Trump to widow of Sgt. La David Johnson: "He knew what he signed up for" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:25:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump to widow of Sgt. La David Johnson: "He knew what he signed up for" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump to widow of Sgt. La David Johnson: "He knew what he signed up for"  (Read 4659 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: October 18, 2017, 07:12:12 AM »

President Moron is a despicable human being, but once again he is (with the active collusion of the media) leveraging that to his own advantage. Once again, we are all talking about what an awful person he is, instead of about what a stupid, incompetent and failure of a president he is.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 07:40:05 PM »

really this is the biggest who cares story in Trump's entire presidency.

We know Trump's personality. can we stop expecting things from him? there's no reason for this to be the headline of the New York Times and not the failure to extend CHIP, the attempts by Alexander-Murray to help insurance markets, Pruitt's deplorable and vigorous tenure as EPA Administrator, ect. ect.

That'd require the media and the Democratic establishment to have interest in topics of substance, rather than stylistic issues and obsessing over Trump's boorishness. They think this is some great shock to the country and will chase everyone away from Trump; it's the same strategy the Clinton campaign used last year to such great effect. It doesn't work, people don't care, and it does nothing to truly turn people against Trump and the GOP. All these "sophisticated suburban Republicans who're appalled by Trump's incivility" don't really exist in large numbers; they're liberal fantasies and delusions. But, I guess harping over superficial, everyday Trumpian sociopathic nonsense is easier than making a case for a lackluster, tried-and-failed, neoliberal policy agenda nobody cares about.

It's only easier if you don't care about the costs of failure.

Which, to be fair, the Dem and media elite do not. They will never personally suffer the socioeconomic impacts of Trumpolini's tyranny and bad government. (At least, not until the GOP goes full Hitler and starts executing them in job lots.) They likely see Dumb Leader in power as a mixed blessing. Sure, they get the smaller slice of the rulership pie, but they also likely think they get job security. After all, President Moron sets a very low threshold for his opposition to be better than he is.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 08:25:28 PM »

The president lying to and about Americans is always a big deal, guys.

Yes. But that's every time he opens his mouth or touches his phone. You grow numb to the horror after a while. Especially when he's practicing other far more damaging and despicable evils on a near-constant basis.

He and the GOP need to be removed. And I grow skeptical of the Dems ability to win, or follow through if they do. I'm getting back to thinking there are no good options left, but to try and get clear of the blast radius when our whole system collapses.  (Are New Zealand, Australia, or the Falklands reasonably self-sufficient?)
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 08:16:15 AM »

Second Amendment remedies never sounded so good.

I wish Dumb Leander a long adn healthy life, preferably in a cell or mental health facility. If he is ever shot, it would be a moment of irony for the ages. (And it would be hilarious to watch the NRA response.) But make no mistake, such a result would be even worse for America than President Moron himself. The ascension of President Talkshow Theocrat would be no net gain. It would further damage an already badly broken justice system. It would divide our nation even further and inflame his cult. It would give the totalitarians in the GOP a huge excuse to attack their political opponents, both legally and otherwise. It would make Trump a martyr, and be an unmistakable sign that our democracy is failing.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 06:02:08 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/19/john-kellys-fiery-defense-of-trumps-shot-at-obama-and-gold-star-phone-call-annotated/

Kelly brilliantly defended Trumpolini on this. I suspect that beating this particular horse further will only hurt the Dems and the left.

I fear it will take re-electing him (if that) for the opposition to stop making the mistake of ignoring his failure and incompetence. Instead they keep whining about his personality and tyranny to people who don't care.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 06:14:38 PM »

The president lying to and about Americans is always a big deal, guys.

Yes. But that's every time he opens his mouth or touches his phone. You grow numb to the horror after a while. Especially when he's practicing other far more damaging and despicable evils on a near-constant basis.

Well it shouldn't be that way. He should be held to the same standard of any other president, not given training wheels because he's so pathetic.

Rule #4 for surviving an autocracy: Be outraged.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1313010

Thank you for the reminder.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 10:54:17 PM »

Trump: "hey can I use your dead son as a political prop?"

Kelly: "sure, in fact, i will do a press conference backin you up bud!"

doesn't sound like the "defender of the free world" that all of the generic righties like Corker always talk about, huh?

I guess Acting President Kelly must be very loyal to his spokescritter Trump, although I sure don't understand why. The man is a disaster.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 12:12:29 PM »

The Trumpers will ignore it. They're well trained to avoid the pain of acknowledging reality. (Makes Acting President Kelly look a lot worse to me, though.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies