Will TX GOV be more competitive than we think? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:50:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will TX GOV be more competitive than we think? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will TX GOV be more competitive than we think?  (Read 1503 times)
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« on: October 17, 2017, 10:15:20 PM »

Yes. Ted Cruz is likely in a Toss-Up race and there won't be that many O'Rourke/Abbott voters.

Uh, sorry. It's Safe R, and the Senate Race is Safe R as well. In fact, both are TITANIUM R, and are so safe that they make NH races between Democratic Women and Republican Men look competitive.

Texas is aggressively moving to the left, and not to mention, Trump is very unpopular down in Texas. Just remember in 2010 when Russ Feingold, a progressive Senator in a state that overwhelmingly went to Barack Obama, was ousted, alongside a Republican taking over the governorship.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 10:17:11 PM »

Texas Gov is even more likely to go dem than New York Senate. That's how titanium D it is. The hispanic + asian wall is too much for the GOP to handle come 2018.
Undoubtedly, I think Putin's Puppet Drumpf has seriously ended Cruz and Abbott's career in Texas. He's tarnished the names of the GOP in that state, and hispanic turnout will undoubtedly spike because of our fascist xenophobic president.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 10:20:00 PM »

Yeah, on second thought all you guys are right. I've changed my avatar to celebrate the demise of Cruz and Abbott.
And the demise of tiny hands! Cheesy
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 10:26:10 PM »

Democrats have yet to find a strong candidate at this point and even if they do I doubt it will be within 10. Abbot is popular and Texas is still very much a Republican state.
We could put up a bag of sand for TX-Gov and it'd still destroy Greg Abbott. This state is heavily going towards the Democrats, similarly to California from 1988 to 1992.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 10:48:39 PM »

I'm sorry, but your bias is blinding you to the very real risks present in Texas, Krazen

Pal, the Democrat party has been threatening to win elections in Texas for 24 years now. All they do is lose. I am old enough to remember Wenchy Davis trying the same.
Sounds like someone is in denial!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies