Federal Judge in Hawaii blocks Latest Travel Ban
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:36:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Federal Judge in Hawaii blocks Latest Travel Ban
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federal Judge in Hawaii blocks Latest Travel Ban  (Read 1983 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2017, 02:14:40 PM »

Breaking on CNN now 

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 02:28:38 PM »

I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the President of the United States from what appears to be clearly his statutory and Constitutional power.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 02:30:56 PM »

I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the President of the United States from what appears to be clearly his statutory and Constitutional power.

Hawaii is part of the United States. You should have paid attention during elementary school.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 02:31:05 PM »

Scumball judge
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 03:30:12 PM »

They are providing cause to simply dissolve the 9th circuit. And also disallow a single so called district judge to issue nationwide orders.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 03:52:22 PM »

They are providing cause to simply dissolve the 9th circuit. And also disallow a single so called district judge to issue nationwide orders.

We should just kill all Democrats.

Actually, that’s not that good of an idea - with no liberals around, who will Republicans try to trigger?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 04:33:46 PM »

I don't exactly like the idea that a district court can make decisions for the whole country, but at the end of the day, the travel ban probably is unconstitutional.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 05:29:13 PM »

That's why court cases can be escalated all the way up to the Supreme Court.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 06:28:55 PM »

The judges in this country are totally out of control.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 08:26:23 AM »

Judge in Maryland agrees
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »

Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 08:49:19 AM »

Yeah, let's dissolve the judicial branch, great idea there.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 09:01:51 AM »

Yeah, let's dissolve the judicial branch, great idea there.

I didn't see the word "dissolve" in any of that.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 09:28:11 AM »

Every one coming in from those countries should have be processed in Honolulu. 
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 09:31:34 AM »

I am really amazed that an orange-skinned clown can issue an order and prevent all people from a country from entering the US because of their religion with the stroke of a pen.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 09:37:24 AM »

I am really amazed that an orange-skinned clown can issue an order and prevent all people from a country from entering the US because of their religion with the stroke of a pen.

Last time I checked, there were more than 6 Muslim-majority countries in the world.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 09:59:35 AM »

Last time I checked, there were more than 6 Muslim-majority countries in the world.

Correct, and the one where most 9/11 terrorists came from was not his list.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 10:08:47 AM »

9/11 was 16 years ago, so that is not even a valid argument. I've never explicitly endorsed a blanket ban (the current travel ban isn't even that), but the countries involved, minus Venezuela, are basically "scary places" that do not send a lot of people to the US and have serious problems with their governments and radicalism. A travel ban affecting those countries does little to affect actual movement between those countries and the US and at least makes normal Americans feel safer.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 11:30:38 AM »

Judicial activism in the U.S. has really gone too far.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 01:54:20 PM »

It's almost as if our great President received 306 electoral votes, while a single moron so called judge received 0.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 01:57:43 PM »

It's almost as if our great President received 306 electoral votes, while a single moron so called judge received 0.

You’re a chronically single moron who also received 0 electoral votes, but for some reason you think anyone here cares about your opinion.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 02:39:59 PM »

It's almost as if our great President received 306304 electoral votes, while a single moron so called judge received 0.

^ fixed
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 09:48:19 AM »

9/11 was 16 years ago, so that is not even a valid argument. I've never explicitly endorsed a blanket ban (the current travel ban isn't even that), but the countries involved, minus Venezuela, are basically "scary places" that do not send a lot of people to the US and have serious problems with their governments and radicalism. A travel ban affecting those countries does little to affect actual movement between those countries and the US and at least makes normal Americans feel safer.

But the spread of (radical) terrorism is greater than ever before today. And this radical ideology is being exported from Saudi Arabia. Penalties in Saudi Arabia for minor offenses are identical to ISIS. Saudi Arabia is not just the single biggest exporter of radical ideologies but also a huge funder of terrorism. If not the government regime, lots of private sponsors are funding radical groups and authorities are not doing enough to prevent it. It is a disgrace that the West can't disavow this horrible regime. But not just Trump is to be blamed for that, in all fairness.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 06:42:41 PM »

The judiciary is not supposed to be controlled by the executive nor the legislature. That is rather the point of having one.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies