, but SSM wasn't really an issue talked about much until this century.
ahugecat

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2017, 04:43:57 PM »

Gabbard isn't pro Assad, just like people against the Iraq war weren't pro Saddam. There are plenty of sh**tty leaders, some of whom are our "allies" like the House of Saud.

He had never opposed it. In the 1970s, he called for abolishing on laws dealing homosexuality, which could be implied as supporting SSM, but SSM wasn't really an issue talked about much until this century.

Sanders signed a resolution in the early 80s declaring marriage between a woman and man and as recently as 2006 said it should be left up to the states.

Yet he got everyone to think he's been at the forefront of gay rights lol.

Hell, Obama and Clinton got people to believe they're gay right innovators (even though Clinton is STILL personally against gay marriage).

And Assad is crappy but far better than letting Neocons take control. One of the best thing Trump did was stop the selling of weapons to the Al-Qaeda/ISIS I meant "rebels" my bad.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2017, 05:15:12 PM »

Sanders signed a resolution in the early 80s declaring marriage between a woman and man and as recently as 2006 said it should be left up to the states.

Hell, Obama and Clinton got people to believe they're gay right innovators (even though Clinton is STILL personally against gay marriage).

And Assad is crappy but far better than letting Neocons take control. One of the best thing Trump did was stop the selling of weapons to the Al-Qaeda/ISIS I meant "rebels" my bad.

That 1980s letter he signed just mentioned husband and wife at a time when gay marriage wasn't an issue, so I don't think it really can be taken as opposition to gay marriage. And in 2006, leaving it to the states was the view of most who supported SSM since Congress was still trying to pass a constitutional amendment to ban it.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2017, 05:16:17 PM »

His 1980s thing wasn't against gay marriage, it just mentioned husband and wife at a time when gay marriage wasn't an issue. And in 2006, leaving it to the states was the view of most who supported SSM since Congress was still trying to pass a constitutional amendment to ban it.

Which was Hillary's exact position in 2006 as well. And unlike Gabbard, she never opposed civil unions or used anti-gay slurs.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2017, 05:24:27 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2017, 05:25:58 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

His 1980s thing wasn't against gay marriage, it just mentioned husband and wife at a time when gay marriage wasn't an issue. And in 2006, leaving it to the states was the view of most who supported SSM since Congress was still trying to pass a constitutional amendment to ban it.

Which was Hillary's exact position in 2006 as well. And unlike Gabbard, she never opposed civil unions or used anti-gay slurs.

Hillary had spoken out against SSM, which Bernie never did. She was an opponent until she switched to supporting it in 2013, after a poll showed 58% of Americans supported it. As for Gabbard, no one claimed she was a leader on LGBT issues, but she still supported SSM before Hillary.
ahugecat

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2017, 05:39:42 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2017, 05:41:52 PM by 60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED »

That 1980s letter he signed just mentioned husband and wife at a time when gay marriage wasn't an issue, so I don't think it really can be taken as opposition to gay marriage. And in 2006, leaving it to the states was the view of most who supported SSM since Congress was still trying to pass a constitutional amendment to ban it.

As I said, he was never explicitly for gay marriage until 2009, yet people act as if he was a hero about this.

If he was then in the 1980s he would have put it at the forefront. Sanders got people to believe a lot about him that simply isn't true.

If he can do it Tulsi can. The only difference is Tulsi is actually anti-establishment unlike Sanders. Sanders was treated with kid's gloves in 2016. Tulsi will not be.

I pray if she does run she beats the media.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2017, 06:01:12 PM »

"I am not a neoconservative"

Immediately spouts neocon propaganda.

u wot m8?

You're pro-Assad yet want to go "all out" in a war against a nuclear power, which would kill millions, and wish we had done that "in Vietnam." You have no right to accuse others of being "neocons."
ahugecat

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2017, 06:19:42 PM »

You're pro-Assad yet want to go "all out" in a war against a nuclear power, which would kill millions, and wish we had done that "in Vietnam." You have no right to accuse others of being "neocons."

1. I am saying IF we go to war with North Korea, we can't half ass it. If we are going to go war we cannot go easy. Vietnam was a slaughterhouse for American troops. I'd prefer to NOT to have went to Vietnam but since we did we shouldn't have been so soft.

2. North Korea actually hates us. Assad or Saddam barely care(d) about us.

Neocons = / = North Korea anyway.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2017, 06:25:07 PM »

1. I am saying IF we go to war with North Korea, we can't half ass it. If we are going to go war we cannot go easy. Vietnam was a slaughterhouse for American troops. I'd prefer to NOT to have went to Vietnam but since we did we shouldn't have been so soft.

2. North Korea actually hates us. Assad or Saddam barely care(d) about us.

Neocons = / = North Korea anyway.

The neocons originally wanted war in Asia in the 1990s. They only switched to the Middle East after 9/11. North Korea, Assad, and Saddam only hate us to the extent they perceive we present a threat to them. And we went very hard on Vietnam - dropped more bomb tonnage than in all of WW2. Didn't do anything. If we had tried to invade North Vietnam it would have turned into an even bigger slaughterhouse with Chinese intervention.
ahugecat

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2017, 06:27:21 PM »

The neocons originally wanted war in Asia in the 1990s. They only switched to the Middle East after 9/11.

What do you mean?
ahugecat

« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2017, 06:36:49 PM »

Now Clinton is speaking against Trump's North Korean policy. The fact one of the biggest neocons ever is doing that leads me to believe that Trump's actions are NOT  neocon policy.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2017, 06:39:11 PM »

The neocons originally wanted war in Asia in the 1990s. They only switched to the Middle East after 9/11.

What do you mean?

In the 1990s PNAC, Wolfowitz, and Rumsfeld were part of the "Blue Team" advocating a hawkish stance towards China.

She's not saying there is no military solution. Steve Bannon, rightly, said that. Even Trump's initial instinct was to talk with the North Koreans, until the military-industrial complex convinced him otherwise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies