TV series you used to love and now hate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:56:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  TV series you used to love and now hate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TV series you used to love and now hate  (Read 2269 times)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« on: October 17, 2017, 09:20:09 AM »

I used to watch Big Bang Theory religiously, but I have just stopped. When they announced that they had extended it for another 3 seasons, I just thought, "Really? Haven't we really seen everything we've needed to see?" I will probably pick it up again at some point, but all my enthusiasm for the show has died.

I also grew up loving the Simpsons, and still love the idea of it being on tv, but as everyone knows the quality has dropped off a cliff in the past 15 or so years. I really don't pay attention to any of the new episodes. But the old episodes are still treasures.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 01:20:19 PM »

Doctor Who is getting there thanks to full-on virtue signaling, post-modernist, identity politics replacing drama and good storytelling more often than not. The last two parter was solid if not for that I would say definitely yes about the past two or three seasons. I am not extremely hopeful for the new season and the casting decision itself is not the problem though if the direction of the series is a clue they will mine it in the worst ways possible as a wink to its increasingly left-of-center, teen & adult audience. I think I watch it more as a completist - though from time to time it can surprise. My daughter is interested because of the casting decision though I really hope what they offer is an example of television appropriate for a 11 year old kid and not like spinoffs like Class or Torchwood which lose some of the fun of the original series adventurous nature with the characters relationships and story arcs as an allegory of some larger social issue rather than the plots moving to the fore.

Spinoffs are like this and the Fear the Walking Dead show quickly lost its appeal and I did not even bother with the most recent season.

Yeah, I am also worried about Doctor Who as well. I will definitely give it a shot, but I am nervous that it will no longer be the same, or will try so hard to prove that a woman doctor is just the same/as good as a male doctor that it comes across poorly. If it works, I will be the first to come here and admit I was wrong. But I really am worried that Doctor Who will not be the same show I have really come to love these past number of years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies