How do you see the NJ race for governor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:17:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  How do you see the NJ race for governor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do you see the NJ race for governor?  (Read 496 times)
jman123
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2017, 10:36:14 AM »

How do you see NJ play out on election day? Hillary Clinton is campaigning for Phil murphy. His Goldman Sachs past also might be a negative for the Bernie Dems. Do you see the green party overperforming this election because of this. Seth Kaper Dale is green candidate.

On the GOP side Guadagno is a moderate who is socially liberal and anti Trump. This might alienate Trump Republicans. Do you see as a result a overperformance of Matthew Riccardi of the Constitution Party because of this?

This election interests me . What do you think?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 01:40:24 PM »

Guadango has been doing race-baiting Sanctuary city ads and digs against Murphy so I think she will retain most Trump supporters. These ads personally annoy me and made me reconsider how much I'd support her, although I would still vote for her if I still lived in New Jersey. The issue is there's a lot of non Trump supporters in New Jersey, and a lot of people despised Chris Christie.

The non dems / republicans seem like memes with no news coverage so I doubt they get anywhere.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 03:25:10 PM »

While Guadagno is certainly a moderate-ish Republican (for example she is pro choice), Chris Christie screwed the pooch and damned the fate of every potential challenger to Phil Murphy this election.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 04:44:10 PM »

Murphy wins 56-42, not sure if he'll get a 2nd term...
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 09:55:51 AM »

Guadagno is a moderate and generally has done a pretty good job of separating himself from Trump and Christie but it just isn't enough. You're more likely to see a "Stop Christie and Trump, paid for by Phil Murphy" sign than an actual Murphy sign. It would be impossible for any NJ Rep to get rid of the stench of Christie, let alone his lieutenant. She also isn't that great on the stump either - not a very convincing debater and awkward in public. Murphy is no Obama but he outclasses her in that regard.
Guadagno has been throwing the red meat to the base and so I think she'll turn out most of the Trump supporters, but the Democrats are simply more energized in a state where they already have a significant advantage. I say Murphy wins by a margin similar to Obama's in 2012.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 02:35:34 PM »

Murphy by 16, IMo
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies