Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:14:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many.  (Read 6971 times)
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« on: October 21, 2017, 11:44:57 AM »

Gabbard is probably my most liked candidate from the Dem side, at least from those that are being discussed in an at least somewhat serious way, and there's a decent chance I'd vote for her over Trump in 2020 if she was the nominee.  That being said, her chances at the nomination are pretty minuscule, no matter how many people were "impressed" by her in IA.  She simply does not have enough appeal among the demographic groups required to win the nomination.  There is a narrow band of support in the party that does like her a heck of a lot, but I have yet to see any evidence that this faction has any wider influence in the party.
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 12:44:56 PM »

That being said, her chances at the nomination are pretty minuscule, no matter how many people were "impressed" by her in IA.  She simply does not have enough appeal among the demographic groups required to win the nomination.  There is a narrow band of support in the party that does like her a heck of a lot, but I have yet to see any evidence that this faction has any wider influence in the party.

I don't think she's going to win, but I do think a Ron Paul-esque ~4th place or so with a cult following is very possible.  I do think there's a minority of the primary electorate who would be drawn to a candidate on the basis of them being maximally "anti-establishment", and if Sanders isn't running, then I'm not sure Warren would be seen as sufficiently "anti-establishment" for some of these folks.

That's possible.  While I called her band of support "narrow," I also think it's potentially deep (or perhaps, "strong" or "enthusiastic" is a better way to put it).

I could definitely see this scenario happening Morden.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies