Paula Jean Swearengin 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:27:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Paula Jean Swearengin 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Paula Jean Swearengin 2020?  (Read 1376 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 16, 2017, 03:05:01 PM »

Would the Senator-elect from West Virginia make a good presidential candidate? Discuss with maps.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 03:07:01 PM »

She is not even getting nominated.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 03:10:26 PM »

In the extremely unlikely scenario that she manages to win the nomination, the only states she wins are California, Massachusetts, New York, Illinois, Maryland, and maybe Rhode Island if she's having a really good night.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 04:07:04 PM »

( office Michael no meme gif)
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 04:36:46 PM »

nope.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 04:42:55 PM »

At least she's an actual person from West Virginia who's family worked in the mining company instead of a slimey paid off politician.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 04:56:33 PM »

At least she's an actual person from West Virginia who's family worked in the mining company instead of a slimey paid off politician.

Hey, we support the same candidate this time!

Well, in 2019 he'll be a slimy paid off lobbyist instead.
Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 05:49:23 PM »

nice bait thread.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 05:51:22 PM »

she wont beat mark cuckerberg in the primary
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 05:52:44 PM »

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 05:53:01 PM »

Umm...

I don't care if you hate Manchin, no other Dem could really win WV. Same with Heitkamp in ND.

So no. She either loses the primary or the general in 2018. And is nowhere to be found by 2020.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 06:02:21 PM »

Umm...

I don't care if you hate Manchin, no other Dem could really win WV. Same with Heitkamp in ND.

So no. She either loses the primary or the general in 2018. And is nowhere to be found by 2020.

No Democrat will win in WV, so you might as well vote your principles. That's the entire point. See my reasoning for supporting her here.

Heitkamp might be able to win. Not as many racist hicks in ND as there are in WV.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 06:05:16 PM »

Umm...

No Democrat will win in WV, so you might as well vote your principles. That's the entire point. See my reasoning for supporting her here.

Heitkamp might be able to win. Not as many racist hicks in ND as there are in WV.

Have you seen Manchin's approvals? Based on those, he certainly has a chance. Especially with the backing of some Republicans.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 06:10:25 PM »

Umm...

Have you seen Manchin's approvals? Based on those, he certainly has a chance. Especially with the backing of some Republicans.

Doesn't mean anything this early. Pryor and Landrieu also had high approvals in 2013 because they weren't attacked yet. If they're still high in a year, then we can talk.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 06:29:40 PM »

Umm...

Doesn't mean anything this early. Pryor and Landrieu also had high approvals in 2013 because they weren't attacked yet. If they're still high in a year, then we can talk.

It is much easier to defeat an incumbent senator when the incumbent senator shares a political party with the president.  That factor worked against Pryor-AR, Landrieu-LA, Udall-CO, Begich-AK, and Hagan-NC in 2014.  This factor is going to work towards Manchin-WV, Heitkamp-ND, Donnely-IN, Brown-OH, Tester-MT, Nelson-FL and McCaskill-MO in 2018.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 06:31:53 PM »

Umm...

It is much easier to defeat an incumbent senator when the incumbent senator shares a political party with the president.  That factor worked against Pryor-AR, Landrieu-LA, Udall-CO, Begich-AK, and Hagan-NC in 2014.  This factor is going to work towards Manchin-WV, Heitkamp-ND, Donnely-IN, Brown-OH, Tester-MT, and McCaskill-MO in 2018.

This.

Landrieu and Pryor were destroyed by connection to Obama. There's no clear bogeyman figure to connect to Manchin. His name recognition is extremely high (he was governor) and even some WV GOPers (including Gov. Jim Justice) support him.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 06:35:51 PM »

This thread is clearly trolling. Don't feed the trolls.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 07:04:09 PM »

Umm...

This logic is the reason Democrats have lost almost all power in government. Why vote for a Republican-lite when you got a Republican to vote for.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 07:09:07 PM »

Umm...

This logic is the reason Democrats have lost almost all power in government. Why vote for a Republican-lite when you got a Republican to vote for.

Well, I mean, there's obviously a reason both of those "republicans-lite" got elected...Voters prefer them to actual Republicans.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 07:40:41 PM »

Umm...

It is much easier to defeat an incumbent senator when the incumbent senator shares a political party with the president.  That factor worked against Pryor-AR, Landrieu-LA, Udall-CO, Begich-AK, and Hagan-NC in 2014.  This factor is going to work towards Manchin-WV, Heitkamp-ND, Donnely-IN, Brown-OH, Tester-MT, and McCaskill-MO in 2018.

This.

Landrieu and Pryor were destroyed by connection to Obama. There's no clear bogeyman figure to connect to Manchin. His name recognition is extremely high (he was governor) and even some WV GOPers (including Gov. Jim Justice) support him.

Is there really no bogeyman? They're still obsessed with Hillary and Pelosi if you haven't noticed, lol.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 09:27:06 PM »

Did the establishment hurt you when you were a child?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 09:55:33 PM »

I hate it when our politicians aren't actual people and are just robots in disguise.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 10:24:45 PM »

THAT's the DAMN LINE! I will vote Trump if that pig is the nominee. And there is no other democrat alive that I would immediately do that for besides this crooked wench.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 10:40:04 PM »

Umm...

Manchin MIGHT be re-elected.  Swearengin would require a miracle to get elected.

Will you be proud of your support if there are 50 Democratic Senators in 2019, but none from WV if Swearengin was nominated and lost?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 10:43:55 PM »

THAT's the DAMN LINE! I will vote Trump if that pig is the nominee. And there is no other democrat alive that I would immediately do that for besides this crooked wench.

You'd vote for the somewhat openly but indirectly racist socially conservative white "Real SC Values" senator over Paula Jean?

Not sure why you have such a visceral reaction to Paula Jean lol. I don't have a favorable opinion of her but this is funny.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies