Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:52:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many.  (Read 6870 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2017, 12:00:32 PM »

That being said, her chances at the nomination are pretty minuscule, no matter how many people were "impressed" by her in IA.  She simply does not have enough appeal among the demographic groups required to win the nomination.  There is a narrow band of support in the party that does like her a heck of a lot, but I have yet to see any evidence that this faction has any wider influence in the party.

I don't think she's going to win, but I do think a Ron Paul-esque ~4th place or so with a cult following is very possible.  I do think there's a minority of the primary electorate who would be drawn to a candidate on the basis of them being maximally "anti-establishment", and if Sanders isn't running, then I'm not sure Warren would be seen as sufficiently "anti-establishment" for some of these folks.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2017, 12:04:07 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2017, 12:09:44 PM by henster »

That being said, her chances at the nomination are pretty minuscule, no matter how many people were "impressed" by her in IA.  She simply does not have enough appeal among the demographic groups required to win the nomination.  There is a narrow band of support in the party that does like her a heck of a lot, but I have yet to see any evidence that this faction has any wider influence in the party.

I don't think she's going to win, but I do think a Ron Paul-esque ~4th place or so with a cult following is very possible.  I do think there's a minority of the primary electorate who would be drawn to a candidate on the basis of them being maximally "anti-establishment", and if Sanders isn't running, then I'm not sure Warren would be seen as sufficiently "anti-establishment" for some of these folks.

She is a women and POC those are huge voting blocks in Democratic primary, she is on the same level of Kamala Harris in terms of 'history' she would make. She would also likely be the first millennial Presidential candidate ever.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2017, 12:36:53 PM »

She's 3/4 white and the 1/4 is Samoan, not a huge demographic group or voting bloc.

There's a ton of women being talked about as candidates. If she runs she probably won't be the only one, assuming that she'd get any votes based solely on bring the only woman candidate which I doubt.
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2017, 12:44:56 PM »

That being said, her chances at the nomination are pretty minuscule, no matter how many people were "impressed" by her in IA.  She simply does not have enough appeal among the demographic groups required to win the nomination.  There is a narrow band of support in the party that does like her a heck of a lot, but I have yet to see any evidence that this faction has any wider influence in the party.

I don't think she's going to win, but I do think a Ron Paul-esque ~4th place or so with a cult following is very possible.  I do think there's a minority of the primary electorate who would be drawn to a candidate on the basis of them being maximally "anti-establishment", and if Sanders isn't running, then I'm not sure Warren would be seen as sufficiently "anti-establishment" for some of these folks.

That's possible.  While I called her band of support "narrow," I also think it's potentially deep (or perhaps, "strong" or "enthusiastic" is a better way to put it).

I could definitely see this scenario happening Morden.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2017, 12:54:11 PM »

the more I read about Tulsi, the more I like her.

How can anyone Democrat get mad at Bush over Iraq then be against Assad?

Many Democrats got mad at Bush over Iraq, because they need some excuse to justify their hatred of Bush.

I mean Syria and Libya were Obama's Iraq and we didnt see them get mad over that.

Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2017, 09:31:11 AM »

The fact that jfern is a Tulsi booster is probably the least surprising thing I've learned all month

For people who aren't really familiar with Tulsi or why she's so uniquely terrible, here's a scathing rebuke from the leftiest source I could find.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2017, 09:50:53 AM »

the more I read about Tulsi, the more I like her.

How can anyone Democrat get mad at Bush over Iraq then be against Assad?

Many Democrats got mad at Bush over Iraq, because they need some excuse to justify their hatred of Bush.

I mean Syria and Libya were Obama's Iraq and we didnt see them get mad over that.

This
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2017, 12:00:23 PM »

No this is not right you seriously believe this . We were in iraq for 8 years and only in libya for 7 months . far less casualties too so it isnt comparable
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2017, 12:05:01 PM »

No this is not right you seriously believe this . We were in iraq for 8 years and only in libya for 7 months . far less casualties too so it isnt comparable

If Bush went to Libya for 7 months it'd be comparable.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2017, 05:56:14 PM »

How stupid are the people of Iowa?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2017, 08:45:18 PM »

If Bush went to Libya for 7 months it'd be comparable.

I count well over 300 casualties in the first 7 months. No the US did not have over 300 Americans die in Libya. In the actual campaign it had...zero. The only NATO casualty at all in fact was a British pilot, and he was killed in accident in Italy, not in combat.

If you want to count the Benghazi attack despite being almost a year later that's four dead. So 4 vs. >300. No, not comparable.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies