TV series you used to love and now hate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:09:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  TV series you used to love and now hate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TV series you used to love and now hate  (Read 2261 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« on: October 17, 2017, 05:31:20 PM »

Even though a lot of my favorite artists came from it, but American Idol wasn't actually good television. Add The Voice to that as well.

I don't hate Supernatural, but I'm just kinda sad for it. It should've been cancelled like 4 seasons ago. The newer seasons are stale, and repetitive.

Also, The Walking Dead, first three seasons I loved. The second half of season 4 was when I started to hate. I kept watching because it had a few interesting bits, but overall it got boring, and characters who were annoying kept living.

Although, the upcoming seasons of TWD and Supernatural promise to be pretty good, and give me hope for them. That both shows could end with a handful of actually good seasons.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 12:47:48 PM »

I have loved these Netflix Marvel shows more or less, but recently on my latest binge, I'm getting sick of this "never kill anyone, ever, no matter what" position. They insert it everywhere. Whenever someone is about to kill, even if it's justified, everyone springs up as if they are there to police murder. They literally had a couple episodes where it seemed like all Daredevil was there to do was to police other heroes/people doing good and stop them from even considering killing villains to save lives.

They go up against a criminal organization old enough to have a murder count rivaling smaller instances of genocide and they would rather let the leaders go than to just kill them. When the only other option is to let them go and result in them murdering many more people, the choice is clear: take them out. I think people should try their best to avoid this but if you have the ability to save lives by stopping a very bad person, you absolutely should, if there is no other option. I feel like these comics/shows are teaching an absurdly unrealistic view of the world, in which it is more important than you keep your conscious clean than do something extreme that would save innocent lives.

-

And yes, I know comics have done this in the past (and now) both in order to keep the same villains around, which you can't do if you kill them, but also in order to make themselves acceptable to people/children of all ages, but it's getting extremely annoying to me at this point. I don't think this kind of "ultimate principled hero" is even necessary anymore to maintain sales. It's not the 40s/50s anymore.

That was one of my problems with the Netflix shows, but my main problem is that almost every villain is the same. A powerful criminal who sometimes go off the rails. The worst case being Cottonmouth who was a more boring rehash of Kingpin, they finally give him some interesting beats and kill him off in the same scene.
Kingpin, Kilgrave, and The Punisher were the best antagonists. (Punisher isn't really a villain having helped Daredevil and got his own show)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies