Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:10:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many.  (Read 6980 times)
henster
YaBB God

« on: October 16, 2017, 03:04:42 PM »

Tulsi Gabbard was in Iowa this weekend despite some predictions from neocons that she was doomed a lot of people were impressed by her speech.

https://iowastartingline.com/2017/10/16/in-iowa-tulsi-gabbard-urges-end-to-party-infighting-focus-on-love/
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 11:50:27 AM »

Her one big mistake was meeting up with Assad it rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, she can spin it off as her trying to be diplomatic. Otherwise she has been doing a decent job of trying to get Bernie's base behind her ahead of 2020. I think she will be a monster at small donor fundraising and surprise a lot of people.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 12:04:07 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2017, 12:09:44 PM by henster »

That being said, her chances at the nomination are pretty minuscule, no matter how many people were "impressed" by her in IA.  She simply does not have enough appeal among the demographic groups required to win the nomination.  There is a narrow band of support in the party that does like her a heck of a lot, but I have yet to see any evidence that this faction has any wider influence in the party.

I don't think she's going to win, but I do think a Ron Paul-esque ~4th place or so with a cult following is very possible.  I do think there's a minority of the primary electorate who would be drawn to a candidate on the basis of them being maximally "anti-establishment", and if Sanders isn't running, then I'm not sure Warren would be seen as sufficiently "anti-establishment" for some of these folks.

She is a women and POC those are huge voting blocks in Democratic primary, she is on the same level of Kamala Harris in terms of 'history' she would make. She would also likely be the first millennial Presidential candidate ever.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies