Trump to widow of Sgt. La David Johnson: "He knew what he signed up for"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:10:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump to widow of Sgt. La David Johnson: "He knew what he signed up for"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Trump to widow of Sgt. La David Johnson: "He knew what he signed up for"  (Read 4635 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 07:12:12 AM »

President Moron is a despicable human being, but once again he is (with the active collusion of the media) leveraging that to his own advantage. Once again, we are all talking about what an awful person he is, instead of about what a stupid, incompetent and failure of a president he is.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 07:21:43 AM »

??

It was at 7:25 AM.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 07:30:06 AM »

@realDonaldTrump

Democrat Congresswoman totally fabricated what I said to the wife of a soldier who died in action (and I have proof). Sad!

@425 in the morning no less

--

I am getting really sick of this type of sh*t from him. Disgusting. Background here, http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/10/18/frederica-wilson-la-david-johnson-trump-call-intv-lemon-ctn.cnn

No empathy whatsoever. F*** you Mr. President. Sorry if this is more elevated than my usual posts but as a vet, this type of stuff from His Orangeness really hits home for me.

She responded:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 07:40:29 AM »

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Democrat Congresswoman totally fabricated what I said to the wife of a soldier who died in action (and I have proof). Sad!
4:25 AM - 18 Oct 2017
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/920611770775064576

Unless Twitter automatically uses PST but I thought it was based on the time zone at sign up (don't have a Twitter).
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 09:00:58 AM »

god this president and nation is a sh*tshow. this country was never perfect by any stretch, but where did we fall off the tracks and exploded.
Lemmiwinks
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2017, 09:04:21 AM »

I see nothing wrong with this statement. He was highlighting the bravery of soldiers who choose to risk their life to serve their country.
This. Trump says dumb and/or offensive stuff all the time, but I'm pretty sure this was his intent here. Could have been better worded, but I don't think this is that bad.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2017, 09:24:43 AM »

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2017, 09:28:23 AM »

I see nothing wrong with this statement. He was highlighting the bravery of soldiers who choose to risk their life to serve their country.
This. Trump says dumb and/or offensive stuff all the time, but I'm pretty sure this was his intent here. Could have been better worded, but I don't think this is that bad.

You guys need to stop lowering the bar for this bum. If any other president had said this, we would be killing him.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2017, 10:35:22 AM »

I can understand the reluctance to bring into political discussion the topic and contents of a commander-in-chief's phone call to family members of fallen servicemen/women, especially since it is not always easy to console those grieving.

However, because trump was the first to politicize this topic, and within the context of his presidency, this is just another clear example of how this child is not fit to be president, and how he will go down in history as the worst president so far.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2017, 12:08:47 PM »

@realDonaldTrump

Unless Twitter automatically uses PST but I thought it was based on the time zone at sign up (don't have a Twitter).

it says 8:25 for me. But it said 54 min ago (which is always accurate) around 8:20 EST when I was looking at it. So 7:25 was when he posted it.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2017, 12:11:14 PM »

@realDonaldTrump

it says 8:25 for me. But it said 54 min ago (which is always accurate) around 8:20 EST when I was looking at it. So 7:25 was when he posted it.

Just a thought: if you don't have a Twitter account and set a default timezone, perhaps it defaults to their local time?  Twitter is in San Francisco, so Pacific time.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2017, 12:12:21 PM »

I think I agree with you in terms of what was probably his intention at the time. But the fact that he can't realize in hindsight that it was a poor choice of words and explain at least even that much (if not apologize directly) makes it pretty bad in my mind.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2017, 12:26:16 PM »

I think I agree with you in terms of what was probably his intention at the time. But the fact that he can't realize in hindsight that it was a poor choice of words and explain at least even that much (if not apologize directly) makes it pretty bad in my mind.
He flat out denied that he said it and called the congresswoman and the widow of Johnson liars.

But here we are sitting in our chairs going "nah.. it wasn't that bad!  *cheeto munching*  I don't know what all the fuss is about *cheeto munching*"

This needs to f**king stop.
Lemmiwinks
Rookie

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2017, 12:42:22 PM »

Well yeah. Trump never apologizes for anything.
Lemmiwinks
Rookie

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2017, 12:44:09 PM »

You guys need to stop lowering the bar for this bum. If any other president had said this, we would be killing him.

If it were any other president, presumably the intent would be the same, but still with poor word choice. I would shrug it off as another Bush-ism if Dubya had said it.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2017, 12:45:47 PM »

Very poorly worded, but he wasn't factually wrong.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2017, 02:12:32 PM »

HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2017, 02:26:03 PM »

With the account now being corroborated by the family,   I don't know why I'm supposed to "take Trump's word for it" on anything (specifically Russia) when he lies about stuff like this all the time. If you constantly lie about relatively small scale past statements you've made I'm not going to believe anything you have to say when you're talking about something important.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2017, 03:13:28 PM »

Worth a read:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-offered-a-grieving-military-father-25000-in-a-call-but-didnt-follow-through/2017/10/18/8d4cbc8c-b43a-11e7-be94-fabb0f1e9ffb_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.fb024dc76779
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2017, 04:03:44 PM »

If they both have proof, then they should both release it and we’ll see who is telling the truth and who is lying.

I would bet real money that Trump is the one lying, given his history of lying about such things and his constant disrespect of our armed services.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2017, 04:06:00 PM »

White House says Trump already sent the check by mail.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2017, 04:12:18 PM »

Generally it's a good policy to assume Trump is lying until proven otherwise.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2017, 04:13:17 PM »

I interpreted it as he sent the check today because he got caught lying.
elcorazon

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2017, 04:16:21 PM »

Very poorly worded, but he wasn't factually wrong.
just like the Clinton quote about deplorables, only that one wasn't even poorly worded, just weirdly taken out of context.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2017, 04:16:31 PM »

I interpreted it as he sent the check today because he got caught lying.

Ah, I misunderstood.  I thought you meant they'd claimed to have already sent the check before the article.  My bad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies